February Conditions

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's one of the best things about this website? It's how three guys who have never met (1 from Davidson, Sask... 1 from Sherwood Park... 1 from Edmonton) could plan a trip, drive 5 1/2 hours to McBride together, laugh the whole way, and have two AWESOME days of riding! Many thanks to Snow & Mud... to Derek (Deeker) and Kris (Saskboy) --- we can ride together any time! And as always, a HUGE thanks to Barry & Judy for their incredible hospitality and to Glen for fixing my sled and taking the day to come for a ride!

Pics Below are: 1.)Saskboy jumping 2.)Deeker landing in fresh 3.)Crew lunch break 4.)Priceless!

Attachments

• IMG_6037.jpg
    IMG_6037.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6041.jpg
    IMG_6041.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 69

Trigger

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a great time, awesome pics.

I have to say though when I started reading the first thing that came to mind was it was one of the jokes with "what happens when a guy from Saskatchewan, a guy from Edmonton and a guy from Sherwood Park go sledding" type of joke haha

Trev

saskboy

Reaction score
What's one of the best things about this website? It's how three guys who have never met (1 from Davidson, Sask... 1 from Sherwood Park... 1 from Edmonton) could plan a trip, drive 5 1/2 hours to McBride together, laugh the whole way, and have two AWESOME days of riding! Many thanks to Snow & Mud... to Derek (Deeker) and Kris (Saskboy) --- we can ride together any time! And as always, a HUGE thanks to Barry & Judy for their incredible hospitality and to Glen for fixing my sled and taking the day to come for a ride!

Pics Below are: 1.)Saskboy jumping 2.)Deeker landing in fresh 3.)Crew lunch break 4.)Priceless!
Y

You couldn't be more right! I had a blast riding with you guys thanks for the great laughs and good riding. Thanks to Glen and Barry for taking the time to come riding with it was the best ride of the year for sure.

Reaction score
Hey whats it like up there for snow we had a friend come home and said it was all hard packed and trail was really rough. Looking to head up tommorrow after work. Anyone else going this weekend looking for husband an wife duos to ride with. There is only the two of us going. I have no problem riding with just guys but I would not want to slow anyone down. Don't get me wrong I am not a wimp however I am just not very experanced. My husband rides 800 dragon and I ride a 600 switchback

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am currently in Mcbride had a good ride today, there are tracks but a hell of allot of untouched snow by a long shot. May be busy on the weekend though.:beer:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunshine and -1 today. Went up Belle to make sure all was well for the weekend. About 8 inches of fresh on top of a solid base. Going up Lucille tomorrow am to make sure all is well there, will post snow when I get back.
Play safe this long weekend everybody.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from 4 days of riding, clutch taper sheared off of crank 25min after reaching Renshaw cabin so my mod was done for the trip. But rode Renshaw 3 days and had good rides. Snow was an average of 6"-10", we did rip waaayyy out past Spirit and found one spot with 1 - 1.5ft but that was it. 4th day rode to an area we don't usually ride and i wasn't there 20min. and i badly sprained my ankle so back on the mend again for a week or two. Higgins.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day today with the kid's from everywhere, family day on Lucille for everyone in town that wanted to partake. Sunny and warm. Thanks to Rod on the groomer that made us our toboggan run, made for some cool non motorized sled'n.
Some of the crowd, jump at end of run, shuttle on way up, G T's on the way down X 2, shuttle loading up and more G T's on the way down.

Attachments

• family day feb 001.jpg
    family day feb 001.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 42
  • family day feb 003.jpg
    family day feb 003.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 37
  • family day feb 004.jpg
    family day feb 004.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 38
  • family day feb 006.jpg
    family day feb 006.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 34
  • family day feb 008.jpg
    family day feb 008.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 34
  • family day feb 007.jpg
    family day feb 007.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 35
  • family day feb 005.jpg
    family day feb 005.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a couple more.
Pic 1 is our Be Extreme winner trading his sled for this, all you could him say as he went by, faster.

Attachments

• family day feb 009.jpg
    family day feb 009.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 39
  • family day feb 010.jpg
    family day feb 010.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 34
  • family day feb 011.jpg
    family day feb 011.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks Like good times were had by all! Great Photo's Barry, looks like it was a beautiful day to be up there sleddin!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys, well its been awhile, I aquired yet another job, but hey what else is new!

I just wanted to say a great big huge THANK YOU to all the boys I got to meet last weekend and this past family day weekend, thank you to everyone who donated to my horse fund and brightened my day with welcomed greetings. I really enjoy getting to meet all the snow and mudders! We had a beautiful weekend, a bit cold this morning and I imagine monday is gonna be a wee bit colder, Renshaw is getting groomed again tonight for monday morning.

Once again, THANK YOU TO ALL
:dWORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU!!!

The horse I am hoping to buy is going to arrive at the owners house in McBride on FRIDAY!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!:p

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from 4 days of riding, clutch taper sheared off of crank 25min after reaching Renshaw cabin so my mod was done for the trip. But rode Renshaw 3 days and had good rides. Snow was an average of 6"-10", we did rip waaayyy out past Spirit and found one spot with 1 - 1.5ft but that was it. 4th day rode to an area we don't usually ride and i wasn't there 20min. and i badly sprained my ankle so back on the mend again for a week or two. Higgins.

Hey Keith,

Unfortunate way to end a day before it even started, glad to hear it's just sprained though and not broke. Was quite an eventful day, Dan ended up coming out on the rope behind the Yammie, dropped a cylinder at the end of the day. Had a few comical moments of carnage on the tow out. Sunday we broke over and into the place you had asked about earlier, spent sun and mon in there as it was untouched and awesome. Crystal clear skies, no wind, couldn't ask for much more. Here's a few pics for you to ponder.

Attachments

• 100_2111.jpg
    100_2111.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2113.jpg
    100_2113.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2114.jpg
    100_2114.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_2119.jpg
    100_2119.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2120.jpg
    100_2120.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 51

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see your ride ended good.....sort of!!! To bad about the Doo, but i see the trusty backup was fired up. And you just had to drop into one of my favorites and find it untouched and untracked didn't you!!!! Ha, Ha, Ha. Higgins.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok the thread says february conditions and i have been watching but its getting close to departure time to head to mcbride can anyone tell me if its been snowing there at all how are the riding conditions is there powder to be had how are the trails up to the alpine we will be riding friday and saturday probly the renshaw friday forsure so im just lookin for some input on how things are up there as of today :please:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys that were up there today said that they were able to find a little bit of pow and trail wasn't to bad.. We havnt had much snow lately.. Hopefully will get some soon.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys that were up there today said that they were able to find a little bit of pow and trail wasn't to bad.. We havnt had much snow lately.. Hopefully will get some soon.
thanx glen i hope it snows before we get there and im needing to rent an avy beacon and i understand you rent them so ill be stopping in what are your hours of operation we will be hitting town around 7pm thursday night i think

Top Bottom