horburg to nordegg, whens the next trip Hadster

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see how work goes wouldlike to go if i m off, seeing how Brazeau was cancelled, im in for this one

fuswald

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am just wondering if this is an open to anyone ride or is it private? My fiance and I are looking for somewhere to ride that weekend. We are off that weekend and we are responsible riders. Let me know..thanks! :d:beer::d

Do note some area's of this ride are difficult if not downright dangerous. Stars was called in the spring for a lady who had her diff lock on going downhill and the grizzly flipped on her. With the diff lock on the steering turned full lock and over it went. Nasty.

My opinion of course. Experience or ton o guts required.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do note some area's of this ride are difficult if not downright dangerous. Stars was called in the spring for a lady who had her diff lock on going downhill and the grizzly flipped on her. With the diff lock on the steering turned full lock and over it went. Nasty.

My opinion of course. Experience or ton o guts required.

Yes at least some experience is needed, when I take people I TRY to point out spots that could be a problem and help out with bad spots, but only so much can be done.
Normally it takes 10 or more hrs to get there one way (including stops etc.) so it's a bit tiring.
With all the rain we have had excpect mud, the muskeg holes will be bad (full of water) etc. Could be tough in a few spots!

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will just keep a watch out for the for sure date, turkey weekend may be busy.

Hadster how you liking the can-am, send me a pm.
I am dealing on one as we speak- (type lol)

Ps- is it allright if i bring my rifle;)

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes at least some experience is needed, when I take people I TRY to point out spots that could be a problem and help out with bad spots, but only so much can be done.
Normally it takes 10 or more hrs to get there one way (including stops etc.) so it's a bit tiring.
With all the rain we have had excpect mud, the muskeg holes will be bad (full of water) etc. Could be tough in a few spots!
Thanks for the heads up guys. Since she is not very experienced, we will double on mine.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will just keep a watch out for the for sure date, turkey weekend may be busy.

Hadster how you liking the can-am, send me a pm.
I am dealing on one as we speak- (type lol)

Ps- is it allright if i bring my rifle;)

Running low on time here this evening but the Can-Am is all good so far, and i would love to bring my rifle as well, but no one can have a rifle on a quad before 12 noon,.....damn laws...

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have decieded to stick with our original plan and go on the 16 & 17 weekend, i think there is a group from Outlaw club going on the 9 & 10 weekend.

:d Well it looks promising that I CAN GO !!!! Looks like I can switch shifts with some one at work !!! Will double confirm as the week-end is closer ! Man, I can't wait !! :d

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i will phone tomorrow and book a room,

Hey Medler, what kind of dog is it? Big/small?you can throw it in the run with my pooch.
-- cant wait for this trip:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

We got a company one booked the end of the month as well, but staging in Nordegg:d

Meet at Co-Op rocky at 7 bells saturday or whats the plan?

Later

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i will phone tomorrow and book a room,

Hey Medler, what kind of dog is it? Big/small?you can throw it in the run with my pooch.
-- cant wait for this trip:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

We got a company one booked the end of the month as well, but staging in Nordegg:d

Meet at Co-Op rocky at 7 bells saturday or whats the plan?

Later

7 am at Co-op / Petro-Can will work good (if that's too early for some from longer distance please chim in here).
This might be a tough ride in places with all the rain we had this summer, i've heard from someone that did it this past weekend, the muskeg soft area before Misty Valley is very bad (they detoured around it on the way home). I geuss one machine had a fan go through a rad (from too much skeg in it), and a Rhino busted a rear axle, haven't heard any more yet.
I haven't been out there lately to clear downed trees or work on bridges etc. and some kind soul stole my bridge building material from out near Harlech.
So far i have not been able to contact the people about our secure parking yet, but hopefully this week.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nordegg lodge has 26 of the 32 rooms available, got me one on the bottom level.
Toll Free 1-800-408-3294

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my room on ground level at the frontside booked as well, also if anyone needs to save a few bucks, you could share my room (they all have 2 queen beds). I have a prepaid certificate for the room & breakfast for 2 people that I bought earlier this year. I'll share the certificate for $60 cash, if anyone is interested.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to the local group that just got back from this trip and they say the muskeg is EXTREMLY difficult to get through just east of Misty Valley. They recommended trying to bypass that section and go along the hwy for a little while, they said lucky to make 10 feet then winch & winch some more to get another 10 feet in that area. We may have to detour a bit along the hwy. As I have no time to find another route before we leave.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to the local group that just got back from this trip and they say the muskeg is EXTREMLY difficult to get through just east of Misty Valley. They recommended trying to bypass that section and go along the hwy for a little while, they said lucky to make 10 feet then winch & winch some more to get another 10 feet in that area. We may have to detour a bit along the hwy. As I have no time to find another route before we leave.

huh we were out there on the 25th and all the skeg was good......made it to the misty valley road in 2.5 hours pissin around from horberg

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh we were out there on the 25th and all the skeg was good......made it to the misty valley road in 2.5 hours pissin around from horberg

Well maybe it's alright unless they have chewed it up too bad, we'll find out when we get there I geuss.
Are you coming on this trip Tex???

Top Bottom