Heading to the big hills again

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:) Well heading to Golden next week. Will be there for thursday late morning/ early afternoon the 11th, friday 12th, saturday 13th sunday 14th and driving back home monday.
I have been to Golden once with MODMAN(this was between Christmas and newyears of this year) and am looking to find somebody to ride with who kind of knows the area.

I have a friend that is coming with me that has little experience in the mountians.
Like i said in another post https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f5/looking-group-going-big-hills-22823.html
my riding skills in the mountians are average to a bit above. I hope that MODMAN chimes in here to make sure that i am telling the truth.

Would really like to hook up with people that have a good knowledge of the area.

send me a PM or just post it here
thanks

Darryl

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Im up,running and not working,could definitely show new area or two..:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:) Well heading to Golden next week. Will be there for thursday late morning/ early afternoon the 11th, friday 12th, saturday 13th sunday 14th and driving back home monday.
I have been to Golden once with MODMAN(this was between Christmas and newyears of this year) and am looking to find somebody to ride with who kind of knows the area.

I have a friend that is coming with me that has little experience in the mountians.
Like i said in another post https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f5/looking-group-going-big-hills-22823.html
my riding skills in the mountians are average to a bit above. I hope that MODMAN chimes in here to make sure that i am telling the truth.

Would really like to hook up with people that have a good knowledge of the area.

thanks

Darryl

He's telling the truth - I can vouch for his riding skills. Warhawk is a good guy to ride with.

Still working on the CD - if you are coming through stop by and you can take it with you on the way home.

Mm

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be there Thursday night for weekend rides.
We have one rookie and one novice with us (6 riding)
P.M. your number to me and I will call you I get a chance.
We are staying in Radium

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks guys. We will be staying at the Golden Rim. Thursday we are thinking of going to Quartz as my buddy has little experience in the mountians and i felt that it would be a good place to start. I am running a 08 M8 and he is running a 08 Phazer MTX. Being that i have only been to golden once does anybody know if a Phazer MTX will be able to climb out of Area 51 or say Lang/Hope with say 2 feet of fresh(THIS IS THE AMOUNT THAT WE ARE HOPING FOR:d)

Modman I will defenitly stop buy on sunday night or monday am as we are planning on driving to Calgary sunday night after our ride and then doing the rest of the way monday am. I will call you as we get closer to calgary sunday night.

Carbon and My Mod you have a PM with my cell number.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there teach, may be ble to break away that weekend, only not sure about that cat you got, i think the old guy on the xp may have fell off more. although i did see you ride i think i would still ride with ya.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there teach, may be ble to break away that weekend, only not sure about that cat you got, i think the old guy on the xp may have fell off more. although i did see you ride i think i would still ride with ya.

well Thanks for the good words about my riding Larry LMAO:d You saw the other flatlanders from Candle lake riding that weekend. I use to be that way but now at 40 the old body doesn't recover as quick.

I should be able to give you a run for your money up the hill now as i have the skip back in my step to come out there again I also noticed that my balls are getting bigger :d:eek: I have only hads one dream about the Ghost Riders:eek: hopefully they don't show thier ugly head this time.

If your coming out send me a PM and maybe we can ride together.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couldn't question the cajones, thats for sure. saw you climb a few nasties and i still have nightmares. will let you know, and would definitely ride with you again, would love a bluebird day, as i was getting a little claustraphobic with the hills socked in. seems like everyone involved at the incident at the bar are being mum on the subject.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bar i don't remember any bar :nono: LMAO

yes that was a great night of entertainment. Haven't seen a body move like that since the last time i was at a girly bar :party2: and well we don't have them here in Sask so thats been a long time.

wait i wasn't at a bar was i lol

well hopefully you and your son or some of the other guys can make it up.

Has lonie gotten his summit fixed yet?? he was running really lean on mag side cyl. What was wrong? Was it a air leak?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure, think just needed bigger main jets. says it is running, but tight lipped on bar gong show. will see if we can get out for that weekend.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure, think just needed bigger main jets. says it is running, but tight lipped on bar gong show. will see if we can get out for that weekend.

Not sure on the main jets yet, were supposed to go riding a few weekends back, did not go due to "High" avy conditions so he has not run it with the new jets in it. I think he should have it pressure tested, I still don't think its quite right, seems too finicky for only a few jet sizes. I think he should get rid of the Dynoport pipe too and go back to the stocker and see if that fattens it up again, then he would know if its the pipe.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the pipe could lean out the stock jetting, coild be other problems as well, should get out and test ride locally to sort out a few problems before hitting the big hills. not sure what he is doing, must get it solved soon. should start at square one, go back to stock and get a baseline before adding mods. may have some dpm or mpem issues, definitely richer main jets.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks

Darryl

wouldn't mind riding gorman and lang creek area, silent pass, maybe even hope creek.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well counting down the days :d By what im seeing on here it sounds like things are in fairly rough shape. Still heading out as the snow there is better than the snow here:). Thinking of doing Quartz on thursday and silent or gorman friday/saturday doesn't really matter which way. Have had some replys and i will keep intouch with you guys before we leave.

lets pray for at least a foot of fresh:i_need_snow:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL :D Have you guys considered Revy as well?

Silent is a must this trip if you have the time, bet chance of finding some really untouched stuff will be in there.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL :D Have you guys considered Revy as well?

Silent is a must this trip if you have the time, bet chance of finding some really untouched stuff will be in there.

Yes we thought about Rev. But i think that we will find enough to enjoy the hole trip. The guy that is coming with me has little experience so i feel that Golden is a good place to do some learning. I really enjoyed what i had a chance to see of Golden at Christmas with you and your group and i think that he will do just fine. really looking forward to getting to silent as it looks great from the vids ive seen. speaking of vids hows the one from Christmas coming?

Are you counting down the days to being a papa?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been any snow for weeks and none in the forecast to speak of. You'll find every area pretty tracked up, but it's great snow for touring and exploring and checking out the scenery.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we thought about Rev. But i think that we will find enough to enjoy the hole trip. The guy that is coming with me has little experience so i feel that Golden is a good place to do some learning. I really enjoyed what i had a chance to see of Golden at Christmas with you and your group and i think that he will do just fine. really looking forward to getting to silent as it looks great from the vids ive seen. speaking of vids hows the one from Christmas coming?

Are you counting down the days to being a papa?

Vid from xmas coming good, will have ready for you on your way back to flatlanderville so you can take home.

Yes, momma and me getting anxious. Finished painting crib now have to re-assemble....:rolleyes: Finished building change table thingy, finished "cloud" light install, blah blah blah. Moved beds and changed computer room to spare bed room now, etc etc.

Still managed to find time to install new shelves in the garage and sort through junk, install race gas motor in red sled, weld in a/f bungs on pipes and weld up chaincase guard for triple!!!

Hoping you guys have a good trip, maybe some snow in the forecast for ya!

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sitting in a hotel in Calgary and leaving to finish the drive to Golden bright and early.(6-630). We will be going to Quartz tomorrow. Friday we want to do silent. hope to see some of you there.

Top Bottom