Lay Offs

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
No dick head. I was a poor military guy that protected this country for peanuts of a paycheck!

Held guys in my arms dying! You, tell me

Have feed my family on kraft dinner and things I have hunted....For over 30 years and never asked for a thank you.

I still live within my means..... I was just fortunate that when I retired, I was able to sustain a job which I give dedication and appreciate every day!

I work for 23 an hour and appreciate it!

I think you are the entitled person and you should thank me for your freedom!

Once again, prove my point!

Have a nice night dick head!

By the way. Military doctors who go to university for years are only making 138k a year... what makes you so special/////

RIG and CONSTRUCTION university traning for 7 years....Yah right

My apoligees,,,,,, should not have called you a dick head......but i am tired of people whining and not helping themselves...
Once again, I am sorry for calling you a dick head!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like this guy. Too many cry babies out there with a hand out waiting for mom and dad to take care of them. Poor poor people. Pull up your socks and get some dirt under the nails.
No dick head. I was a poor military guy that protected this country for peanuts of a paycheck!

Have feed my family on kraft dinner and things I have hunted....For over 30 years and never asked for a thank you.

I still live within my means..... I was just fortunate that when I retired, I was able to sustain a job which I give dedication and appreciate every day!

By the way. Military doctors who go to university for years are only making 138k a year... what makes you so special/////

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, name calling, dick head? LMAO, that's pretty rough.
There are good hard working guys sitting through no fault of there own. If you think the loss of the number of job loss projected can be replaced by people looking harder or working for less, you don't really have a grasp on what's happening. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I agree there is some guys in the patch who should have been bagging groceries.
I wonder why you have to bring up being a vet though? My dad was PPCLI, never heard him once make a statement saying I should thank him for my freedom?
At any rate thanks for your service, even though you didn't ask for it.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Wow, name calling, dick head? LMAO, that's pretty rough.
There are good hard working guys sitting through no fault of there own. If you think the loss of the number of job loss projected can be replaced by people looking harder or working for less, you don't really have a grasp on what's happening. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I agree there is some guys in the patch who should have been bagging groceries.
I wonder why you have to bring up being a vet though? My dad was PPCLI, never heard him once make a statement saying I should thank him for my freedom?
At any rate thanks for your service, even though you didn't ask for it.

Thanks i appreciate that!
You started it by saying I was some plant guy...You must have a stable job and don't have to worry so far!
Why did I bring up being a vet? Because i worked for **** all. and never complained..You think grocery baggers cant make it?
You better read the wealthy barber! He is on dragons den!

What do you do?

How are you helping the workers in your division?

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You started it by saying I was some plant guy...

Cause your rant made you sound like some boss/worker in a plant justifying, or just content in the decision in laying off workers, and is proud as a peacock that it wasn't you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know guys this is the first time in 8yrs that I, the business owner, have had the upper hand. Yes some hard working , good people have lost their jobs. But most of the people I have had knew/ thought they were irreplaceable as short as a year ago. One told me so. I have layed off one guy. Do I regret it no, I wish I would have fired him so he couldn't collect ei. Trust me I hate the way things are right now. But I believe the guys that worked hard and planned their futures will be ok.
Most should stop feeling like they are owed something. Put your head down ass up and get back out there. Show someone why they can't afford to be without you rather then find money for you.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks i appriciate that!
You started it by saying I was some plant guy...

What do you do?

How are you helping the workers in your division?

I'm just a guy that fixes stuff that goes round and round and back and forth. Lost track of how many days on the road this year, north of 200 in camp or hotel. Decent money for a mechanic but it's at a cost, being in the military you can probably appreciate celebrating Christmas or similar in some ****hole country over the phone with your family. Not sure what you mean by helping workers in my division? There was five of us, one retired and the other is moving back to Europe. Just glad we should have enough work to carry us for the next year, head down ass up. Lots of guys looking for work with good skill sets, never been easier to be replaced.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yup,,, I am a hard worker and very content it wasn't me...

Work hard and get paid for your work

Have you ever taken your car in for an oil change and had grease or oil on your steering wheel? pretty pissed you are!
Complain to get it cleaned up!

Of course we have said don't worry about the mess. I paid for a service and I will clean it up later.. LOL

I bet not! What do you think our employers see and expect?

DRD? What do you expect from your employees?

Nobody is on a free for all now...... It is a dog eat dog world out there right now and you have to be the best you can be.

Sounds like you are safe for now and have a good future retirement set in sights...

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in...

I feel for you and no one is irreplaceable..

Dig in hard, lace up the boots tighter and you will succeed..

You know guys this is the first time in 8yrs that I, the business owner, have had the upper hand. Yes some hard working , good people have lost their jobs. But most of the people I have had knew/ thought they were irreplaceable as short as a year ago. One told me so. I have layed off one guy. Do I regret it no, I wish I would have fired him so he couldn't collect ei. Trust me I hate the way things are right now. But I believe the guys that worked hard and planned their futures will be ok.
Most should stop feeling like they are owed something. Put your head down ass up and get back out there. Show someone why they can't afford to be without you rather then find money for you.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Guys!
Get upset or just deal with it!
See what i mean?
Ever person has a choice and can come out ahead....Personal choices ...... you don't have to make a million dollars to be somebody .
As long as the family is taken care of and you have a little extra it is great.
We are trying to live our lives and each to there own....

There is always some one bigger or better,,,, its just nice when the small guy has the fix or recovery on the hill!!!!

Thank yous go a long way!

Just saying!

We are all special in our own way and should stop bitching and get along!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys!
Get upset or just deal with it!
See what i mean?
Ever person has a choice and can come out ahead....Personal choices ...... you don't have to make a million dollars to be somebody .
As long as the family is taken care of and you have a little extra it is great.
We are trying to live our lives and each to there own....

There is always some one bigger or better,,,, its just nice when the small guy has the fix or recovery on the hill!!!!

Thank yous go a long way!

Just saying!

We are all special in our own way and should stop bitching and get along!

Holy crap you folks!
You can blame government or whatever you want to.
The thread title is layoffs, not your opinion about how the election has affected everyone.
Job loses are not a provincial elected government but a world decision.
Too ****ing bad you lost your high paying job. Go find a job anywhere. Golf course cutting grass. Shovelling drive ways. ETC.
Get off the internet and move your ass and track down a job. Jobs are not just handed out because they have to fill numbers anymore.

If workers worked, they would still have a job.

People at Imperial still take 30-40 minute breaks and 50 minute or more lunches. There is no entitlement to these hours and they are being weeded out fast. Breaks are 15 min and lunchs 1/2 hour.

Workers crying that we fired them. But when you tell them why, they fired themselves, it is still our fault.

Follow the rules and procedures and stay employed.
Follow safety rules and stop saying they are bull**** or it takes up to much off their time...... Not to mention we pay them to complete and follow the rules.

The days of hand outs are over.

Whiners are gone also.

Too bad if there is a correction and people get what they asked for.

If it takes a reduction in pay to put food on the table, so be it.

If I have to sell toys or things that were not necessities, so be it.

Survival, food, and keeping a roof over the families head is the price to pay.

Just a rant I guess. tired of all the....I DESERVE THIS BECAUSE.......

You have the option; to change things you can, and let the things you cant change, to be set aside.

Gods speed to all, it is always not about the big bucks....

You mean bitching , Like this ?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you fools think you are going to be OK if you are a hard worker. You are living in prince charmings fairy tale... enjoy your new 5 billion dollar carbon tax that you are to dumb to know is coming.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more work in Alberta. Last person out, shut off the lights ok. You dumb chits! Haha JK Life will go on.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you fools think you are going to be OK if you are a hard worker. You are living in prince charmings fairy tale... enjoy your new 5 billion dollar carbon tax that you are to dumb to know is coming.

Whoa. Someones gotta pay for those refugees.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry guy i feel bad i was one of the ranters

First off thank you for your service... I have nothing but respect for guys like yourself... i love this country and honour our service men and women more then you could ever know or ill ever tell you the price my family has paid for this country... not my point... i have no idea what a military doctor makes.. .but thank you... yes doesn't seem right!!! but I always kinda figured that went with the schooling paid for in return for service for x numbers of years??? Not trying to be an ass just always figured it the way it was....

as far as your original post goes i don't feel like touching it because of your second post... but i don't think you get the point people are making... we are loosing a lot of high paying jobs that have other spin off to the economy... most oil workers i know have all left other industries to take advantage of this opportunity... they have invested in towns that had nothing when they moved in... they built communities and families there... now because most on the oil field are not your sit at home bums who make 150k doing nothing... they will loose their shirt on life's greatest investment.. their house! So I think you have to cut some people blowing steam... i can only imagine that is coming from some great deal of worry or pain of their own... they are hurting But they will find work somewhere else and start over again... its a tough thing to do as i am sure you will agree to that... so some ranting about a left wing rich spoiled kid spending away is gonna happen in website about lay offs because He is not helping bring things back... and in the end this will just cause more lay offs...

again thanks for your service and i have no idea what you do know for a living.. .but if guys are your plant are that stupid and lazy in today's world or at any time they deserve to be fired...I hope you don't just take opportunity to teach us a lesson... i hope you bring that message with you to work everyday.. you have so much world experience to share some of these young kids today have no idea what sacrifice or a 23 or 48 hour day feels like... or what going without a bath or food for days feels like... which brings me to another rant... wtf has gone on with this country when a company can't hire and fire who they want when they want!!!! Yes again i blame it on left wing politics that are everywhere... i can't wait for some stupid teacher (seems schools and universities puke this **** out) to try and brain wash my kids with those opinions... those are the same people who think singing the National Anthem everyday is a waste of time... i will fight for that too... i too have lost friends for what the song means!

in the end don't be offended no one was attacking you... and i suppose your right lots of lazy people out there expect to get the big buck for nothing but that because a lot of hard working people risked it all and busted their butts making AB's oil fields what they are... and imhop they have been the life blood of this country for 10 years... 30 percent of our countries income has come from the patch... where are we going to replace that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom