Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rolled over 1000km on my 18 mountain cat and my clutch looks perfect. Still in the original belt too which also looks perfect. The o my thing I’m not happy about is the latest ECU reflash but that’s for a different thread.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
16 belts in one season? Why on earth would you keep riding it? Were you doing the same thing every time expecting a different result? That's nuts! Either you or your dealer needed to get to the root cause long before 16 belts were put in it! lol
That year I couldn’t even thaw my sled out myself it was at the dealer every time I got home. change this brace that. Bla Bla. If your 850 is a belt spitter and extreme it will always be a belt spitter.
Took it to martins. Riderz. Mad motorsports. Specialty sled. Sled shed in revy. And a buddy who’s good with clutches. Team tied. Braced the motor. 5 clutch and gearing combos. It got a lot worse in the spring. Extreme belt temps. So I saved money and I just sat there and drank beer because I couldn’t afford a ride it. Lol. That’s a Sled I should’ve burned to the ground

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to reread the whole thread again, but I can’t recall if in all these exploded clutch pictures and references, was there mention if they were totally stock, or had modifications done?

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to reread the whole thread again, but I can’t recall if in all these exploded clutch pictures and references, was there mention if they were totally stock, or had modifications done?

If I recall correctly there have been a bit of both

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah full rpm and loaded to the max. Not the best place to happen either lol

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic cat should pay attention ! Can you say lawsuit ... if you can sue for coffee being too hot this should be a easy win the second some one gets hurt.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. I saw the pics but not the video. Pretty violent. What year was that sled and how many miles I wonder.

T-top

Reaction score
90173737a761347c29047895c027fe89.jpg

Top Bottom