Lucky Dude over Huge Cornice

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy drove over and fell into End Of The World at Millage on Friday. I looked over the north facing cornice and saw his sled. He climbed up a spot as far as he could that had the least amount of overhang. His buddy was able to throw him a rope that we tied several lengths together. Didn't want too many of us on that massive cornice. He must of fell a few hundred feet forsure. Can't imagine what he must of felt when he drove over. He said he was getting some footage on his helmet cam when he got seperated from his group. Visibility was poor and over he went. We pulled him out with help from a good guy in a bright yellow jacket on a Dragon.(Not supposed to be there) He seemed to be in good shape less a boot and a frozen foot. Glad we could help and it all worked out OK.
They went back Saturday with a chopper to pick out his damaged sled. I would like to know how that worked out if anyone knows..:eek::eek:

FLEMINA

Reaction score
did he go over the HUGE drop right at the end of the trail? right where it opens up at chappel? if he did, i'd say the dudes very lucky ta be alive!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow yeah i would say he's lucky to be alive! Glad everything worked out in the end could have ended differently.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn I would say very lucky. Thats always been a worry of mine. I am glad to hear he is ok. Where is this place so I can avoid it, lol

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear he is ok. I have always worried about that spot. Very easy to drive over if unfamiliar with that area.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that cat had nine lives, he just used eight of them

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I am correct, as you come into the alpine, there is a ridge on the right, going east to west. I heard of someone flying off of that lip about 10 years ago. I believe there is a runout to the west of that that is also a challenge to get out..:eek: if not, chopper.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you come into the alpine from the trail, heading south. It would be on your right side. He went in probably the worst spot possible right at the south end just a bit to the west when you come out of the lake.

GRD

Reaction score
WOW!!! Lucky he is ok!.... That is a crazy drop!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of this area? Been there a couple times but dont know all the names of the places. Heading out there in a couple weeks and would like to know before start following the mystery tracks.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you first arrive at the main lake,it is the top of the very,very long gradual climb to your right. You may even see the skiers using this gradual slope. When you first enter the alpine,if you stayed to your extreme right all the way to the lake,you would cross the middle of this slope. The drop-off is at the top of this slope.

The Snowman

Reaction score
I was just about THAT guy 4 years ago, I was in there for my second time only and we were on our way out in the dusk, I went cutting through the trees and came out at the ridge with speed, luckily i was just turning back at the time anyways and missed the drop by about 6 feet, I didnt even have an idea at the time what I did and how lucky I was until my buddy that knew the area caught up to me to warn me about the ridge when he saw me take off in that direction! we looked at the tracks and 4 years later I still get the shakes as I am typing this right now thinking about it!

I CAN NOT IMAGINE what that dude felt going over!!, And i would not want to see his drycleaner bill when he gets home!!:eek:

Shortcut

Reaction score
Rode there on saturday and sunday, cornice is getting LARGE!! Glad to hear he came out vertical. Sleds are easily replaced.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I am correct, as you come into the alpine, there is a ridge on the right, going east to west. I heard of someone flying off of that lip about 10 years ago. I believe there is a runout to the west of that that is also a challenge to get out..:eek: if not, chopper.

Yup, That's the one..

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am still not exacly sure where this is. I have heard Mileage and Chappell. We are heading out to Valemount in 2 weeks and were talking about Chappel and checking it out. We will have 3 very experienced riders and 3 not so experienced. The 3 experienced have never been to Chappell so unfamiliar with that area. Might stick with Clemina and Allan Cr.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok this is pic i found thats kinda close to were the drop is, looking at the pic it would be to the left or if your riding in the drop is to the right, hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_0019.jpg
    100_0019.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom