Muskoka Freerider

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of development riding. I was told when I was on MTC with Ski doo that to be a test rider for them you have to ride a certain percentage of the hours on the sled at 100% throttle position. I can’t remember that number as that was 15-16 years ago. A guy like Johnny Hurkot or a Caleb Kesterke can hit that number easily but most riders who think they are a big deal can’t I’m betting. Just think about your own riding and make an honest guess. I bet it’s not over 5% for most people.
Why do you think I no longer ride a 2stroke, I blow them up in very little time, never really have one survive much over the 2,000kms and I've owned well over 40 2strokes over the years. I just as well tape the throttle as it starts off good but once in the play zones its stays on the bar all day.
I refuse to ride the wife's sled because I know better.
The 4stroke challenges me that way, you ain't riding that at WOT much ever, but age is catching up, i'm feeling it now.
Running at WOT is easy

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a deep day when youre holding the throttle to the bar, going 1 mile an hour i think to myself this is going to blow up my sled and stop.

Some guys are dumb or something and keep doing it like its fun riding a 2 mile an hour or something 🤣

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except he has the buddy tracking amtenna on the underside of the mounting panel. It will limit his range.

Reactions: GRD

bcjeepr

Reaction score
On a deep day when youre holding the throttle to the bar, going 1 mile an hour i think to myself this is going to blow up my sled and stop.

Some guys are dumb or something and keep doing it like its fun riding a 2 mile an hour or something 🤣
I think that is called Mechanical Sympathy .:)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you think I no longer ride a 2stroke, I blow them up in very little time, never really have one survive much over the 2,000kms and I've owned well over 40 2strokes over the years. I just as well tape the throttle as it starts off good but once in the play zones its stays on the bar all day.
The 4stroke challenges me that way, you ain't riding that at WOT much ever, but age is catching up, i'm feeling it now.
Running at WOT is easy

I will say a 4 stroke's can be a lot of fun on a deep day. I rode a 280hp 174 Boost-it Turbo Viper at Eagles pass in 4 feet of pow. And that was perfect conditions and place for it. And it was a riot. I don't think 1 part was stock on that thing though...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id be curious of the failure rates of a 146/154/165/175. The shorter the track the harder your beating on that sled plain and simple. way more 100% WOT with the shorter tracks to get to the same spot

Not to mention less cooling capacity with the same heat source. I think a 146/154 2.5” would be a cool second sled for low snow, it would get irritating and tiring quick on the deep days.

Is it just me or is the lynx 146 a dog compared to the 146 freeride in the vid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to mention less cooling capacity with the same heat source. I think a 146/154 2.5” would be a cool second sled for low snow, it would get irritating and tiring quick on the deep days.

I don’t think it’s just you Matt. I saw the same thing

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running at WOT is easy

whats the last 2 stroke that you owned and blew up in 2000km?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Saw the same thing- lynx turbo is wailing away and no results. Lame.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lynx is substantially heavier. I don’t really understand why people buy it over the expert. The suspension is great but it doesn’t perform with the expert. It’s a neat machine with a purpose but if deep snow performance is your game the expert outshines it. You won’t follow it down a whooped out trail for long though with an expert so pick your poison I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19e8934e27a04ab8fafa0c6880d2aa98.jpg

I’m really liking my new doo expert but I really wish that it was a 15” track, I think that hinders it in a substantially in steep tight terrain. Yes I’m sure the 16” wide climbs better in steep deep but overall I wish my expert was 15” wide and no sway bar. That would make it even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom