Westridge Family Loop

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I will be bringing the family out to the mountains for our now annual spring break sled trip. I am looking for info on the Westridge Family Loop trail ride. When I search this site, I see a few things about avalanches in Westridge. I am unfamiliar with this area and not sure if they are connected. Is it safe to take the family on a trail ride on the loop? Where is it accessed? We will probably ride Allen, maybe take a trip up to McBride, and then the family trail ride the morning before we head home. Any info on this family loop would be appreciated. The VARDA website is a little vague on this area/trail. Thanks.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The family loop is safe, up the forestry road then across a dam and back down through some single track trail. Nice little cabin up there as well.

Upper Westridge can be access from family loop so that would be the area you are reading about.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the KML file on the VARDA site. Shows the trail and loop nicely.

slysrepair

Reaction score
Our group is staying at the whisper creek rentals, south end of valemount. We would like to ride the west ridge area and are wondering if riding down the ditch, along the highway, to access this area is allowed. Now this would also have us driving the side streets to access the ditch. If its allowed great, if not that's fine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not legal but they won’t bother you just make sure you have your papers. Been doing it for 15 years. Send me your email address I can send you a better route than what your thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom