Just completed PAL... need advice.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he did not miss anything and has called 4-5 times last week they told him he should have it by the end of the year
and said there was no reason that was holding it up
seems odd to me as they guy has never had any criminal charges or anything

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never tried the bushmaster xm-15. The Tar 21 is super accurate and never jambs. But who knows if Trudeau is going to banned these guns. One thing not covered here and I think it the most important is rings. I like one piece rings, you can get cheaper, reaper mounts for under 100.

Spuhr - SP-3616 30 mm Tube

Last edited:

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I updated my pol to a pal it timed out while I was waiting and by the time they got around to processing it 10 months had passed .
One time they are fast and the next time , well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is exactly what I'll be doing after 28 days....
I slacked. Did the course in April, then we just mailed the paperwork about 2 weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how long it is before I get my card back in the mail. This thread has been awesome for information as I too have never owned a fire arm and am just starting to get into it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get good target Ar's. That is not one of them. If you haven't been there yet join Canadiangunnutz. All the info you will ever need is there or if it isn't there someone can direct you to where there is. If you want to get into the long range stuff you can check out Snipershide. I took some courses from the guy that runs the site and learned a lot. Let me reach out there accurately. Here is a pic of my tikka build. Scope is a Nightforce 12-42x. I could see exactly where I hit before my spotter did @ 700M.

tikka.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, like Medler said, can't beat vortex warranty. you run it over they will replace it, and don't need a receipt.

You ever try to get warranty on there scopes? My brother bought one cause of that claim. Got Cabelas to install it so there would be not issues. Six months later the scope buggered up took it back and pretty much told him to bad they can't help him. He had to fight tooth and nail to get warranty. A guy at work same thing. There excuse was that that is a states only thing.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's b.s.. Cabela's fellas sold me on that on how great it was. That doesn't make me happy.
You ever try to get warranty on there scopes? My brother bought one cause of that claim. Got Cabelas to install it so there would be not issues. Six months later the scope buggered up took it back and pretty much told him to bad they can't help him. He had to fight tooth and nail to get warranty. A guy at work same thing. There excuse was that that is a states only thing.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's b.s.. Cabela's fellas sold me on that on how great it was. That doesn't make me happy.

I know that's why my brother bought it. He had a bushnel picked out but they told him about there warranty so he bought that.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have, Dropped my binos and broke the eye piece. I emailed Vortex directly and they told me to send it in, easy as pie.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the case with most optics?? Send it back to the manufacturer not the dealer? Or spend the money on a good scope and you don have to worry about dropping it.......:p

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI guys. When you buy a gun at bass pro they ask you to fill out a BATF form that they send to bass pro HQ in the states who presumably forwards it to the US government. If you refuse they may or may not sell you the gun. (Depending on manager on duty). This from a co-worker who works there part time. He also said he's seen the paperwork filled out afterwards by staff and forwarded without the customers knowledge. Not sure what that means in the long run but the fewer govt data bases I'm in the happier I am.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your gun is not shooting tight groups and you have a vortex scope on there.....change the dam scope get rid of it. Only one vortex I have seen that works and it is a 4 power 1700 dollar 3lb beast. Nightforce scopes?? I just am so narrow minded here, leupold and over 2000 dollars zeiss.

Reaction score
I slacked. Did the course in April, then we just mailed the paperwork about 2 weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how long it is before I get my card back in the mail. This thread has been awesome for information as I too have never owned a fire arm and am just starting to get into it.

Glad I'm not the only one......

Reaction score
You can get good target Ar's. That is not one of them. If you haven't been there yet join Canadiangunnutz. All the info you will ever need is there or if it isn't there someone can direct you to where there is. If you want to get into the long range stuff you can check out Snipershide. I took some courses from the guy that runs the site and learned a lot. Let me reach out there accurately. Here is a pic of my tikka build. Scope is a Nightforce 12-42x. I could see exactly where I hit before my spotter did @ 700M.

View attachment 191171

What did that setup cost you? Also, what's a good target AR then? Got a link / example?

Reaction score
Never tried the bushmaster xm-15. The Tar 21 is super accurate and never jambs. But who knows if Trudeau is going to banned these guns. One thing not covered here and I think it the most important is rings. I like one piece rings, you can get cheaper, reaper mounts for under 100.

Spuhr - SP-3616 30 mm Tube

You are now "over my head" lol....

Top Bottom