Lay Offs

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That light at the end of the tunnel is actually a train ....

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they said on to radio today that oil futures for 2022-2024 will be at or below 60.00, the government spending has to change now not later

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. I deal with agri futures daily and they can change very quickly as the "suits" on Wall Street/CBOT react based on the fresh news of the day. Most of them have no clue what wheat looks like or how oil comes out of the ground.

How old are you ? Lol
Nobody can tell what it's going to be that far out .
They can't get it right within 6 months .

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago the so called experts said the price could hit 2-300 a barrel due to shortage and no more big finds left.
With consumption increasing at that time "and still"and supply hitting its peak.
All smoke and mirrors . IMO

Herd is always running the wrong direction.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think we are just seeing the beginning. Longer term everything is going to be fine because the world is always going to need energy, but with storage capacity full and OPEC saying they are going to keep on pumping at the same rate......things arent turning around any time soon. My guess is another 2-3 years. Just a guess though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think we are just seeing the beginning. Longer term everything is going to be fine because the world is always going to need energy, but with storage capacity full and OPEC saying they are going to keep on pumping at the same rate......things arent turning around any time soon. My guess is another 2-3 years. Just a guess though.

I believe your correct,
I'm hoping Putin and Isis will cause enough of a stir to cause a bigger conflict overseas and speed up the oil price increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully exit 2016 north of $60. Oil hedges for 2016 in the low to mid $50"s. Natural Gas really sucks with BC (Stn 2) prices around $1.40 and AECO $2.25. With oil averaging in the mid $40"s for 2015, there is no room for a 2016 drilling program. Things (access to markets, and price) look much better for 2017 which means some activity late in 2016.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Labor rates are going to come down, welders will be working for $60.00 or less if this doesn't shape up

Reaction score

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless we get a pipeline to the Coast by 2019 Canada will loose the window and be unable to maintain any market share as long as our oil remains land locked.

If we want to see any kind of re bound so to speak in the 2020's Alberta needs to get on the NDP and Feds or we are in for a major if it isn't already bad enough. JS....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a great gesture!!! IMO no job is worth taking your life….. like the old saying goes "one door closes another opened".
It's not loosing the job. It's not being able to find one and loosing your home when your Govt won't cover you for EI etc after paying into it for 20 or 30 years but they hand out millions to countries or spend billions on refugees! What's wrong with this picture?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we allowed this to happen unfortunately. Governments have been running over our rights for years because we were too busy making money and ignored these regulations put into place without a fight. Truly sad!

It's not loosing the job. It's not being able to find one and loosing your home when your Govt won't cover you for EI etc after paying into it for 20 or 30 years but they hand out millions to countries or spend billions on refugees! What's wrong with this picture?

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying those rates are down? Pretty hard to feel for anyone making that when many families live on half that every year.

There are a lot of guys that have heavy payments and money invested in these trucks, at $85 I can make it work but at $60 I'd be money ahead to just go work by hand if I could find it

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we allowed this to happen unfortunately. Governments have been running over our rights for years because we were too busy making money and ignored these regulations put into place without a fight. Truly sad!
Well, now it's time for change.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Justin Trudeau is spending money faster than a drunken sailor, sooner or later we are going to have to cover this tab. The bad news for you is he is dumb enough to fall for Al Gores money making scheme. Alberta is singled out as the province that is causing all of canada's green house gases. Don't expect the young girls who voted him in to cut their showers shorter that 1/2hr or turn the heat down to 19. Now normally you can expect you premier to fight for you, but you guys "voted in" knot head. In a year or two from now things are going to be a lot worse......sorry to have to say it, but it is the truth. If Harper would have got voted in, things would be a lot different, but you wanted change ...now you have it. And like i said earlier that light at the end of the tunnel is really a train coming.

Top Bottom