Insurance Costs

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe so but thats sounds like BS for full coverage. I got PL & PD is just under a hundred for each sled. I pay $92.00 for my wifes 1999 Polaris 500. Unless your insuring a 1965 sled

99 summit x, 03 polaris rmk 800, and the sons 91 exciter.
we get good ins rates. both the wife and i have clean records for 10 yrs + now. i have guys in my shop that pay more for 1 mth pl and pd on their units than i pay for full coverage on our pick up , van, boat, and qaud,:eek:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get an online quote from TD at:

Most insurance companies will not let you get fire/theft insurance without having liability insurace as well.:mad:

Liability + fire/theft will probably be about $100. Collision insurance will cost you signficantly more and depends on the value of the sled and your age.

For my 2009 sled I would pay about $200 for liability and fire/theft, plus $200 for collision insurance (can't remember the deductable). That is with no tickets, accidents, or claims ever. I don't insure with TD but their rates are in the ballpark (atleast for liability and fire/theft).

I tried to get a quote from this TD web site but as soon as I put a BC postal code they said I need to call as this service is not available from this area. I have never bought sled insurance here in BC as I have been told it is $600.00 plus. However, I think I had better get insurance after seeing my cousin left with out a sled when they stole truck and sled last winter. Truck was insured but sled wasn't. Anyone know of cheaper insurance here in BC?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooperators were going to rewrite all my sleds a few years back due to my riding in the mountains. I cancelled all my policies with them and now I am with wawanesa. I know for my boosted sled there are only a few agencies that will insure for full coverage and you pay through the nose.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most insurance companies will not let you get fire/theft insurance without having liability insurace as well.:mad:

Liability + fire/theft will probably be about $100. Collision insurance will cost you signficantly more and depends on the value of the sled and your age.

For my 2009 sled I would pay about $200 for liability and fire/theft, plus $200 for collision insurance (can't remember the deductable). That is with no tickets, accidents, or claims ever. I don't insure with TD but their rates are in the ballpark (atleast for liability and fire/theft).

I just went on there and did a quote it was 1117 a year for my 09 M8. WOW that is very high i pay 600 a year right now

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My insurance went up $15 bucks a month for my 2003 Summit 800, but i'm pretty sure that was from now till august, With full coverage.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to get a quote from this TD web site but as soon as I put a BC postal code they said I need to call as this service is not available from this area. I have never bought sled insurance here in BC as I have been told it is $600.00 plus. However, I think I had better get insurance after seeing my cousin left with out a sled when they stole truck and sled last winter. Truck was insured but sled wasn't. Anyone know of cheaper insurance here in BC?

Check the Capri Insuranace web site to get a quik on line quote. I paid about $700 for both my 04 800($4500) Rev and my 07 600($5000) Rev. That's with the club membership discount and immobilizer discount. All Perils. Not as cheap as Alberta but not $600 per sled.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay $460 per year through co operators. Sled is appraised and insured for $30,000. This is for full coverage including collision and they know it's boosted. We do have 31 vehicles insured through them, don't know if this help but based on other peoples boosted sled experiencies I would say it does

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

through either provincial club you will also get discounts on your insurance from belonging to them.

It pays to join a club

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 670 is mine in a couple weeks!!!!! Yay!!! With that being said, I would like to get some insurance for it so i can go out riding with my buddies. It is 97 Summit 670 and i want to only get the basics. Being just theft and fire coverage. Does anybody know how much that would cost me? I came up with an estimate of around 250 a year? Is this relatively in the same ball park?

not sure how much difference age makes, but i'm 24 i pay 330 with full coverage on my summit, and it was 230 for theft and fire and liability. i know when i insured my other summit when i was 20 a few years back it was 290 for the lesser coverage.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went on there and did a quote it was 1117 a year for my 09 M8. WOW that is very high i pay 600 a year right now

Mine too. I pay $420 now for my nytro, but the qoute today is over $900 now. Looks like big increases in collision insuraces for sleds. If you take the collison off it will drop to $200. I tried for my quads and the rate came back $240 which is close to what I pay now.

I hope this doesn't translate into a rate increase when my policy renews next year.:confused:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For both our sleds one a 01 mxz and 2010 backcountry pl,pd,fire and van theft came to 238 plus replacement on the 2010 for$35 more that threw Dryden

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Check the Capri Insuranace web site to get a quik on line quote. I paid about $700 for both my 04 800($4500) Rev and my 07 600($5000) Rev. That's with the club membership discount and immobilizer discount. All Perils. Not as cheap as Alberta but not $600 per sled.

I will check them out! Tks for the info

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They want 625 for both my sleds 06 rev and an 09 everest. I told them they better dig a little harder or I am moving company's. Their looking into it.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, the insurance will be pretty affordable. I just want the basics. Im just going to be riding through feilds and nothing rough and tough, just a riding machine.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure how much difference age makes, but i'm 24 i pay 330 with full coverage on my summit, and it was 230 for theft and fire and liability. i know when i insured my other summit when i was 20 a few years back it was 290 for the lesser coverage.

Im 16 and insuring it through my parnets, but im paying for all of the insurance myself.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, the insurance will be pretty affordable. I just want the basics. Im just going to be riding through feilds and nothing rough and tough, just a riding machine.

There is a BIG difference between riding in the mountains and riding on flat ground. Check your policies about riding abroad, I was told that mountain riders about a few years back were going to have to pay more for all aperils due to mountains claims on sleds rising. I would have to pay 700 bucks through wawanesa for my 2011 Pro and through the TD website portal posted earlier it would be $1200/year. Mountain classed sleds will trigger the higher insurance, and from what I know is that if you have a mountain sled insured for flat riding which is cheaper you won't be covered in the mountains.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep 007s is right.
we were also told standard life ins. is void if you die in an avy as mountain sledding is an extreme sport:eek: so all standard policies ar null and void. its in the small print. fuggers.
i qouted ealier that we were around 100 bucks per for 3 sleds with full on my 99 summit and the wifes 03 rmk and the sons pl and pd. i got TOLD i was wrong by the wife. we pay 130 for each of the newer ones and 80 for the sons.
if you shop around you can get it down to 75.00pr yr but coverage is f alll and it is pretty much just good enough so you can get registration she told me.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a BIG difference between riding in the mountains and riding on flat ground. Check your policies about riding abroad, I was told that mountain riders about a few years back were going to have to pay more for all aperils due to mountains claims on sleds rising. I would have to pay 700 bucks through wawanesa for my 2011 Pro and through the TD website portal posted earlier it would be $1200/year. Mountain classed sleds will trigger the higher insurance, and from what I know is that if you have a mountain sled insured for flat riding which is cheaper you won't be covered in the mountains.

Riding Abroad refers to overseas.
The standard SPF1 covers you in Canada and the continental US. (Google it and you can read coverage or go pick up a copy where you buy your auto insurance)
Coverage has nothing to do with Mtn's vs Flat, you are rated on your driving record and the CC's of the sled. Many Co's don't want the ATV markets and their premiums reflect that.

You will also see an SEF19 endorsed to your policy and that sets the max limit they will pay out on your sled if a T/L or stolen so watch your mod's and change you limits accordingly.

My '11 Pro is $704 through Aviva but gives me a Replacement Cost endorsement for 24mos. Saved my son and I over $5G last year when some pr**ks decided they wanted our sleds more than we did.
Same $500 Coll, $250 Comp through the Co-op is $424, w/o the Replacement endorsement. So for $600 over 2 yrs, I pay the $700 and know I get my sticker price back, not ACV if I T/L my sled.

Top Bottom