2022 Backcountry Set Up Help

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My buddy just picked up a 2022 Backcountry XRS, 850, 154"x2.5" track. I am not very familiar with Ski-Doos, so I thought maybe some people can help us out. We are headed to Vale, and would like some advice for the set up of the suspension and clutch clickers. It has the KYB Pro shocks that have 22 position compression and rebound settings, and threaded bodies. The spring preload cannot be backed off anymore than they are on the skis, because of some snap rings that stop the collars in the threads from factory. We set the compression and rebound to position 5 from soft as a starting point on all shocks. We measured the sag at 2-3/4", with him and his gear (he's about 210 with gear). He went for a little rip around Edmonton, and softened up the skis to setting 3 from soft.

Where should we have the compression and rebound set? Is what we did ok? Also, what should we do with the front track shock and the rear track shock? Should the torsion springs be adjusted? When we get to the mountains, how can we adjust some of the shocks and springs to make it more tippy/playful vs. climb better? And lastly, what the heck do we do with the clutch clickers? They are on setting 3 from the factory and I know it's supposed to run at 7800 rpm, but should we have different weights? BRP website says sea level calibration. Is that the clutch or the ECM or don't worry about it?

Thanks everyone for the help, as the manual was very vague and had little useful info for this machine.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clicker 3 on clutch should be good up top. As for suspension that depends on riding style and conditions. Seems like people seem to prefer setting differently but I generally set mine softer and make use of the suspension compared to stiff and only using half the suspension travel. I also find it rolls over easier that way. New sled to him with what you have done already I would leave and try. imo once there if wanting to play with suspension start with torsion springs for his weight and only do one adjustment at a time that way you will know if the change is for the better or worse. Try it the way you have it to start with

Top Bottom