Just completed PAL... need advice.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I continue to not shoot mine, I won't need to worry about parts. I did buy a big azz clip for it this summer.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, the only downfall is the bolt. Semi's are so much more fun.
Excellent rifle but Id get one as a second to the 10/22. 5 round bolt vs 30 round semi. .17 vs .22 cost of ammo. But again awesome rifle to have. I still don't have a .17 but maybe one day ill stumble across one

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but you have to have bolt guns in the safe too. Semi is great for plinking but when you want to reach out there bolt is fun and relaxing

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually when i go camping i have both my savage .22 bolt and my 10/22 as well as my high powered pellet gun. good combo when we can shoot

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of these would be fun ? Goof around fun. Completely useless.

f08439065d2ce1d3f65c2f71a30823ab.jpg

Cheap also .

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy to build. Still legal as its a semi auto. You should find the video and post it.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
semi's are fun to shoot, but if you want to learn how to shoot a bolt gun is the way to go. gets rid of that urge just to shoot again if you miss. tyler if you are up for a little drive i am more than willing to let you shoot my guns....i have a few. i have shot competetively at long range and allways like introducing new shooters to the sport. i have targets from 100 yards to 1 mile at my place, so the options are endless, you could shoot a few different rifles to see what you like and dont like before you spend your cash on one. of course winter isnt the best time for shooting, but come spring it is a nice way to spend an afternoon or even a weekend. hell we can shoot almost 800 yards off my deck without even having to put shoes on...lol. drop me a line if you are interested

Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's also important to not limit yourself to just bolt action or semi's. You must also have lever action and pump actions in the safe as well;), this giving you more options when you go out. My henry golden 22 is a blast, as well as a 1954 remington 121 pump which my father handed down to me. bought another I liked it so much. We won't even get into the high powers yet!!:nono:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's also important to not limit yourself to just bolt action or semi's. You must also have lever action and pump actions in the safe as well;), this giving you more options when you go out. My henry golden 22 is a blast, as well as a 1954 remington 121 pump which my father handed down to me. bought another I liked it so much. We won't even get into the high powers yet!!:nono:

I agree buy lots of guns.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
semi's are fun to shoot, but if you want to learn how to shoot a bolt gun is the way to go. gets rid of that urge just to shoot again if you miss. tyler if you are up for a little drive i am more than willing to let you shoot my guns....i have a few. i have shot competetively at long range and allways like introducing new shooters to the sport. i have targets from 100 yards to 1 mile at my place, so the options are endless, you could shoot a few different rifles to see what you like and dont like before you spend your cash on one. of course winter isnt the best time for shooting, but come spring it is a nice way to spend an afternoon or even a weekend. hell we can shoot almost 800 yards off my deck without even having to put shoes on...lol. drop me a line if you are interested
Thanks for the offer bingo, may take you up on that come spring time

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And buy the chiappa little badger for 175 dollars 22 or 22 magnum. The funnest 22 ever made, even the women like them. My ruger 10/22 take down with 3 spare clips just sits in the corner and never gets used, I have 4 other different brands of 22's as well. And a awesome 22 bellet gun that cost a small fortune.

Last edited:

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of great info here for ya, as a collector and enthusiast with more money in guns than my pickup haha I can tell ya it's an unhealthy but awsome addiction and the more research you do the better personally as far as hunting goes I prefer my 270's or 25-06 very reliable calibers good for anything we can legally shoot here, oh and if anyone comes across the theivin jackals jackasses that walked off with one of my small safes trying to sell 5 shottys 3 custom sks's and 4 rifles let me know

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom