Ideas on how to collect payment from a dead beat customer...

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some work for a customer for about $700.00 and now they won't pay. Have been calling, going to their house, leaving messages etc. for two weeks with no response. They did give me two checks, three weeks ago, one bounced and I never tried to cash the other but did go to their bank today to try verify funds and the checks are written on an account that has been closed. Not sure if it was closed when the checks were written or not.

Anyone else have to deal with the same bullch!t? Not sure which is the best step to take next......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bill collector will help for a percentage of the debt or small claims court. Not sure of any other options.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just being the devils advocate here.......You didnt do crappy work did you??? :beer: I am just kidding. Unless you did then I mean it. :beer: <<<<< means I am kidding......

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of work did you do for him?

Sent while not working too hard

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did property maintenance for for them, mowing, fertilizing, weed control etc. The work was done any there were no complaints. Hard to undo unless I put 5 or 600 lbs of grass clippings on her driveway! I am going to try find out if the account was closed when she wrote the cheques, if so I will contact the police and they can make her life hell for a while.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did property maintenance for for them, mowing, fertilizing, weed control etc. The work was done any there were no complaints. Hard to undo unless I put 5 or 600 lbs of grass clippings on her driveway! I am going to try find out if the account was closed when she wrote the cheques, if so I will contact the police and they can make her life hell for a while.

Well you could always get a couple drums of weed killer and pour it all over their lawn, or go bust some knee caps with a baseball bat like they used to do in the olden days

Sent from a iPhone

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you could always get a couple drums of weed killer and pour it all over their lawn, or go bust some knee caps with a baseball bat like they used to do in the olden days

Sent from a iPhone

get a 20 l jerry can of deisel,, write cheap a-hole in his lawn..it'll b quite noticable for a while

There are lots of ideas floating around my head along the same lines but we will try go the legal way.............first!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I use Metropolitan Credit Adjusters .... 780-423-2231. They do good work but it will cost you 30%. At the very least you hurt the deadbeats credit rating.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a 20 l jerry can of deisel,, write cheap a-hole in his lawn..it'll b quite noticable for a while

Ya, that would work, I know as my brother used his zero turn mower on the lowest setting, to mow something rude in my driveway hillside lawn, the day before a family reunion/party I was hosting, showed up for weeks. took a few rums to get over it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, that would work, I know as my brother used his zero turn mower on the lowest setting, to mow something rude in my driveway hillside lawn, the day before a family reunion/party I was hosting, showed up for weeks. took a few rums to get over it.
So what did he write?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i get bounced checks all the time usually an accident but when the peope jsut dont pay i take it to the cops .. its fraud if you knowingly right a check for money you dont have.... dont give up on the phone calls and visits stop in everyday if you can and eventually they will get you your money

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a truck with a dump trailer?
Do you know where the nearest feedlot is?

A couple thousand pounds of ch!t on his front lawn will not only kill his grass in no time, will give off a smell like no other.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep bugging them, and just be a pain. Write to them with a registered letter an mail it to them. Or for a couple of hundred, you can as a last ditch effort, get a lawyer to write one up. That usually gets them to react.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i friend of mine got his trans flushed at canadain tire, he needed a new hose, so he made one and gave it to them to install. he got his bill with a charge for a transmission hose. he argued with them, the manager and they wouldnt remove it from the bill. He paid it then looked at the phone, how much does that multi line phone cost? probably close to the hose right? grabbed it and smashed it on the ground and walked out.

my wifes uncle, a guy owed him money on work done to this truck, he wouldnt pay her uncle, one day he stole the truck the police showed up to his buisness. he showed him the guy owed him as much money as what the truck would be to sell.... not sure on the outcome but her uncle is not in jail.

i say take it in to your own hands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom