Introducing Mountain Sledder Snowmobile Magazine

goldenboys

Reaction score
Read this already! Awesome magazine! Is going to be a huge magazine. Nothing like it. All mountain. Lots of great articles. No boring cross country trail stuff. Can't wait to try out some of the tips!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next issue we need to see a Snow and Mud loggo somewhere. This is a good place to get some attention to your magazine FREE. Just saying. good magazine nice to see all the Western content as well as the pics of awesome terrian

nads

Reaction score
Next issue we need to see a Snow and Mud loggo somewhere. This is a good place to get some attention to your magazine FREE. Just saying. good magazine nice to see all the Western content as well as the pics of awesome terrian

Producing a magazine isn't free... there is a lot of time and money that go into putting it together. Not to mention paying photographers, writers and graphic designers. The only thing paying for production of this FREE magazine is ad space. I'm sure if you asked, they'd be able to give you a reasonable rate for advertising space in a magazine that is only going to gain in popularity and distribution numbers.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Producing a magazine isn't free... there is a lot of time and money that go into putting it together. Not to mention paying photographers, writers and graphic designers. The only thing paying for production of this FREE magazine is ad space. I'm sure if you asked, they'd be able to give you a reasonable rate for advertising space in a magazine that is only going to gain in popularity and distribution numbers.

Same here any idea how much it costs to run a website. We can both share FREE promotion in your magazine and here on our website. Partnerships or paid sponsorship are the way to go.

nads

Reaction score
Same here any idea how much it costs to run a website. We can both share FREE promotion in your magazine and here on our website. Partnerships or paid sponsorship are the way to go.

Do you ask for free advertisements from every sled movie that is talked about on the forum here too? At least the sled movies charge for their product.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you ask for free advertisements from every sled movie that is talked about on the forum here too? At least the sled movies charge for their product.

Jeeezzusssss. Drop it they each have something to offer to benefit one another. Why does this upset you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

We set up promotion partnerships with a few Movie makers as you may see if you look at the site here. Thunderstruck and the Sled Betties are the main movies we help support because they support us.
Before we go head to head here why dont you look at what you are doing on this site and wonder what the readers HERE are thinking right now. WE allowed you to promote your FREE to readers magazine here on our free site. All we suggested was maybe a loggo in your next issue. Sounds like a fair partnership correct?
Thanks for joining here just to promote your magazine. Enjoy

MountainSledder

Reaction score
Website
www.sleddermag.com
We set up promotion partnerships with a few Movie makers as you may see if you look at the site here. Thunderstruck and the Sled Betties are the main movies we help support because they support us.
Before we go head to head here why dont you look at what you are doing on this site and wonder what the readers HERE are thinking right now. WE allowed you to promote your FREE to readers magazine here on our free site. All we suggested was maybe a loggo in your next issue. Sounds like a fair partnership correct?

Hey everyone, let's chill this conversation between people that are NOT the magazine and the snow and mud moderators. Perhaps it would help if we, Mountain Sledder, are actually involved in the conversation. Those who are speaking on behalf of us, thanks for the concern but we should be able to sort our own things out, and would prefer this sort of negotiation is done a different way than on a public forum. Snowandmud, thanks for making us sticky. I did actually try and contact Ron on several occasions including by e-mail and phone to talk about cross marketing, etc. Please PM us, call us, or email us at sales@sleddermag.com to talk about these topics. To everyone on snowandmud (users, moderators, etc) a huge thanks to the great support that you have shown to our publication thus far. We are glad that you are enjoying it.

nads

Reaction score

Wow, this is just full of mis-information. First off, I've been a member here well before Mountain Sledder Magazine ever came to fruition (June 2010). Secondly, it's not MY magazine. I'm a photographer, athlete and writer. Other than freelance work, I have nothing to do with advertising or promotions for the magazine. I'm not speaking for them, but thank you for making that assumption.

SledBetties and Thunderstruck SELL their DVD's. Mountain Sledder magazine does NOT sell their magazine. They sell advertising space. If they gave away advertising space for "partnerships" or exchanges, the magazine would not exist. Everyone wants something for free, but unfortunately that's not how the world works. They have to pay their staff, their editor, graphic designer, photographers, writers, and printing costs. Making a magazine is infitinely more expensive than running a forum.

I will say this, the magazine has a circulation in the thousands, and goes out to every dealer in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. The online issue has had close to 30,000 views, with the hard copy distribution probably close to 60,000.

The thread on here has had 1,000 views. Do you honestly think 90,000 views of a magazine vs. 1,000 views on a forum is comparable or equal at all? The math doesn't add up. Then again, it's not my decision and I have nothing to do with that call.

Also, there are other movies and things being promoted on here. You mentioned two movies that you have partnerships with, but there are MANY more movies being talked about on this site. Do you demand partnerships from Slednecks if there is a post about the movie on here? or 509? Or ski-doo if someone posts about their sleds?

This magazine is trying to promote the sport, and deliver a high quality product. Unfortunately it has a cost and people have to put food on the table. Last I checked forums charged for advertising on sidebars and didn't charge people based on what they were posting about. Every sled forum out there discusses movies, magazines, articles and video edits.

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, let's chill this conversation between people that are NOT the magazine and the snow and mud moderators. Perhaps it would help if we, Mountain Sledder, are actually involved in the conversation. Those who are speaking on behalf of us, thanks for the concern but we should be able to sort our own things out, and would prefer this sort of negotiation is done a different way than on a public forum. Snowandmud, thanks for making us sticky. I did actually try and contact Ron on several occasions including by e-mail and phone to talk about cross marketing, etc. Please PM us, call us, or email us at sales@sleddermag.com to talk about these topics. To everyone on snowandmud (users, moderators, etc) a huge thanks to the great support that you have shown to our publication thus far. We are glad that you are enjoying it.

Wow, this is just full of mis-information. First off, I've been a member here well before Mountain Sledder Magazine ever came to fruition (June 2010). Secondly, it's not MY magazine. I'm a photographer, athlete and writer. Other than freelance work, I have nothing to do with advertising or promotions for the magazine. I'm not speaking for them, but thank you for making that assumption.

SledBetties and Thunderstruck SELL their DVD's. Mountain Sledder magazine does NOT sell their magazine. They sell advertising space. If they gave away advertising space for "partnerships" or exchanges, the magazine would not exist. Everyone wants something for free, but unfortunately that's not how the world works. They have to pay their staff, their editor, graphic designer, photographers, writers, and printing costs. Making a magazine is infitinely more expensive than running a forum.

I will say this, the magazine has a circulation in the thousands, and goes out to every dealer in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. The online issue has had close to 30,000 views, with the hard copy distribution probably close to 60,000.

The thread on here has had 1,000 views. Do you honestly think 90,000 views of a magazine vs. 1,000 views on a forum is comparable or equal at all? The math doesn't add up. Then again, it's not my decision and I have nothing to do with that call.

Also, there are other movies and things being promoted on here. You mentioned two movies that you have partnerships with, but there are MANY more movies being talked about on this site. Do you demand partnerships from Slednecks if there is a post about the movie on here? or 509? Or ski-doo if someone posts about their sleds?

This magazine is trying to promote the sport, and deliver a high quality product. Unfortunately it has a cost and people have to put food on the table. Last I checked forums charged for advertising on sidebars and didn't charge people based on what they were posting about. Every sled forum out there discusses movies, magazines, articles and video edits.

prehaps you should read what MountainSledder, who is actually with the mag. says, and let them sort their stuff out as they, according to their post are interested in cross marketing........just sayin

Top Bottom