Lets talk pressure washers.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its time to get a real pressure washer for the acreage and equipment. I bought a cheap electric 1900psi low gpm stand up washer a few years ago and i hate it.

Im leaning towards a gas unit.

Been looking at some BE washer with honda.

Today i discovered yamaha makes washers too.
https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/power-equipment/pressure-washer/pw4040/PW-4040

Anybody got a favorite. Hoping to buy once, cry once.

Ive got some overtime coming up, so i can splurge abit.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha gas and been very happy with it, have had it for probably 5 years, its at the lake and use it for washing quads, now looking at a Hotsy and get some heat with it. Do that for about 4k. If thats out of reach then the gas Yamaha will do a good job for you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine from costco about 10 years ago has honda gas motor on it never had an issue with it.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a BE pump with Honda motor. Now 12 years old and still works fine. Doesn't get a ton of hours but it never gets any attention either. At some point I really should change the oil :)

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha from Costco, works good, gas tank is a little small and no throttle control ( it’s either full on or off), but all in all , I’m happy with it.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2800psi from Canadian tire years ago. It's got to be between 10 to 12 years old now.
Thing works awesome.
I've never used the soap for it.
Has a soap nozzle.
Yellow nozzle for delicates
Orange nozzle for normal run of the mill stuff.
Red nozzle for high pressure
And a giant red nozzle called turbo. That one will strip paint.

Typically I just use the orange nozzle. Washing mud and dirt of the lawn tractors. Side x side. Vehicles.

I'll use the red to take out wasp nests.

Being on an acerage. I wont use my well water either for this.
I have four 1000lt totes. To collect rain water in. Then run a booster pump to feed the pressure washer.

Works slick. And not worried about water consumption.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2800psi from Canadian tire years ago. It's got to be between 10 to 12 years old now.
Thing works awesome.
I've never used the soap for it.
Has a soap nozzle.
Yellow nozzle for delicates
Orange nozzle for normal run of the mill stuff.
Red nozzle for high pressure
And a giant red nozzle called turbo. That one will strip paint.

Typically I just use the orange nozzle. Washing mud and dirt of the lawn tractors. Side x side. Vehicles.

I'll use the red to take out wasp nests.

Being on an acerage. I wont use my well water either for this.
I have four 1000lt totes. To collect rain water in. Then run a booster pump to feed the pressure washer.

Works slick. And not worried about water consumption.

Have the same one I think. Similar vintage. Its getting a bit hard to start but I did change the oil for the first time last year. Pretty high hours too. Honestly no complaints for what I paid over 10 years ago

Reactions: RXN

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does a person need 4.0 gpm? The smaller Yamaha is 3000psi 2.8gpm and almost half price of its big brother

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you want to do with it. A 3 gpm is similar to a decent car wash. A 4 gpm is closer to a big truck wash. If you are washing tractors, trucks and trailers, pretty obvious choice. I have a 4 gpm and love it. The 3 gpm will be 5-7hp vs a 12 hp 4 gpm.
If portability/weight is a requirement the 3gpm is much nicer.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on how much you actually use it. I might use a pressure washer a few times a year, no sense to me to spend a fortune on one. I can live with spending a few more minutes washing something. I find the smaller one's still got good pressure it's just in a really small area instead of the fan like a car wash. If you're trying to wash paint, you need hot water and soap no replacement for that.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got me a 2550 psi ct pressure washer many moons ago it has 4 knozzels

getting hard to start put a water shut off between garden hose a pump makes for easier starting

the briggs and scrap iron burns oil and smokes

its wore out but still working

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karcher pressure washer, 5.5 Honda, 3000 psi, 5 nozzles, works great for what I need, 5-6 years old.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a cheap Canadian Tire pressure washer for years. It’s a pain to start, but always works. If I could buy one tomorrow, I’d buy a BE with a GX style Honda and a Triplex pump. Comes with solid rubber wheels and a 50’ hose. KMS tools has them on sale in their last flyer for $850.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and checked out the 3000psi yamaha. They have one in the wash bay so i got to hear how loud it is. Maybe pick it up tomorrow

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and checked out the 3000psi yamaha. They have one in the wash bay so i got to hear how loud it is. Maybe pick it up tomorrow

Check on how the soap injection works. I always hated the way mine was set up originally with having to run a low pressure nozzle to get soap... pia
I switched it over to a different style injector up stream of pump, the same as car washes use so now I can get soap at full pressure , low pressure whatever is needed.
Oh mines a Dewalt gas from Costco
I think it’s a 4400psi at 4ish gpm
Never run on full throttle unless washing oil off drive way from a ford!

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the 3000psi yamaha. Bought an extra 50ft of hose. The extra hose was the best investment. The washer is kinda cold blooded, needs a minute to warm up, other than that so far so good

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the wall mount electric pressure washer from Princess Auto? It runs on 220, was thinking of mounting it in my garage with hot water hooked up

Top Bottom