Lets talk about pressure washers. I need help

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On our trucks at we run pumps and pressure burners with cat pumps 660 or 3560. 660 is more than enough to dig with. The Hotsy is a finicky pos it never works. Landa seem to last good to in our wash bays.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchased many over the years, the last few have been the easy clean, fairly cheap and can run max pressure and heat all the time, take the odd o ring out of hand wond or coupler, but quick fix, uses all the power the Honda has and will peel paint off a new trailer, found that out recently.. first one from a Rb auction and second one from process auto, both put threw a lot of gallons and still in use today.. paid 2k when on sale at Christmas

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't deal with hotsy, they are con artists.
You will pay double what you need too.
There is a reason most commercial car washes don't use hotsy.

I have a big natural gas heated hotsy mounted in the shop.
($16k)

I have also had a easy clean diseal heater gas job.
($4.2k)

I got more flow and pressure for 1/2 the price of a equivalent hotsy.
Make sure you stay away from the lower end easy kleen stuff.
The commercial stuff is A+.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also running hot water through a washer not meant for it isn’t good and screws the seals .

Have mine hooked to the outdoor boiler 180° all day long no issues. Like I said, best 450 bucks I've ever spent at crappy tire

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought one years ago from crapy tire as well. You think they would be good because you see a Honda engine, but the problem is the Chinese pumps they put on them. Ours had little plastic pieces in the pump that didn’t last. Especially if you run the engine before having the water circulate. We learnt the hard way.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
It’s GPM that’s more important then the psi .

What he said GPM washes PSI peels decals off. Our industrial ones we use to wash semi trucks at around 8 GMP at 1900 psi cleans way better than my 4 GPM at 2900 psi

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just finished getting our new pressure washer setup installed at our shop. Its a Kärcher running natural gas, rated at 6.3gpm at 3200psi and its ridiculous what it will do. That being said, I've used a mobile diesel fired Kärcher in the past that did fairly well for heating the water and pressure, ran on 220V which was handy too (our new setup is 600V 3ph). The only downside was the diesel fumes in the shop. If you want a serious heated, pressure washer be prepared to spend some coin. We got our setup from pumps and pressure, they were pretty good to deal with and their install guy knows his stuff. Also if you can swing it, get a foamer, cuts down the wash time on our equipment by a lot.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought one years ago from crapy tire as well. You think they would be good because you see a Honda engine, but the problem is the Chinese pumps they put on them. Ours had little plastic pieces in the pump that didn’t last. Especially if you run the engine before having the water circulate. We learnt the hard way.

I thought it was a given for any pressure washer to turn on the water before the engine so the pump isn't dry? :confused:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cheap Canadian tire $250 unit that works fine for taking mud, grease, etc off of equipment. Don't waste my time with vehicles, always found it's more the soap and warm water needed then anything else. The fancy $1000 gas units seem to be a waste, don't seem to work any better and are just heavier.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You need 3 things; heat,good soap, and lots of water to make washing as easy as possible.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard horizontal boiler is better than vertical, more efficient any experience on that?

I have been looking at these as well just for simplicity as the wood stove connection works good but does take some set up
No idea.
I do know the natural gas unit is way cheaper to run than the diesel one.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to have a steamer type and an RO water system for it... couple buddies have done that their shops great way to go but $3000+

Top Bottom