Just completed PAL... need advice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they could ban semi autos. Hundreds of people are in shooting competitions with them. I know it's possible but the chit would hit the fan IMO
Thats what the instructor told me the government is getting pressure to do Mike. Anyone already that has these guns would be grandfathered most likely just as they did back in the day with prohibited weapons. "Black" guns and handguns are the ones they want to target apparently.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from one of my references and he told me they called him this morning. Things are looking up!

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on good for you guys, i tell everyone i know to get their restricted cause sooner or later they are gonna make em impossible to get....legally. of course the criminals will always have them

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thats what the instructor told me the government is getting pressure to do Mike. Anyone already that has these guns would be grandfathered most likely just as they did back in the day with prohibited weapons. "Black" guns and handguns are the ones they want to target apparently.

I have heard it to but if it happens is another story , it would be a up roar There's lots more licensed gun owners out east as well.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd encourage anyone with a restricted license to spend $100 and buy a stripped lower AR receiver even if they don't plan on shooting one right away, they for sure will be on the list. A stripped lower will put you in that class for not much $$

Reaction score
Update:

So the PAL came in on Monday.... that wasn't nearly as bad as some others' experience. In any case I now have my PAL, and am looking to buy my first gun. I was going to head to the shop this weekend and see. I know what I like and it occurs to me, maybe some of you have gun(s) for sale that might be what I like... (what I like may not be exactly what you would suggest for me... that's okay).

I love the look of the tactical rifles.... I am honestly not sure of the proper term.. I've heard them be called "black guns", "AR Style" etc etc.... basically rifles with pistol grip and scope....

So, if any of you have something like that for sale (or anything for sale you think I might like) .... let me know... and maybe I can put some cash in your hand this weekend. (Calgary only though)

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the tar 21 is the gun for you, but pack papers with it showing it is legal. Be careful though, Trudeau has the guns your interested in on his radar.. been there done that before with Allen Rock.. a long story. Used guns, it is just a gun right? What can go wrong? Some times I wished I had taken a gun smith coarse. If your not concerned with hitting a dime at 100 yards just full sized car, there will not be a problem.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
l would go with 308 just for the availability and extent of this ammo out there

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my PAL right after the new Year. Was very surprised the RC's only checked one of my references and did not call my wife? Talked to my gun guy and he told me get your exotic first with the way Trudeau is talking. Got a Sig M400 Enhanced coming with 2 scopes. The shorty red dot and a 1x5 for distance on his recommendation. Joined 2 gun clubs and now waiting for the gun to get here. Super pumped! Mr. Medler did I pick a good gun?:cool:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RCMP will not care what you paid for them, they just confiscate them....it is what I calling stealing.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Got my PAL right after the new Year. Was very surprised the RC's only checked one of my references and did not call my wife? Talked to my gun guy and he told me get your exotic first with the way Trudeau is talking. Got a Sig M400 Enhanced coming with 2 scopes. The shorty red dot and a 1x5 for distance on his recommendation. Joined 2 gun clubs and now waiting for the gun to get here. Super pumped! Mr. Medler did I pick a good gun?:cool:

I think you'll be happy. Get some "fancy "mags and have some fun

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sig is a good name. Pricy but ya get what you pay for. And there's lots of guys who know more than I do

I held a $7000 MR 223 the other day. HK 416 look a like Was pretty slick.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Sorry if this is a derail, just have a question or two here.

I am signed up to do the CFSC AND CRFSC over the next week or so, and am wondering how hard you guys think the tests are. Is it mostly just common sense? I am not a retard at all, but have also never really handled any guns AT ALL, aside from a visit or two to the range. Tried out a Sig 9mm and a Glock. Went thru a whole 50 rounds maybe. Am I "psyching myself out" for nothing? I've read that there's a practical part to the exam where ACTS and PROVE are very important, but also the handling of guns. Will I learn how all these types of guns operate, etc? I wouldn't have the first clue (yet) as to how to even release the mag on a handgun or semi-auto rifle.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you take the course then you will pass the test...every gun is unique in its operation. emphasis is on safety, every time you put a gun down you have to verify that it is safe when you pick it up

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a derail, just have a question or two here.

I am signed up to do the CFSC AND CRFSC over the next week or so, and am wondering how hard you guys think the tests are. Is it mostly just common sense? I am not a retard at all, but have also never really handled any guns AT ALL, aside from a visit or two to the range. Tried out a Sig 9mm and a Glock. Went thru a whole 50 rounds maybe. Am I "psyching myself out" for nothing? I've read that there's a practical part to the exam where ACTS and PROVE are very important, but also the handling of guns. Will I learn how all these types of guns operate, etc? I wouldn't have the first clue (yet) as to how to even release the mag on a handgun or semi-auto rifle.

You will fine and don't sweat it. I grew up around lots off guns but others in the course not so much.
Instructor was great and made sure they understood .
You will be fine and enjoy the course.
Cheers

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes if you take the course the tests are pretty easy. I feel bad for you guys that have to take both. When I did mine I only had to do the one 8 hours course for both non and restricted. He told us that they were about to change that.

Top Bottom