Help please 2014 xm

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL!! That's the thing...I didn't. It was in for a coolant leak:crazy:

and it's now leaking 4x as bad. Not impressed...

Number 1 rule in snowmobiling. If the sled works great don't touch it even if someone tells you this flash will make it better. Lol.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PORBLEM IS BACK I went for two rides with new program and it was great nex ride not so good I am taking my pos back again . I talked to another xm owner with the same problem [going into a limp mode under light throttle] wtf is this more common and people just puting up with it?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I got my sled back and they detected another clamp failure... Replaced with gear clamp... You would think they would just do it all while it's opened up.. but oh well..

They also replaced my DESS post and re-flashed my ECM to stop the muffler codes.... Hopefully that's the end of it.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now they are saying the stator has a short causing the low speed to loose voltage creating the limpmode problem. Anyone else have a stator problem ?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Crappy luck Catrutt!! I have three XM's a 2013 163 with 2000km and a 14 163 with 800km and a 14 154 with 450m (Not sure why one is in miles but whatever) Anyway I haven't had a minutes trouble with any of them. And the two 163's have not been ridden nice. Put a belt on the 13 at 1600km just cause I thought I should. Anyway not a hiccup on any of them.

I guess any of them can give you trouble (Don't get me started on my 12 Pro Rmk:nono:)

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now they are saying the stator has a short causing the low speed to loose voltage creating the limpmode problem. Anyone else have a stator problem ?

stators do go but usually not for a couple of years.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRY out your sleds ASAP after riding. It's almost better to keep them in an ice cold trailer and full of snow rather than in a warm moist trailer... IMO.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRY out your sleds ASAP after riding. It's almost better to keep them in an ice cold trailer and full of snow rather than in a warm moist trailer... IMO.
I agree. When it was cold I rode 11 days and never thawed my sled. For the coolant leak I have a friend who had a base gasket leak on a 2014

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a pressure test not the base gasket thinking it's a clamp issue from going to cold back to warm to cold

Top Bottom