joeys going rideing

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: joeys goning rideing

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
Summitric, BC Sno-Ghost, maxwell, EMANAARON, fatguy1, pipeliner72, rmk 800 144, Bugs, whspercreek log homes, the devils reject+

HMMMMM, BUSY THREAD........ ;)

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"apparently not enough to buy us each sleds"

That's cool you had a good day.

When I was 14 and started sledding i was rocking a 340 elan and it ditch banging got old fast so when I was 15 I went and logged pulling strawline and hooking chokers all summer while my friends hung out at the lake and goofed off. I then bought a brand new sled...it was a sweet 93 Phazer LT off the showroom floor. I was the ch!t though and it really kicked ass once I put a pipe and paddles on it.

That's pretty victim man. If you you really want it most all the labour industries are screaming for people in BC go get a job and buy your own sled. :beer:
He's sixteen and still has school to focus on. I know some pretty destitute people who quit school a few years back and went looking for that quick Northern fix to get the toys. Other labor industries are paying crap wages even to journeymen. School and part time work = better results in the long run.:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
Summitric, BC Sno-Ghost, maxwell, EMANAARON, fatguy1, pipeliner72, rmk 800 144, Bugs, whspercreek log homes, the devils reject+

HMMMMM, BUSY THREAD........ ;)

its a Joey thread what did you expect.:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He's sixteen and still has school to focus on. I know some pretty destitute people who quit school a few years back and went looking for that quick Northern fix to get the toys. Other labor industries are paying crap wages even to journeymen. School and part time work = better results in the long run.:beer:

yep i know a couple to quit school got the big payinfg alberta jobs bought toys got industry certification then moved back to bc ya cool im a journeyman i dont have alot of bills cause my alberta money paid everything cash now in bc living ei to work to ei checks as they keep getting the rotational lay offs at the lumber mills. both are mill wrights. wishin they would of stayed in school to learn more than just that.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Let's not discount the boat here... I see far more young ladies in bikinis on boats than on sleds.... Most of the time at least. :d

cloudy or not Joey.... you couldn't help but smile....

boatbabes.jpg

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

unless you work at tim hortons!:eek::rolleyes:

:dNo Kidding! It slays to see how some people treat the Tim's employees just because they haven't had their morning Java. Take advantage of the boat Joey!!! My best teen years were spent on the lake with "Friends".:d

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:dNo Kidding! It slays to see how some people treat the Tim's employees just because they haven't had their morning Java. Take advantage of the boat Joey!!! My best teen years were spent on the lake with "Friends".:d

i work at timmies.

they expect an extra 10 mins of unpaid work every night , try and send you home early to save money , you dont get food free and only a 30% discount.

they never get anything out of me , i'm scheduled for 3 to 11 so thats what i'm workin' no one can make anybody work for free! yet they expect your absolute best everytime!!! i give my best but i dont let them push me around.

my rant over and its off to timmies:rolleyes:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

i work at timmies.

they expect an extra 10 mins of unpaid work every night , try and send you home early to save money , you dont get food free and only a 30% discount.

they never get anything out of me , i'm scheduled for 3 to 11 so thats what i'm workin' no one can make anybody work for free! yet they expect your absolute best everytime!!! i give my best but i dont let them push me around.

my rant over and its off to timmies:rolleyes:

Head down, azz up if you ever want to get anywhere, even at Timmies...

If they want 10 extra minutes a night, give them 15 with a smile and you will be running the joint in no time...

The old 'I wont take crap' from my employer wont last very long in todays market, and in our industry you would already be looking for a new job LOL

I bet you are making $10+ an hour...reality is you are worth $7 or less, so trust me they are doing YOU the favor not the other way around. Be a good employee and you will ALWAYS be taken care of, even at Tims!

Good luck Joey, Im pretty sure you will make the right decisions, and if not, always try and learn from the bad ones.

Top Bottom