Ideas on how to collect payment from a dead beat customer...

marshalldemp

Reaction score
I'm still going through something similar. Cops did nothing! It been just over a year now two court dates and one hell of a headache. I would go with the Jerry of diesel and at least have some fun out of it

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned...bug the piss out of him. Find out where he works and call asking who ever answers the phone if you can talk to the guy that stiffed ya.

This is what bill collectors do. They go to there place of business or an event they are at and hound them in front of all the co workers or guests. Emabarrasses the hell out of them and is a very effective way of getting your money back.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why dont you lean the house?? Thast what we do when we have costumers that dont pay

I am going to look into this as well. I have a buddy that does granite in new houses and says people pay super fast when there is a lean on the house and they can't take possession.

She also owns her own "couples counselling" business, looks like it time to get everyone I know to start booking appointments.

I left her a message saying if I didn't hear from her I would just keep trying every 10 mins or so until I got her. I called about 30 times one day, thats got to get a little annoying and embarrassing if your around people.

Last edited:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just write it off and move on, some times it costs more to collect and is not worth the aggravation imo

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just write it off and move on, some times it costs more to collect and is not worth the aggravation imo

That thought crossed my mind as well but turns out I'm to stubborn! Winter is coming and I will have more time on my hands to wear her down. My wife says I am good at annoying her on a daily basis so I guess I will see how good I can get.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find her/him on facebook and pester away.........

Good bag of fertalizer and write deadbeat on the lawn, wait till spring for a nice reminder.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep pestering them, they will eventually get tired of the calls. If the bill is over 45 days you cannot lean the property and/or maybe they are renters or have no plans on moving any time soon so a lean can be useless. I've run my own business for thirty + years and pestering is the best method. (FYI, women are usually better at "dialling for dollars" than men, they can be very nasty!!! lol) I had one client that owed me $1900.00 for about 14 months, I found the a-holes favorite watering hole, had payment the next day.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you want the money or do you want some sort of revenge. Mess up the yard and you won't see a dime, guaranteed. You have, I believe, 40 days from the completion of the job to put on a lien. I know a guy that automatically lien every customer unless they pay when he delivers the bill. Talk to the cops about a fraud charge, often a phone call from the police is all it takes.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you want the money or do you want some sort of revenge. Mess up the yard and you won't see a dime, guaranteed. You have, I believe, 40 days from the completion of the job to put on a lien. I know a guy that automatically lien every customer unless they pay when he delivers the bill. Talk to the cops about a fraud charge, often a phone call from the police is all it takes.

I would like to get the money so I will try to do things on the up and up. As much fun as it would be to mess things up for her.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all else fails post her number on here and we will have a call-a-thon. Has been very effective on other forums.

Now theres an idea, make sure it is her business #, I would be more than happy to call on your behalf, as she sure as hell will block your # before long!!

Top Bottom