more power for xp

pistonpete

Reaction score
Here is a idea that goes along with the oil delete for weight loss. Replace the tunnel cooler with a sheet of aluminum. Then mount a Yamaha apex cooler (5"x5") rad and fan and re- rout coolant lines to the rad which can be mounted where the oil res used to be under the hood. This weighs about a pound.
On a 154 to 163 tunnel you will lose almost 15 lbs. weight.
The sled cools just fine, but the real difference we noticed was absolutely no snow sticking to the tunnel or skid.
Non stick EH !! Please show more on this !!

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
He is a pic of the rad, kind of hard to make out.

Attachments

• xp 001 (4).jpg
    xp 001 (4).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 97
  • xp 001 (2).jpg
    xp 001 (2).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 98

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im onboard with the rad and cooler idea but i cant convince myself that mixing gas is a good idea ever again

Amen. My old 98 summit that the girlfriend rides has the injection deleted and it's a huge pain in the a$$!

You should also consider the loss in fuel range with all that oil mixed in your tank you can't hold as much fuel. You're not really loosing all that much weight; you're just carrying less fuel. Maybe try only filling the fuel tank half full. That's almost a 16lb weight savings!!! :eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have it done on my rev. not that much of a pain doesnt atke any more time than toping up the resevoir. i just look how many litres i put in at the pump and multiply it by 25 and pour away.

the nice thing is how crisp it runs now and the safety factor. ive never had a oil pump fail but i have heard about it. this at least eliminates that mechanical system

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats welded into the pipe at the top of the can? That cooler sure cleans up the tunnel to! I bet a dirt bike or quad rad would work to. That got my thinker working now!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno about that cooler delete..
that tunnel almost needs that cooler to keep the rigidity.

Save the $$$ and go to mexico... lol sleddin' will still be fun.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Whats welded into the pipe at the top of the can? That cooler sure cleans up the tunnel to! I bet a dirt bike or quad rad would work to. That got my thinker working now!

The thing welded to the pipe is a old Air fuel sender, non issue. Yep, a dirt bike rad or quad rad would work also. And you don't have to delete your oil ressy. Just what this guy did cuz he wanted to. The tunnel is no weaker cuz the plate goes full 15.5 in. underneath the tunnel. Personally, I don't like the oil injection delete as I had enough mixing way back when. The reason for this is that it proves that a little 5x5 in. rad with a fan can be enough to keep the sled from overheating in most conditions in the mountains.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your freind does his rad draw inside or outside air or exhaust outside if it exhausted out it might cool the whole ambiant temp under the hood make the motor happier

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should also consider the loss in fuel range with all that oil mixed in your tank you can't hold as much fuel.

LOL

I mix 1.5 L of oil into 40 L of fuel. I'll take the 15 lb weight reduction and loss of system complexity over the loss of 1.5 L of fuel any day. I get about 80 kms to a tank, LOL 1.5 L of fuel means 3 more kms, 4-5 more kms on a stock machine probably, if you are getting 125 kms out of a tank.

If anyone cared I guess they could pack a small 1 L bottle of fuel with them (about 2 lbs) to cover off the balance from the oil they put in the tank but if you're getting that low on fuel you could just borrow a litre from your buddy..... never have to worry about bleeding the system either.

Top Bottom