heat tape

snowzombie

Reaction score
You can gain a little extra clearance by trimming down the rubber bumper that the pipe rests on. There is enough movement at the y-pipe and silencer for the slight misalignment and you can bend the tabs or use a shorter spring to keep the pipe tight to the shorter mount.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
x2 on the idea above. Just throw out that stock intake setup, its useless junk under the hood anyways. Get a firebreather or some other sort of intake and use that instead with some extra venting on the nose. Less clutter and you will never have to worry about anything getting hot or melting.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
006.jpg I have the same set up on my 09 and it did the same thing when I first put it on. See where your plastic is melted to your pipe...loosen that ring that is on the pipe and slide it over to exactly where that plastic mark is and tighten it up there. Also triple or quadruple tape the hood there too.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of Pics!
Looks like a good idea but, your now putting extra stress on the hood at that point. I myself drilled 3 holes just above your spot and installed 3 computer desk inserts fin. off with black panty hose over the hole, looks sweet . cost $5.00 . sure can feel the heat coming out !

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 74677I have the same set up on my 09 and it did the same thing when I first put it on. See where your plastic is melted to your pipe...loosen that ring that is on the pipe and slide it over to exactly where that plastic mark is and tighten it up there. Also triple or quadruple tape the hood there too.

I don't know for a fact that it'll do any harm, but I believe you're not supposed to move or remove that band, as it's there for harmonics within the pipe. I think it says that somewhere in the instructions. Might not make a difference, but just something to ponder.

Top Bottom