Muskoka Freerider

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to laugh at the polaris engineers when they told me that they have tested machines for 1000's of miles. on a video game??
There is a lot of development riding. I was told when I was on MTC with Ski doo that to be a test rider for them you have to ride a certain percentage of the hours on the sled at 100% throttle position. I can’t remember that number as that was 15-16 years ago. A guy like Johnny Hurkot or a Caleb Kesterke can hit that number easily but most riders who think they are a big deal can’t I’m betting. Just think about your own riding and make an honest guess. I bet it’s not over 5% for most people.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of development riding. I was told when I was on MTC with Ski doo that to be a test rider for them you have to ride a certain percentage of the hours on the sled at 100% throttle position. I can’t remember that number as that was 15-16 years ago. A guy like Johnny Hurkot or a Caleb Kesterke can hit that number easily but most riders who think they are a big deal can’t I’m betting. Just think about your own riding and make an honest guess. I bet it’s not over 5% for most people.
i have shown guys on dig wrench their percentage of throttle position. they tell me how hardcore they are then i show them how hard core they aren't lolololol!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between the drive and the FSR truck drive and the single track ride, Area 51 is probably the most painful and annoying zone I've ever gone to. It's a once every 2 years kind of place for me.
Plus if yur like me and haul a trailer up there and then your doing the mr bean turn lol

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit, that can’t be too hard, them separatist concocted pieces of crap don’t make much power. 🤷‍♂️

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Area 51, the rest of my group. Hate the trail. I will have to connect with you to discover this short cut. I have ran into guys out there that came in a different way. Even said there is a cabin back in there somewhere? Maybe southwest of the gas drop and across the lake?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo everyone is loving the freeride it seems... lots of 146x15 footage out there... maybe Doo is slowly making the move over? or atleast offering both for a while

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo everyone is loving the freeride it seems... lots of 146x15 footage out there... maybe Doo is slowly making the move over? or atleast offering both for a while

its just a marketing gimick to attract some polaris riders. It worked. They will run both as long as the expert is around i would say

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its just a marketing gimick to attract some polaris riders. It worked. They will run both as long as the expert is around i would say

19e8934e27a04ab8fafa0c6880d2aa98.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo and Polaris should be having Matt and some of his riding buds be test pilots for the new mountain sleds. Not many guys put on as many miles and hours on a sled as they do.
Doo and Poo have some pretty hard charging guys already. Turcotte, Caleb and the Kurtis crew. Doo has the CKMP boys, Alford and Maxwell 🤣

Top Bottom