Lilduke & kanedog do whistler.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVliYfpYGzI

Been exploring the Ice Cap since the early 90's. Its a must see for everyone for sure. Make it a trip, to ride on glacial ice for miles on end is life changing experience .
I'll be there with my son in the next 10 days.
Safe travels.
How you making out in the Saler, Keystone ,Goldstream challenge buddy? You holding your own?:biglaugh:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black Tusk

black tusk.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical ski hill. Less snow coverage than all the other areas you posted pics of. Why is it that way? Lol

Limited places you can build a Ski resort I suppose. That could be why sled skiing is so popular.

(thats not the whole ski hill BTW, just what fit in frame)

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How you making out in the Saler, Keystone ,Goldstream challenge buddy? You holding your own?:biglaugh:
HeYman 2 DaYs aT KeYsToned.. AwESoME pAwSoME .. Cabin is shoVeLLed ouT .. BRiLLANT RiDing .. MonDaY did SaLEd traiL iNN noT Bad ... Super suNNy .. LuV the SaLEd caBiN .. ShoveLLed the snow aWaY from the SPeCaTuLaR CabiN .. AnYhoo FoLKs SaLED is the place Ta go cause cabiN is iNN the BacK ..haVe courage and staY for eVeR YouNg .. CoME To ReVeLSToKE and sTaY aWHiLE and ZaLas jusT opened there ouTDooR PaTiO .. SuNNy and SHaDES go aLoNG waY and the vieW of whiTe caPs in ReVeLSToKE .. CaNT be BeaT !! beeP !! beeP !! O and HeYman MounT BiGBiE weLL iTs caLLeD thaT for a reason .. GoTs Ta coME see Those WHiTE CaPs FoRYouRSeLVes .. ReVeLSToKE appreciates YouR supporT !! KooLBeaNS zzZ P.S road from calgaRY to ReVeLSToKE was noT busY aT aLL .. FreshLeY paVed from radium to golden .. HoNK !! HoNK !!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke is always my #1 but I've rode there a couple times already, so nice to see some new terrain!

What's the road like from Revy to Alberta right now? Any major construction delays?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke is always my #1 but I've rode there a couple times already, so nice to see some new terrain!

What's the road like from Revy to Alberta right now? Any major construction delays?

While hanging around the coast you might want to try the Coquihalla, there are some good zones there.
Basically at the Coquihalla lakes you have Henning Mountain, great tree riding area and 10K which gets you into the alpine and some consider a lot more hardcore.
Both areas are steeper then Revy but not as vast with lots of snow imo.

BTW i have rode both these zones over the years

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's closed east of golden for a month, have to go around radium to castle mountain lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HeYman 2 DaYs aT KeYsToned.. AwESoME pAwSoME .. Cabin is shoVeLLed ouT .. BRiLLANT RiDing .. MonDaY did SaLEd traiL iNN noT Bad ... Super suNNy .. LuV the SaLEd caBiN .. ShoveLLed the snow aWaY from the SPeCaTuLaR CabiN .. AnYhoo FoLKs SaLED is the place Ta go cause cabiN is iNN the BacK ..haVe courage and staY for eVeR YouNg .. CoME To ReVeLSToKE and sTaY aWHiLE and ZaLas jusT opened there ouTDooR PaTiO .. SuNNy and SHaDES go aLoNG waY and the vieW of whiTe caPs in ReVeLSToKE .. CaNT be BeaT !! beeP !! beeP !! O and HeYman MounT BiGBiE weLL iTs caLLeD thaT for a reason .. GoTs Ta coME see Those WHiTE CaPs FoRYouRSeLVes .. ReVeLSToKE appreciates YouR supporT !! KooLBeaNS zzZ P.S road from calgaRY to ReVeLSToKE was noT busY aT aLL .. FreshLeY paVed from radium to golden .. HoNK !! HoNK !!
Zalas sucks Dave

Not what it was 5-10 years ago

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the new regulations it looks like unless you live in Revy you not sledding there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While hanging around the coast you might want to try the Coquihalla, there are some good zones there.
Basically at the Coquihalla lakes you have Henning Mountain, great tree riding area and 10K which gets you into the alpine and some consider a lot more hardcore.
Both areas are steeper then Revy but not as vast with lots of snow imo.

BTW i have rode both these zones over the years

Yeah coquihalla is on the checklist. Think they had the most.snow out of anywhere this year that I've seen

Also went up to mnt cheam, just in a truck to check out the trail in though. Going to try it out too.
:beer:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah coquihalla is on the checklist. Think they had the most.snow out of anywhere this year that I've seen

Also went up to mnt cheam, just in a truck to check out the trail in though. Going to try it out too.
:beer:
Yes they get an incredible amount of snow there, if your still around i would hit Mtn Baker after the border opens. Its another great area.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they get an incredible amount of snow there, if your still around i would hit Mtn Baker after the border opens. Its another great area.

Baker is on the list too haha :beer:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sledded Mtn Cheam years ago, like in the 80's. I don't remember the terrain but i do remember that there is a glacier up there because we messed around on it a few times with ice cleats put on the track LOL.
If its the same place?????
We staged out of Chilliwack not far from Chilliwack lake, getting old so the brain could be playing tricks on me lol..

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sledded Mtn Cheam years ago, like in the 80's. I don't remember the terrain but i do remember that there is a glacier up there because we messed around on it a few times with ice cleats put on the track LOL.

It looks good. A little bit closer to where I'm at than Whistler.

About 2hours to Whistler 90min to cheam.

I really like brandywine though, it's the kind of place I dream about.

Perfect terrain for the kind of riding I want to do.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks good. A little bit closer to where I'm at than Whistler.

About 2hours to Whistler 90min to cheam.

I really like brandywine though, it's the kind of place I dream about.

Perfect terrain for the kind of riding I want to do.

Ya its pretty hard to beat the icefields for sure.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its pretty hard to beat the icefields for sure.

The ice fields are pretty flat, but you get off to the mountains beside them and there is features every where, and hills are steep and perfect for landings.

If you like jumping it's the place to be.

Top Bottom