Hey Maxwell!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niners Alpha is 40 plus pounds lighter then stock, more HP, will beat a polaris 850 pro in the hills, and look at the difference between the Doo turbo and Alpha. now any one that thinks a N/A 850 pro at elevation
is going to keep up with the Doo turbo is fooling themselves. and yes the Doo has a 175 track VS 165.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2C6mKcYoQ&t=1s
For the record i was there for this vid if you think this is a good comparison you are mistaking lol the Polaris flips over backwards on the slightest hill, was not built to climb at all would be the same outcome if Maxwell was in his 165 it would have flipped over as well. Lots of factors in this vid that you cant see or know without knowing the sleds or the guys.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even know why there could even be a debate on this issue..... if your on a Polaris its cuz its what your comfortable with and you like the handling in the steep trees and brand loyal like me.

If you are none of the above and not on a Factory turbo doo then your just fkn dumb or gender confused and ride a Cat. No other sled out of the box can compare to skidoo this year they win they did it first. I road one

and really liked it. Next year will be a different outcome, so for this year one has a turbo the rest don't.

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even know why there could even be a debate on this issue..... if your on a Polaris its cuz its what your comfortable with and you like the handling in the steep trees and brand loyle, like me.

If you are none of the above and not on a Factory turbo doo then your just fkn dumb or gender confused and ride a Cat. No other sled out of the box can compare to skidoo this year they win they did it first. I road one

and really liked it. Next year will be a different outcome, so for this year one has a turbo the rest don't.
If it wasn't for the Turbo, Doo should be choice #3 simply for the dated chassis....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even know why there could even be a debate on this issue..... if your on a Polaris its cuz its what your comfortable with and you like the handling in the steep trees and brand loyle, like me.

Gender confused and ride a cat. That one hurts a little....lol

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow AJ I’ll lie to my friends and you can lie to
Yours but let’s not lie to each other bud lmao. Id say Polaris threw some green ones at Them to boost their shrinking market share and lack of boosted innovation. I find the track thing hilarious, more Polaris owners are putting skidoo tracks or skidoo knockoff tracks on their machines than ever before. 2.75 is never better than 3” lol!! Speaking for real mountain riders. The Polaris is light sure, and that’s great, maybe it’s easier to get unstuck, maybe it requires less effort, that’s to be debated but I’ll give him that one. You can do math until your face is blue, the proof is on the snow, when it’s 3ft deep at 6500+ feet there is no comparison between the two. Really interesting how his findings are so opposite to guys that ride 100+ days a year in real snow.

There is not one snowmobiler in the world that would ride these 2 machines back to back in deep snow at high elevation and say the Polaris works better with a straight face.

Where did he get the 155 vs 168 hp lmfao?!? Blatantly false. I’ve seen above 165 at sea level on the turbo.

Anyways. Can’t believe I watched that entire thing i should have just turned on CNN

If you buy a Polaris it’s because your comfortable on it and it works for you, or maybe you have a good dealer. Not because it’s the best performing snowmobile available.
so mr maxXxweLL before having ouR Italian coffee this evening... lets xpand on this 2021 shootout between the Polaris and skidoo ... First the guY talking in the video musT and could only have been ShoT with a BaLL oF HiS own siHT ... Now this guy talks about riding aT 5000ft and 7000ft of elevation heres the goods... the ski Doo at 5000ft 468lbs ~ 165hp = 2.83 weight/power ratio ... And the Polaris at 5000ft 415lbs ~ 139hp = 2.98 weight/power ratio ... So iN fact skidoo has better ratio ... Thus the Polaris to match ski ski doos ratio... 2.83 times 139hp = 395lbs... the Polaris would have to weigh 395lbs to compete... So the Polaris is over weight bY 20lbs ... Now at 7000 ft the Polaris 2.83 times 130hp = 370lbs... Polaris now would have to weigh 370lbs to compete .. Now over weight by 45lbs ...at this point the Polaris would get stuck more often then the skidoo ... probably for every 1 time skidooooo gets stuck Polaris would get stuck 3 time s cause it now LacKs the weight TA power RATIO... Question where does Polaris loose the weight with out it being a tin can being kicked down the road .... As far as getting stuck... mr MaxXxWeLL has only been stuck in traffic grabbing a burger or waiting for the parking lot poser s ta unload there Polaris at 1000 ft and from there the only other stuck is the smile on his face at 7000 ft while the big 2.75 track wiT Q2 belt drive of Polaris is stuck at 5500ft waving there white Kleenex boxXx in surrender ... Now if Polaris was only 45 lbs lighter .... And if ya watch the end of the shootout video... the guY even puTs the dog ta sleep lmao... The LiTTLesT HoBo would be proud .... Be right there mr MaxXxWeLL ... I'm just sTucK ahead of them Polaris guYs waving them Kleenex boxXxes in the air for there haPPy meaLs at Mickey D 's... o look iTs maxXxweLL in his bright WHiTE sporTs car... waving at aLL the polaris S ... good -bYe !!! ... TRooPeR would be Proud... LMAO

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For starters it loyal not loyle lol. Good thing my alpha doesn’t require tires. This thread has nothing to do with cat or gender.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the most honest post in this thread. Thanks Snochuk. Everyone that is scoffing at the video and saying how stupid and crappy it is, rides a doo. Oh, I forgot, can't say anything bad about doo, here on Doo and Mud.

Well, this exact topic is on alot more forums than this one.
The lesters could not even get the year of the doo correct in that vid.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so mr maxXxweLL before having ouR Italian coffee this evening... lets xpand on this 2021 shootout between the Polaris and skidoo ... First the guY talking in the video musT and could only have been ShoT with a BaLL oF HiS own siHT ... Now this guy talks about riding aT 5000ft and 7000ft of elevation heres the goods... the ski Doo at 5000ft 468lbs ~ 165hp = 2.83 weight/power ratio ... And the Polaris at 5000ft 415lbs ~ 139hp = 2.98 weight/power ratio ... So iN fact skidoo has better ratio ... Thus the Polaris to match ski ski doos ratio... 2.83 times 139hp = 395lbs... the Polaris would have to weigh 395lbs to compete... So the Polaris is over weight but 20lbs ... Now at 7000 ft the Polaris 2.83 times 130hp = 370lbs... Polaris now would have to weigh 370lbs to compete .. Now over weight by 45lbs ...at this point the Polaris would get stuck more often the the skidoo ... probably for every 1 time skidooooo gets stuck Polaris would get stuck 3 time s cause it now LacKs the weight TA power RATIO... Question where does Polaris loose the weight with out it being a tin can being kicked down the road .... As far as getting stuck... mr MaxXxWeLL has only been stuck in traffic grabbing a burger or waiting for the parking lot poser s ta unload there Polaris at 1000 ft and from there the only other stuck is the smile on his face at 7000 ft while the big 2.75 track wiT Q2 belt drive of Polaris is stuck at 5500ft waving there white Kleenex boxXx ... Now if Polaris was only 45 lbs lighter .... And if ya watch the end of the shootout video... the guY even puTs the dog ta sleep lmao... The LiTTLesT HoBo would be proud .... Be right there mr MaxXxWeLL ... I'm just sTucK ahead of them Polaris guYs waving them Kleenex boxXxes in the air for there haPPy meaLs at Mickey D 's... o look iTs maxXxweLL in his bright WHiTE sporTs car... waving at aLL the polaris S ... good -bYe !!! ... TRooPeR would be Proud... LMAO

Ok that’s pretty good LOL. Math checks out too

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get the power to weight ratio
The doo is not going up the hill at 468 lb
Nor is the Polaris going up at 415 lb
For a real power to weight ratio you have to add the oil, fuel, gear and rider.
So the power to weight ratio that is reported means nothing in the real world.
Just looks good on paper.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• E6065371-F2A2-490E-902E-E23AD32AC8AA.jpg
    E6065371-F2A2-490E-902E-E23AD32AC8AA.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 271

Dakine879

Reaction score
So does altitude not affect weight as well... and yes I realize both sleds would be affected the same with elevation? Just a silly question

Yes, but gravity is a very weak force. gravitational force is proportional of the two masses interacting with each other, the earth being extremely massive in comparison to the mass of the sled, you couldn't notice a difference without a very accurate scale.

Top Bottom