Muskoka Freerider

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 900 is a factory mod

Not sure how this title has stuck; it's an oxymoron. It's either OEM or been modified, not both. Marketing at it's finest I guess.
There's nothing mythical about this engine. Yes, I get its a "big bore" based on the 850 and Carl had a 900 kit, but really?
Reusing a design and incrementally increasing displacement is something engine makers have been doing for decades, including powersports.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this title has stuck; it's an oxymoron. It's either OEM or been modified, not both. Marketing at it's finest I guess.
There's nothing mythical about this engine. Yes, I get its a "big bore" based on the 850 and Carl had a 900 kit, but really?
Reusing a design and incrementally increasing displacement is something engine makers have been doing for decades, including powersports.

The idea is that you get your 900 and have factory warranty. And you’re gonna need that warranty, let me tell ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can confirm Polaris has taken care of my 2 clutches so far without question. That being said, not sure if the second one was a clutch failure leading to boot failure, or a bolt failure leading to clutch failure.

That was an odd failure for sure. Possible it wasn't torqued properly when it went back on?

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was an odd failure for sure. Possible it wasn't torqued properly when it went back on?

Hard to say, but the way the bolt snapped, I’d say it could have possibly been over torqued. It snapped off right behind the bolt head so it didn’t fall off. It would have either been bolt failure from over torque or clutch grenaded and bolt snapped. No way to know which happened first and if I did see it, I wouldn’t have eyes anymore from having parts shot at me going 40 mph.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these new turbo sleds made to work with 91 octane / premium fuel. Why should I have to put 94 in or add some race fuel to my tank. I used to do that with my Nitro. Havnvt had to worry about this since I had my 21 skidoo turbo. And for these newer models now running 27-30K alone without any extras and then I have to add 93-94 octane fuel or some race fuel to the tank or my engine has detonation is something the manufacturer should state that 93/94 octane is recommended not 91. The race for the highest horsepower on 91 pump gas is not achieved if you must put even better fuel in there or you'll grenade your motor.

I’ve never had an issue with a stock sled and octane but I ran a couple stage 2 kits and a stage 3 kit on my cats and had DET issues even though they called for 91 octane. I ran a couple litres of av gas or race fuel in every tank, especially if I was riding low elevations , maybe these new Polaris sleds are to close to the brink of DET right from factory

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if he tried a set of iridiums if that would help at all. i thought i read an article on a forum that said you could buy chinese knockoff plugs that actually had all the ngk badging on them. on the metal part there was no numbers as where actual ngk had numbers. i hate champion but the equivelant is a rn57ycc.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever changed a plug on the hill? I haven’t since 2009 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We changed one on buddies 2017 G4. We were lucky it was the pto side with the tools we had. More worried about losing the hood screws. Buddy misplaced the clutch cover pin that day. Lucky we had some wire. Now I carry one of those pins just in case. Lol

Top Bottom