Just completed PAL... need advice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just non-restricted, sent it in just before remberance day. Got it yesterday
Thats around the time I sent mine in but I took the non and restricted courses. None of my references or my wife have been contacted yet either?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
None of our references were contacted either Ken, have you checked the RCMP status website?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats around the time I sent mine in but I took the non and restricted courses. None of my references or my wife have been contacted yet either?

That's seems odd. When I did mine 8 years ago with a group , all our references and spouses were contacted.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of our references were contacted either Ken, have you checked the RCMP status website?
I will look at that avenue. Thanks Tyler! I am surprised like pfi. My instructor said pick good references that will watch for there call as they will check for restricted.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I will look at that avenue. Thanks Tyler! I am surprised like pfi. My instructor said pick good references that will watch for there call as they will check for restricted.
That's possible. I think when I renew I'll get the restricted as well. No need for it at this time, but in 5 years, who knows!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gun dealer and my instructor both told me better sooner than later Tyler. Things are starting to slip sideways now with new government and pressure from anti gun lobbyists. In 5 years you may not be able to buy a semi auto rifle or handgun.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gun dealer and my instructor both told me better sooner than later Tyler. Things are starting to slip sideways now with new government and pressure from anti gun lobbyists. In 5 years you may not be able to buy a semi auto rifle or handgun.

I keep one of each in the safe just incase. Isn't this how the prohib thing happened? Guys got grandfathered into it?

Reaction score

Did you find that info online? Do you have a link to where I can check the status of mine? No rush on my part... and to my knowledge my references haven't been contacted yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep one of each in the safe just incase. Isn't this how the prohib thing happened? Guys got grandfathered into it?
Yeah thats what the instructor said J-Roc. He said now when you bring a prohibited weapon to the range people gave you "the look. Lol. He said semi auto's will probably be grandfathered in."

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find that info online? Do you have a link to where I can check the status of mine? No rush on my part... and to my knowledge my references haven't been contacted yet.
Haven't yet bud. Gonna try and look today. Had a quick look at the site last night but didn't have a chance to follow it through. TylerG posted a link on an earlier page of this thread.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How strict are they with applications and the course forms?
I looked at my photocopy of the course form and noticed the instructor dated the restricted form but not the non-restricted.
I'm hoping they see the date on one and assume it's for the other as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
How strict are they with applications and the course forms?
I looked at my photocopy of the course form and noticed the instructor dated the restricted form but not the non-restricted.
I'm hoping they see the date on one and assume it's for the other as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take this with a grain of salt... by my instructor made it seem like they would use ANY reason not to process the forms.... and then may not even contact you to let you know. They will wait for you to contact them after months of waiting. In the end their goal seems to be to make it as difficult as possible.

I am still in my cool-off period I think so I don't expect much to happen yet.

Last edited:

Reaction score

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I don't know how they could ban semi autos. Hundreds of people are in shooting competitions with them. I know it's possible but the chit would hit the fan IMO

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks... that's excellent.

Mine said:

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

WTF does that even mean lol. I'll check back in the new year. In progress??? uh huh lol
Mine said that and about a week or so later its in my hands...... Being is Christmas season times will be slower

Reaction score
Mine said that and about a week or so later its in my hands...... Being is Christmas season times will be slower

Awesome, thanks for that, it gives me a "baseline" to go by. I'm not in a huge rush as I'm broke after Christmas shopping lol. It only gives me more time to shop for my first gun. I am digging this one:

Top Bottom