"Here comes the snow" report thread

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is two feet where were it snowed about ten inches today, sure makes things a lot smoother :d:beer:

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out today around 11, gonna stage off 28 at the bottom of the hill just North of Highway 37. Brap Brrrraaaapppppp, Brrraaaaaapppppppppppppppppp

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya me too had to look. didn't even get a friggin flake at my house last night and wasn't snowing when we left at 8 this morning:realmad::rant::rant::realmad:

so ya got home last night and i got more than a flake. the wifes mini van is stuck halfway to the house snow to the bottom of the freekin lights. drift in the driveway is about 2ft or so. was sweet ridin but still no base now the land mines are hidden really good,.:eek:

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well went out and it wasn't as good as I hoped but better than nothing. There is no base, not as much snow as I had hoped, and hidden landmines, the river was decent from the bridge on 28 towards Gibbons for about 15 km, then it got sketchy at best, some open water but managed to bypass it, eventually decided it was best to get off of it and head north towards Bon Accord. From there ditch banged back to the trucks, ditches are full!! :) Back at the trucks County Mountie pulled up, checked registration (didn't care that plate wasn't mounted), insurance. The friendly reminder that there is no riding west from there, pay attention to the no parking signs, and no ditchbanging along 28 or 37.....:rolleyes: Good thing he didn't come along 5 min earlier....Now time for :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well went out and it wasn't as good as I hoped but better than nothing. There is no base, not as much snow as I had hoped, and hidden landmines, the river was decent from the bridge on 28 towards Gibbons for about 15 km, then it got sketchy at best, some open water but managed to bypass it, eventually decided it was best to get off of it and head north towards Bon Accord. From there ditch banged back to the trucks, ditches are full!! :) Back at the trucks County Mountie pulled up, checked registration (didn't care that plate wasn't mounted), insurance. The friendly reminder that there is no riding west from there, pay attention to the no parking signs, and no ditchbanging along 28 or 37.....:rolleyes: Good thing he didn't come along 5 min earlier....Now time for :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Interesting what he sad about not riding west from 28. According to the info put out by the county the river is off limits south of 37. :confused:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you guys blow some of that snow Red Deer south. We could use another nice dump to smooth out the trails in the central Alberta west country.

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG! I found a .5 km long snowdrift that was waist deep and 7 feet wide!! I Carved on that all day today, and even got stuck... and run over :rolleyes: anyone up for a ride tomorow?

ZakAttack

Reaction score
Going riding between Devon and Spruce Grove tommorrow if anyone wants to join or knows some area's around there...

Top Bottom