"Here comes the snow" report thread

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been this excited about a snow storm in some time.

Just looked into the radar and it showed Whitecourt area getting hit pretty good.

If you have info to share of what's coming, post it up.

I'm gettin' the lawn chair out, sled suit on and going outside to wait for this "10cm, snow at times heavy"

Woo hoo!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Snowfall warning for
Spruce Grove - Morinville - Mayerthorpe - Evansburg issued

Snowfall amounts near 10-15 centimetres are forecast tonight.

A low pressure system has developed near Red Deer and is forecast to move northeastward towards Cold Lake as it intensifies. An associated area of snow will wrap around this feature along with brief periods of freezing rain prior to the snowfall late this afternoon or early this evening. Snowfall amounts for this evening and overnight are expected to be between 10-15 centimetres, with an additional 5 centimetres expected for Wednesday. For the Spruce Grove and Whitecourt regions, the heaviest snow is forecast to occur north of highway 43. Gusty northwest winds will develop in these regions overnight into Wednesday causing reduced visibility in blowing snow.

Conditions generally will be slow to improve as the low remains nearly stationary near Cold Lake into Thursday.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just starting in leduc....i can feel a cough coming on...may have to call in sick tomorrow

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a correlation between snowstorms and the times i get 'rooping-cough'. It's like they are a day, or less, apart.

tonykunz

Reaction score
Got some thick clouds near Grande Prairie, about 70km to the northwest. Hoping we get some nice powder

Top Bottom