Fire / OHV Season 2023 Part II

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe We can attempt too keep this thread on track...

Try too focus on the Provincial and Western Canada Fire & OHV situation...

I suppose it could be open too cloud dusting,,, making clouds,,, space ships,,, water Buffalo...

All good,,, pretty much an open thread too all kinds of off track stuff...

*** It is Important too be respectful too others thoughts and feelings so this thread doesn't get punted. ***

So with that said I'll kick it off...

It is raining in our Red Deer and Area,,, pretty happy getting any kind of moisture concider-ing we got 2 days of mediocre forest fire smoke
20230516_180534.jpg

followed by a clear day on Thursday...
20230517_074404.jpg

Fingers crossed as there might be more rain showers in the next few days,,, hopefully enough too get some ohv areas open...

Pedal bike season is a go...
20230513_144831.jpg

20230513_142558.jpg

Have a great long weekend all,,, play safe and enjoy what We can...

Big shout out too the fire crews giving it there all...

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im Sundrey A.B. bound tommrow too check out some mtb trails along the Red Deer River,,, then Bragg Creek if there's no forest fire smoke down there...

Will definitely chime in if i encounter crappy air quality ...

Some of the folks on our pedal bike forum in the Mid USA got a chance too experience our Alberta forest fire smoke,,, its seems too be drifting aloooooong-ways East...

Warm temperatures and heavy air pressure seems too keep it bunched up...

She was some thick in our area Tuesday/ Wednesday ...

The lower Okanagan had some smoke roll threw,,, I'm not sure if it was Alberta or Northern BC

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The lower Okanagan had some smoke roll threw,,, I'm not sure if it was Alberta or Northern BC
The radar I looked at, it was northern BC smoke coming down Don. The other day, apparently, in the Shuswap it was a 7 out of 10 for health problems. I couldn’t even smell anything. The friggin’ Karen’s are ruling the country and it is pissing me off.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HWY 43 is closed because the fire jumped the hwy west of fox Creek. I was In Valleyview on Tues and stopped in to get my gear and service truck In fox Creek.
83d0a87ee76c6af18e2ed819356654cc.jpg

That’s the fire on Hwy 32 in Shiningbank.

68ec3bce1861e5558cb5f8c4068369d6.jpg

This detached garage only suffered melted siding.

6294bcdd616772e14f70ac9865096456.jpg

This house was IMO a miracle, the house was spared and all the vehicles and forest was burnt around it. Both pics taken on HWY 32 in the Shiningbank area.

I hope this thread stays on track this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leduc area has just a lot of thick smoke currently.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HWY 43 is closed because the fire jumped the hwy west of fox Creek. I was In Valleyview on Tues and stopped in to get my gear and service truck In fox Creek.
83d0a87ee76c6af18e2ed819356654cc.jpg

That’s the fire on Hwy 32 in Shiningbank.

68ec3bce1861e5558cb5f8c4068369d6.jpg

This detached garage only suffered melted siding.

6294bcdd616772e14f70ac9865096456.jpg

This house was IMO a miracle, the house was spared and all the vehicles and forest was burnt around it. Both pics taken on HWY 32 in the Shiningbank area.

I hope this thread stays on track this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the house on opposite side to east not so lucky.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A fair amount of ash falling on vehicles now. At my place on yellowhead and rr20 it was quite noticeable. I am working on a large urethane products manufacturing plant on the south side of Edmonton inspecting cleaned products outside and there is ash on them too. Not nearly as much as west but this is noticeable. Im sure further you travel northwest more you will find. The forecast is calling for rain for the coming which is going to be great for everything
IMG_0902.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fair amount of ash falling on vehicles now. At my place on yellowhead and rr20 it was quite noticeable. I am working on a large urethane products manufacturing plant on the south side of Edmonton inspecting cleaned products outside and there is ash on them too. Not nearly as much as west but this is noticeable. Im sure further you travel northwest more you will find. The forecast is calling for rain for the coming which is going to be great for everything
.View attachment 269069
View attachment 269070

We had burnt needles and ash on the vehicles this morning as well.

I’m currently sitting in a motel in whitecourt waiting for a call to go to work.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smoke was thick in Sundery and area...
Hope it dosen't hang around too long

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smoke was thick in Sundery and area...
Hope it dosen't hang around too long
it was real bad in Calgary yesterday, calling for some rain over the next couple days, hopefully fire area's see some of it?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang,,, We used it a few times back in the day...

Yes,,, the Peco Inn was on the Elk river road...

Super hand for logging,,, oil,,, and construction crews working in the area...

I hope they set up again on a future date,,, saves alot of committing driving back and forth out of Drayton Valley or Rocky Mountain House

We didn't notice how Smokey it was at Sundrey in the trees along the river for a mtb run,,, We headed into town too pick up a few supplies...

What an eye when we popped out into the open fields,,, holly mackerel,,, the smoke was so thick you couldn't even see the hills in the back ground...

I don't have breathing issues,,, but this has too be bad for those that do...

Be careful out there on this long weekend all

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spent most of a winter out there, riding a Doo, marking lines for seismic drilling program. Out towards dismal creek area, north of the Peco's! the sledding made the job fun, but the deep snow sucked for walking around. I remember the pics of the Grizzly taking down the moose? wasn't the worst place i stayed at, that honour went to swan hills!

Top Bottom