Just completed PAL... need advice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy peasy tests. The instructor will practically guarantee you pass it. When doing the practical part always point the gun at his designated safe zone and not anyone else, prove it safe and take your time when handling the guns. You are not timed. Like someone said each guns action is different but our instructor let us play with them for 20 minutes before the test and answered any questions.Very enlightening course but most of the written is based on safety and common sense.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was just a day as well for both. When did it change ?
Like back in the 90's. It used to be one course and test for everything. Now it is a course for non restricted and one for restricted. I have heard of some instructors doing both in one day. Really there is no reason it can't be done in a day. There isn't that much info.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Easy peasy tests. The instructor will practically guarantee you pass it. When doing the practical part always point the gun at his designated safe zone and not anyone else, prove it safe and take your time when handling the guns. You are not timed. Like someone said each guns action is different but our instructor let us play with them for 20 minutes before the test and answered any questions.Very enlightening course but most of the written is based on safety and common sense.

This is what I wanted to hear. The instructor is a customer and "friend" of my business too, so maybe that'll help. It certainly helped me get in to the course sooner. He came by yesterday and told me to come this weekend. Schedule shows as booked up for the next 3 months. :D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will get 2 manuals to follow along with as well and jot down notes. The chapter summaries and anything highlighted is usually a test question. Have fun!

Reaction score
I got the books early and had every intention of going through them before the course..... never happened. Then I figured I'd just follow along in class, with my book(s). Also, never happened. I sat there and listened... I handled the guns during the allotted time... and I was nervous not having grown up with guns. In the end the tests were easy, and I did not need to even use the book(s). The only points I lost on the test were during the practical test(s) when you handle the guns. Each time I'd pick up the gun(s) my finger would instinctively migrate to the trigger. That's a no-no. Got me every time....... I still passed ..... anyone should be able to really. I knew nothing about guns.

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a derail, just have a question or two here.

I am signed up to do the CFSC AND CRFSC over the next week or so, and am wondering how hard you guys think the tests are. Is it mostly just common sense? I am not a retard at all, but have also never really handled any guns AT ALL, aside from a visit or two to the range. Tried out a Sig 9mm and a Glock. Went thru a whole 50 rounds maybe. Am I "psyching myself out" for nothing? I've read that there's a practical part to the exam where ACTS and PROVE are very important, but also the handling of guns. Will I learn how all these types of guns operate, etc? I wouldn't have the first clue (yet) as to how to even release the mag on a handgun or semi-auto rifle.
It easy. Go, pay attention in class and you'll do fine.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that video is awesome. I had to watch it a couple times. Love the accent too. Makes the video.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that video is awesome. I had to watch it a couple times. Love the accent too. Makes the video.

Yeah the guy is awesome. He's a super rare combination of put-on stereotype, awareness of the meta community of youtube gun videos, legit gun skills, and original video concepts. All his videos are worth watching.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the video that comes after that one. Uses a couple pistols and does a nice 100yd shot at the end.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like back in the 90's. It used to be one course and test for everything. Now it is a course for non restricted and one for restricted. I have heard of some instructors doing both in one day. Really there is no reason it can't be done in a day. There isn't that much info.

My instructor from last month finished our 8 hr class in 5 or so and offered the restricted class afterwards for another 2 hrs and another $50 I think it was.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Just got confirmation that my application has been processed and license has been issued. Should get it this week, I'd imagine. Stoked!! No calls to references or wife either.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just got confirmation that my application has been processed and license has been issued. Should get it this week, I'd imagine. Stoked!! No calls to references or wife either.

Same here.... they called one of my two references and not my wife.... they assured me FOR SURE they would contact my wife.... *shrug*

So, whatcha gonna buy? Here's a Cabela's draw to enter for a chance at a $2500 shopping spree. I'm hoping to win, to buy my gun.

Congrats.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
590A1 Tactical Tri Rail | Pump-Action Shotguns | Firearms | Hunting | Categories | Wholesale Sports

But I'm gonna do it up to look similar to this:
bb867c959d2c5bd2a97d5d7122fba2b0.jpg

8f86dff84a0a4265d725d68a76eb2945.jpg

Top Bottom