joeys going rideing

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: joeys goning rideing

i work at timmies.

they expect an extra 10 mins of unpaid work every night , try and send you home early to save money , you dont get food free and only a 30% discount.

they never get anything out of me , i'm scheduled for 3 to 11 so thats what i'm workin' no one can make anybody work for free! yet they expect your absolute best everytime!!! i give my best but i dont let them push me around.

my rant over and its off to timmies:rolleyes:

ya wanna send me a x-large double double when you get there.:d
my sister used to work for the one in stony when she was still in school same thiong. late night shift was a bf/gf dou. they would show up when they felt like it. her shift is over at 11. one night its 1130 they still not there. i told her lets go. no i cant nobody here to cover for me. the manager is sitting in the resturant doing paperwork at this time. i told here he is here lets go. you aint gettin paid not your problem you dont own the place. he got a little pissy and said fine we will pay. told him its also she has school in the morning to. pouted a bit and said she could go. they showed up just as we were leaving 45 min late. he never said anything to them about that though.:confused::confused:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Head down, azz up if you ever want to get anywhere, even at Timmies...

If they want 10 extra minutes a night, give them 15 with a smile and you will be running the joint in no time...

The old 'I wont take crap' from my employer wont last very long in todays market, and in our industry you would already be looking for a new job LOL

I bet you are making $10+ an hour...reality is you are worth $7 or less, so trust me they are doing YOU the favor not the other way around. Be a good employee and you will ALWAYS be taken care of, even at Tims!

Good luck Joey, Im pretty sure you will make the right decisions, and if not, always try and learn from the bad ones.

i aint givin' them chit! thats $75 that doesn't go towards my sled every week.

i make 8.30/hour

tim hortons doesn't care about anybody but themselves , i gotta look out for myself not a multi million $ buisness.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
longhorns got it right there joe. head down azz up and work it. you gotta work alot of free hrs before you can successfully say f u and see ya tomorrow.
lots of us have put in many many freebie hrs to get where we are today. and will probably put in alot more before we are done.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
good employees are hard to find especially in the 15-23-ish year olds...

if you give that little bit of extra effort you will be rewarded because so few are willing to do so... The generation "Next" kids who are actually willing to put in the effort, and respect the work will have a huge advantage over the majority of thier peers....

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

if you give that little bit of extra effort you will be rewarded because so few are willing to do so... The generation "Next" kids who are actually willing to put in the effort, and respect the work will have a huge advantage over the majority of thier peers....

Couldnt have said that much better...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

i aint givin' them chit! thats $75 that doesn't go towards my sled every week.

i make 8.30/hour

tim hortons doesn't care about anybody but themselves , i gotta look out for myself not a multi million $ buisness.

that there is the common mentality...

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

makes sense , everyday i show up on time , work hard , treat people right.

that should be enough , the boss shouldn't need anything more to not fire me , that doesn't make sense

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
makes sense , everyday i show up on time , work hard , treat people right.

that should be enough , the boss shouldn't need anything more to not fire me , that doesn't make sense

He may not fire you, but you won't be first in line when a sweeter job opens up. It makes asking for a raise more challenging as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
my mom was offered a "sweeter job".....

Came with no extra pay.........just more responsability.

No point to that

ah, but then again, she would be in line for the next "sweeter job" which should pay more....... ;) she could also talk or reason with the employer, especially if there is more responsibility

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya, its funny, but sometimes you have to earn more money, its not always automatic with greater responsibility...

and if you don't accept the "greater responsibility" job, then you might become redundant in the employers eyes(as being complacent), and overlooked when the next "better" position becomes available......

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey heres a question not really related to the topic.........

but some dude came in yesterday and ordered 12 donuts , i got every one and packaged them for him , he went to pay with a timcard but our machine wouldn't put it through , not on that till , not on the other one not even on the drive through till , he said he should get his donuts free as its our system that didn't work and it wasn't his fault , should he get his free????

note that he got 1 free donut.........if it was up to me i would've given him four donuts free.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
but if you earn the responsability you should also earn the money that comes with it........

Sorry bud, but it doesnt always work that way...Sometimes you are given the responsibility to gauge your competence...You dont always earn more responibility, it is sometimes given, then if you do well at it, you EARN more money...

Top Bottom