Lets Talk Oil

salbendidi

Reaction score
just wondering what everone runs for oil, and how long?

i run ipone but its hard to find in alberta, thinking of turning to blue marble. what do you guys who run it pay for a jug and where do you get it?\

thanks

sleliuk1

Reaction score
I run amsoil interceptor in my M10, just started using it this year and i like it 10 times better than the arctic cat oil. Doesn't smoke like crazy and smells better too! Same price at about $45 a jug.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run brp mineral/semi/ full synthetic depending on the sled. cant complain other than some people dont like the smell. doesnt bother me :D its kept my motors in good shape for many miles

i can say that ive had a number of engines apart and anything running brp oils are always extremely clean while some other motors running different oils are always gummed up and very sticky. these werent quality oils by any means like amsoil but just the cheap junk you can buy at canadian tire etcetc

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know a good smelling oil LOL. i have a friend who gets extremely sick when he smells 2 stroke oil but loves to sled...sooooo :eek:

IPone "strawberry" smelling oil. my buddie used to run it and I sure loved following him, lol. same price at $45 a jug. it doesnt smell like strawberries but it does smell goood.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use co-op 's xls oil.. i have a buddy that has a 740 [ was a 670 ] mod motor with 7000miles on it.... and he has used that oil since the start... that says somethin...

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using Spectro full synthetic no issues so far and not a lot of smoke either.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know a good smelling oil LOL. i have a friend who gets extremely sick when he smells 2 stroke oil but loves to sled...sooooo :eek:

i have aditives for my mud rail to put in the alcohol makes it smell nice vanilla cinnamon popcorn would probably work for a sled also

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Motul oil for the last couple of years..........about $50 for 4L..........been happy with it.......smells a bit different

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had the same problem with Polaris Synthetic, switched to Castrol Mineral Oil after reading Indy Dans speel about synthetic oil. $20 a jug no problems so far with 3500 miles

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have aditives for my mud rail to put in the alcohol makes it smell nice vanilla cinnamon popcorn would probably work for a sled also

what he said sean^^^^ get your buddy some "fuel fragrances" (google search) and he be will good to go.

I run dominator in one sled and Shell advance mineral in the other. You don't want a clean motor, it means your oil is burning away almost completely and not leaving any protection. You also don't want a motor full of oil, but somewhere in between. not too gummy but not entirely clean either. Some protection but also not so much oil that its causing parasitic friction loss.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i use maxxim in my mod.. a castor based oil. seems to work ok.
and in the rev i have used blue marble and motomaster

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what everone runs for oil, and how long?

i run ipone but its hard to find in alberta, thinking of turning to blue marble. what do you guys who run it pay for a jug and where do you get it?\

thanks

1) Really this thread again? Every week it seems...........

2) Castrol from Walmart, about 4 bucks a liter.

Top Bottom