How did we survive, when younger????????????

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
i agree there is no RESPECT from any of the kids anymore.. and if you instill it in your children, they see how the others kids are, and it goes out the window

Some of my friends that I grew up with I still call their parents Mr. and MRS. and I'm in my....gulp....40's

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for your mom and great for you. I will even go as far a dial the # for them

i did that ONCE with my mom! she said go ahead, your gonna need them by the time they get here!!!! never did that crap again! i remember calling my mom a biatch one time when i was about 12. we were arguing, and my dad stayed out of it as usual, and i said whatever biatch!!! out of the corner of my eye i see the old man stand up, and i was gone, down the stairs and locked myself into the bathroom(note, locked bathrooms doors DO NOT stand up to a man putting his foot thru them). dad busts open the door, grabs me by the face and slams me into the wall. he then proceeds to tell me that if i EVER call my mother a biatch again, i will not live to see the next day!!!!!!!! again, never did that crap EVER again!!!!!!!!! we laugh about it now too!

Some of my friends that I grew up with I still call their parents Mr. and MRS. and I'm in my....gulp....40's
i do the same with almost all of my friends parents! they keep telling me to call them robert or mary etc, and i say you bet mr/mrs so so and so!!!!!!!

that is called R E S P E C T
i think kids need to have a healthy fear of their parents. not like they think they are gonna beat all the time for spilling a glass of water or something, but back talk or call me/their mother or people in gerenal names, steal, that kinda crap, they need to fear what the PARENTS will do to them, not the law!!!!!!!!!!! a healthy respect!!!!!!!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

i think kids need to have a healthy fear of their parents. Not like they think they are gonna beat all the time for spilling a glass of water or something, but back talk or call me/their mother or people in gerenal names, steal, that kinda crap, they need to fear what the parents will do to them, not the law!!!!!!!!!!! A healthy respect!!!!!!!!!!

ya, tell that to my wifey........he lets the kids "run her world"......

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i disagree with that not every kid or teen is bad.
just because some of us kids are bad does not mean we are all!

you are right.. not every kid or teen is bad, there are a few good ones.. what i don't like is when i hear the bad ones calls the good ones loosers, because the good ones do havegood manners and respect etc...

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think kids need to have a healthy fear of their parents. not like they think they are gonna beat all the time for spilling a glass of water or something, but back talk or call me/their mother or people in gerenal names, steal, that kinda crap, they need to fear what the PARENTS will do to them, not the law!!!!!!!!!!! a healthy respect!!!!!!!!!!

i do agree with the whole kids fearing the parents thing.. it was good for us growing up... the problem is that a lot of parents cannot be bothered to teach their kids, don't have time, don't care or don't want to "raise" their kids how they were raised, as they think it is wrong.... like it was said, we would get a spanking for being bad but we can't do that anymore because "it is child abuse"

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to throw knives and axes at trees...and were able to stick them..now the tree huggers would be all over that..and i bet kids these days dont know how to do that,,

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are right.. not every kid or teen is bad, there are a few good ones.. what i don't like is when i hear the bad ones calls the good ones loosers, because the good ones do havegood manners and respect etc...

very true.

but people have said stuff like that to me and as soon as you stand up too them they back down!

like we had this jerk living with us (he is 24) and he was laying on our couch watching tv and i asked nicely if i could sit down and he said "NO"
i said "dude , can ya let me sit?" and he said "NO" so i said "screw you this is not your house , you just live here now let me sit down right NOW or i will have you kicked out!" and then he let me sit down!

oh yah that jerk no longer lives with us and is is 3 times my size and has a record and HE backed down!

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never under any cicumstances call my mother our father any thing other than mom or dad and as for disrespecting any elders HE!! NO i enjoyed life way to much to want it to end so abruptly

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good story from my wife when I got home yesterday it seems she waas at the park with my youngest son and a child who she watches from time to time.Now this kid is the same age as my son and the two of them are good freinds. As it turns out there was a group of other children at the park and one of them is a deaf kid with the implants in his head he says something to the child my wife is watching and the kid takes his shoes and throws them in the biggest puddle he can find. My wife said my son took one look at this kid who's dirty face was streaked with tears and promptly marched down to his freind and flat out told him he had better go appoligize to the boy because you don't do that. Brings a smile to this dads face to know that my son is willing to stick up for what is right at the ripe old age of 6

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good story from my wife when I got home yesterday it seems she waas at the park with my youngest son and a child who she watches from time to time.Now this kid is the same age as my son and the two of them are good freinds. As it turns out there was a group of other children at the park and one of them is a deaf kid with the implants in his head he says something to the child my wife is watching and the kid takes his shoes and throws them in the biggest puddle he can find. My wife said my son took one look at this kid who's dirty face was streaked with tears and promptly marched down to his freind and flat out told him he had better go appoligize to the boy because you don't do that. Brings a smile to this dads face to know that my son is willing to stick up for what is right at the ripe old age of 6

i like that story :d good for your son! :d

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will get to meet him at the campout he is still undecided if he wants to quad or stay and play

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wow what a great story!! good for him!!

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will get to meet him at the campout he is still undecided if he wants to quad or stay and play

whether he goes quadding with you or hangs back with us.. he will have fun (at least i hope he has fun hanging with all the other kids) :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is just awesome!!

Top Bottom