Just completed PAL... need advice.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbour just bought a 45-70 can't wait to go camping and put some lead through that thing! X-treme that's a nice looking gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Reaction score
Love the lever actions. I have over a dozen of them, but none of the stainless and grey laminate.........yet. Wouldn't mind one of these in a 45/70 as well.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences..... for me a wooden (or fake wooden) gun is the last thing I want. Not sure why, but it reminds me of the old west, without the ability to shoot people in the street. I like the look of black/metal or if it has to be wood, at least be real good quality wood. I still want but it hasn't been in stock in Calgary since I started looking in November. I even emailed them and b!tched lol.... I may have to settle for:

I don't like it quite as much, and I'm not sure what caliber I'd get. /sigh lol

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are crazy to post those links in here. Someone may think you are wanting to be rambo or something!!;)
Those are some good looking firearms, and I would have a hard time deciding as well.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences..... for me a wooden (or fake wooden) gun is the last thing I want. Not sure why, but it reminds me of the old west, without the ability to shoot people in the street. I like the look of black/metal or if it has to be wood, at least be real good quality wood. I still want but it hasn't been in stock in Calgary since I started looking in November. I even emailed them and b!tched lol.... I may have to settle for:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is beautiful, for sure. Unfortunately, that means that we shouldn't be purchasing one. :(

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I buy them just to pizz those types off. Last time I checked Canada wasn't a communist country.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You are crazy to post those links in here. Someone may think you are wanting to be rambo or something!!;)
Those are some good looking firearms, and I would have a hard time deciding as well.

Nah, no Rambo here (joke understood)... I didn't even like most of the movies (1 was awesome) lol. I just want to have a few casuals beers with a life long buddy, and play Battleship. If I am ever shooting at anything living, it's purely for food, and the world has erupted in to total chaos. (Part of me can hope, right?) :)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might not be a good shot but I have lots of ammo
Nah, no Rambo here (joke understood)... I didn't even like most of the movies (1 was awesome) lol. I just want to have a few casuals beers with a life long buddy, and play Battleship. If I am ever shooting at anything living, it's purely for food, and the world has erupted in to total chaos. (Part of me can hope, right?) :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to the picture... if I messed up and didn't notice, or if it was removed. I'll try again.
71HIE8eNCDL._SL1000_.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to the picture... if I messed up and didn't notice, or if it was removed. I'll try again.

71HIE8eNCDL._SL1000_.jpg

Reaction score
Grrr this place is frustrating some days...... especially when using MS Edge :( Sorry about the double post. Whoever has the power, just delete one.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The stock you see on the pic of that 45-70 is not fake or cheap.
Its a cocobolo wood, in this case it's found only in South America.
Its the heart of the tree (centre) and it's very very hard and extremely expensive.
Look it up, it's not a laminate.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The stock you see on the pic of that 45-70 is not fake or cheap.
Its a cocobolo wood, in this case it's found only in South America.
Its the heart of the tree (centre) and it's very very hard and extremely expensive.
Look it up, it's not a laminate.
It's freaking beautiful too! I will definitely be looking for one.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird that your having issues. Ole chrome dome said the site was getting a major upgrade in February or March, I'm sure. Dale?

Yeah, it's still broken!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The M590A1 is definitely badass, They do have a firing pin issue but not all of them do. If you end up with one let me know and i can send you the upgrade to fix the issue. After the upgrade they can fire thousands of rounds with no problems.

You should consider a 45-70 guide rifle, it has far better bear stopping bone crunching power then a 12guage. Nice and compact, fun to shoot, has a certain cool appeal and can easily drop any large north american animal at over 100yrds, if needed. It will leave a big asss hole also.
Though it doesn't have that military black gun look, more the John Wayne....
You've really got me thinking that I might go with the Marlin 1895 SBL first.

Question...... how is the ammo to find? And is it ridiculously spendy?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 40.00 a box at Cabela's and never had an issue finding it. Usually use Hornady as well for most of my firearms.
You've really got me thinking that I might go with the Marlin 1895 SBL first.

Question...... how is the ammo to find? And is it ridiculously spendy?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I have found is you really have to shop around for ammo. I have seen 556 as low as .56 and as high as .79. Adds up when you start using a lot.

Top Bottom