Help please 2014 xm

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 xm with only 300km all stock no can . Yesterday it would go into limp mode when I let off the throttle engine light on and check engine message across the dash. Stop the engine ,restart and all would be fine sometimes for 5min one time it was good for 3hrs then acted up 3 times realy quickly, always when I let the throttle off.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you check your exhaust propes? Have heard that can cause trouble if they back out .

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yuppers on the exhaust probes. Check them first.
Check to ensure the wiring harness is on the air tube flute on left hand upper sideis on and fully seated.
Then check to ensure the small clear tube is on the small nipple on the upper rh side.

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wiring harness to the sensor in the intake tube?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked all thoes things all were ok took it to the dealer and they said a reprogram will fix it. I thought the 2014s had the up dated program from 2013. Iam not realy sure about all this reprogram stuff. Any one else getting a 2014 reprogramed?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked all thoes things all were ok took it to the dealer and they said a reprogram will fix it. I thought the 2014s had the up dated program from 2013. Iam not realy sure about all this reprogram stuff. Any one else getting a 2014 reprogramed?
The only program for the 14's is for sensitive exhaust probes for guys with cans.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies was doing the exact same thing yesterday,only when letting off the throttle.we looked at the little tube also but didn't screw with anything just got it home.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tps had given me the same grief on my 2013 xm and both 2014's. also make sure your raves still have the nuts on the. 2 outa 3 of mine were loose or missing

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to me on my 13. Turned out to be a coil

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer has had it for two days still no answer. I want to sled on friday and still no sled. I bought an new sled so I wouldn't have this problem. Iam thinking the old m8 is looking pretty good right now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer has had it for two days still no answer. I want to sled on friday and still no sled. I bought an new sled so I wouldn't have this problem. Iam thinking the old m8 is looking pretty good right now.

they will get it sorted. i think you would be wishing you were on the XM trying to ride an m8 again.

Last edited:

highlandrider

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing. The codes that came up at the dealer was a mag short to ground. They replaced the coil and I got them to put new in plugs in also. Also found a kink in the 1/4" air hose from the airbox to the computer. This was making it run rough altitude we think.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed with reprogram[ sooo glad ]this sled is great now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys there have been a couple units out there that are getting moisture in the plug from the coil to the ECU. (JB1 plug)It will short out killing the coil. Tell your dealer to make sure that plug is dry and the rubber weather seal is in good condition before sending back out or it will do it again. They feel it is an assembly problem from the factory on a few units.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What program would this be??

Ever since I got my sled back from Martin's,(MBRP can) it has been worse, the Muffler check engine warning goes on, and the odd time it sputters when full out... even on the trail.
\

The only program for the 14's is for sensitive exhaust probes for guys with cans.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Istill have the stock can on during breakin and I was getting exhaust sensor over heat codes they re programed it and runs great now . However I started a thread reguarding my clutch runout problem in hopes one of you has the info.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What program would this be??

Ever since I got my sled back from Martin's,(MBRP can) it has been worse, the Muffler check engine warning goes on, and the odd time it sputters when full out... even on the trail.
\
BRP came out with a flash for guys throwing muffler codes. The probe may not be sitting in the can at the proper level which creates false readings to the ECU and throws a code and a light.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. The reason I am asking, is that it's funny that it suddenly does it after I had it at the dealer 2 weeks ago and nothing before....

BRP came out with a flash for guys throwing muffler codes. The probe may not be sitting in the can at the proper level which creates false readings to the ECU and throws a code and a light.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. The reason I am asking, is that it's funny that it suddenly does it after I had it at the dealer 2 weeks ago and nothing before....
Number 1 rule in snowmobiling. If the sled works great don't touch it even if someone tells you this flash will make it better. Lol.

Top Bottom