Has this happened to anybody else

Brojoe

Reaction score
We got back from a trip to the states, and we seem to be missing a few things. I had purchased some jeans,that I know were packed, and now they are gone. My friends wife bought some earrings, and when they got home, there was nothing in the box.
Are we losing are minds, or has the recession made a few border patrols corrupt?
anybody else experience this?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got back from a trip to the states, and we seem to be missing a few things. I had purchased some jeans,that I know were packed, and now they are gone. My friends wife bought some earrings, and when they got home, there was nothing in the box.
Are we losing are minds, or has the recession made a few border patrols corrupt?
anybody else experience this?
it's been on the news a lot lately about border security corruption. it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was the case.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They "work" full time at customs,on their time off they "work" for Budget rent a car.....................

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you not very nice things about the border people and not nice, the worst is the sweet grass one, I even had other agents tell me that I should have taken it to court my case, but was told if I would take it to court they would change my charges and it would stop me from leaving canada for a long time and would be a criminal charge on record, so I left with a charge on me that I can still travel but get flagged everytime I cross, plus the guys held me in custody for 12hrs..............I have also been told of worse things from that check stop............

Brojoe

Reaction score
The thing that ticks me off the most about some of these people is that they are some power trip, and think they are better than everyone.for a country that is on a financial cliff,they should be begging people to come spend money,not stealing from them when they leave.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So, is it the security in the airports within the states (as the video has depicted) or the Border Services coming into Canada?

Brojoe, didn't explain how they were travelling.

:danceMsn:

MissAtlantic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Note to self: when travelling photograph the packing of the suit case and re-photograph after being inspected by security agents!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian Customs agents searching stuff without you present and stealing? I've never seen that. Private, underpaid airport security going through luggage and stealing chit, I've heard of that.. American customs agents being docks and refusing entry on a whim? Heard of that too.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This is good to know..... I've crossed into the USA many times and your not supposed to get out of your vehicle as they check out your trailer or back of your truck. I have let them inspect my enclosed trailer hauling radio controlled racing boats and equipment for racing and never thought they might rip me off.... Can't trust anybody these days......

Brojoe

Reaction score
We had a direct flight from Chicago to Saskatoon. I honestly don't know who would have searched the bags. I would assume it was the American's, because when we landed at home, we paid our duty and waited 5-10 minutes for the bags and left.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting..... Last time I went State side we crossed at Chief Mountain. The guy and woman doing the searches at the crossing were both complete morons, not that I expected less. The guy looked like the banjo playing kid from the movie deliverance ( not joking) and asked about the dumbest questions I have experienced at a border. He was very concerned that my girlfriend did not share my last name..... okay degenerate, not everyone dates their family like you do. The chick was full on thought she was military shouting my license plate out ( when it was very quiet) as loud as she could like "Charlie, Alpha, niner... etc) give me a break. However we made it unscathed with all our stuff.

Coming back was pleasant at Roosville. We weren't even prepared as we didn't have all our receipts tallied and the guy just informed us we should next time and let us through. I need to head down in the summer again so I will see what this round brings, lol.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Brody. I wonder if one could request to look at surveillance cameras? Highly unlikely I imagine.

Brojoe

Reaction score
Thanks Travis, I never thought of asking them to check surveillance tapes. Pretty ballsy, to steal if one was being video taped I would think. I can't see this as being an isolated incident. Possibly a small network of people that have figured how to beat the system and not get caught. At least that's my conspiracy theory. Haha

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they have had issues with baggage handlers lifting stuff at other airports. Montreal was notorious until there was a big bust there a few years ago.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to ALWAYS ALWAYS put valuables in carry on. My sister lost a necklace and earrings in her luggage coming back from Cuba.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago I found a note in my bag from customs stating that my bag had a random search done I had no idea till I opened it at home I kinda thought it was crap, but nothing was missing.

Canadian Customs agents searching stuff without you present and stealing? I've never seen that. Private, underpaid airport security going through luggage and stealing chit, I've heard of that.. American customs agents being docks and refusing entry on a whim? Heard of that too.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my last 10yrs crossing were great,I buy a used Motorcycle every yr in Nebraska at a Annual RALLY I helped start. the border guys are supposed to come out and check the serial number of the bike, they never have, 3 yrs ago I had a whole pile of extra parts given with the bike,no extra receipts.never looked in canopy of truck.
my friend who bought a Gold Wing Trike had it in back of enclosed cargo trailer, they never even looked at it, the papers said Gold Wing, not a trike, they are Illegal to bring across,,a kit yes,complete trike, no.. he was prepared to bo back to South Dakota,just thought he would chance it.it worked..d
But,14 yrs ago we rode down with Gold Wing and my empty Coke machine cargo trailer to Sand Point ,Idaho for there annual Par day,,no exchange, we filled the trailer with toys, but I did stop at a flea market and had a 45 Colt 1911 in my hand for $50.00 it was bad shape but tempting, when we hit the border,it was like we were Bonnie and Clyde, there were 4 guy with guns drawn on us, they stripped us to undies, tore trailer and bike aprt, they walked away and said we could pack our stuff and go, my wife was wild., she walked inside there shack and demanded to talk to the boss, fortunaltly it was a lady,,who saw the mess and made the 3 morons help pack our stuff and put the new toys back in boxes, they wrecked about 12, cut em open ? I asked the lady what the big deal was, she said we were seen at a firearms table at the fleamarket, I pulled out my wallet and showed her my restricted fireams importing licence, I dont need to smuggle a gun I said, I could have bought it legally, they were worn out junk I said..she smiled and said see ya again.not f=======g likely Trudy said.She wrote letters to the Coutts crossing with receipts for the toys they wrecked, never heard a thing,

Attachments

• 1983 Gl-1100 heading out to Nebraska 2008.jpg
    1983 Gl-1100 heading out to Nebraska 2008.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Top Bottom