Hunters’ Range 2022-2023

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing hard in Salmon Arm. 3” so far, so Hunter’s may be loaded tomorrow. Still a long way to go to get to the 30 cm that is in the snowfall warning.
Yup it was deep yesterday. 30-40cm overnight and in untracked tree areas we were experiencing the full 4'+ that fell over the last week and a bit. Looks bluebird today so get out there!

ozzy

Reaction score
E9292B80-A7B3-4235-8534-46009F220387.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is getting a bit tracked out up there. Today was very busy with the poker run but the trail grooming was superb. Parking lots are icy and several wiped out unloading from decks.

Friday a fellow fell from his deck with sled. I didn't see it but the air ambulance was landing to pick him up when we arrived. Take caution loading and unloading

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be wary up there. Only 4 units in the upper lot yesterday and one was vandalized. Ripped the drivers door handle off. Didn't touch the others. Weird.

Snow is sun affected and main areas are pounded

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be wary up there. Only 4 units in the upper lot yesterday and one was vandalized. Ripped the drivers door handle off. Didn't touch the others. Weird.

Snow is sun affected and main areas are pounded
THat's crappy

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ashton Creek is the wild west, some methed up stuff happening out there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
30 cm of fresh today and snow on the trail from the staging area. Had to use ingenious scratchers up to km 8 and then it was clear sailing with the fresh. One of the better grooms of the season and a glorious highway all the way to the Gordon Sydney cabin. A great day for poking around in the trees to find some of those elusive meadows. Hunters’ is my new "meadow muffin" get away. We could even see the ski hill at Sun Peaks today. A great day for just getting out and enjoying ourselves.

IMG_8263.jpg IMG_8265.jpg
IMG_8266.jpg IMG_8268.jpg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they want to go tomorrow so that would work, and I have a fellow and his son to tour around Friday and Saturday if you want to explore. Gonna buz up Owlhead or Blue lake this morning so check in with you later.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found good snow in Cooke Creek area.
It is receeding fast down below and mud is appearing. Bottom trails are a challenge for cooling. We were able to manage with the ski doos and but buddies new Polaris over heated on way up and on way down.

Looks like we will have to be riding back in Revelstoke after this weekend.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went up Brash yesterday. Parked below the switchback at 3 km on the snow (no mud nor dirt). Trail was pretty much mint and lower down the heating issue was apparent. But the good ol’ Muskota scratcher saved the day...... Now, to try and find a cure for the Alberta pavers? Well, actually it isn’t the Alberta pavers per sé but rather Just a lot of traffic since the last big dump. We could use a nice reload to get us to April.

IMG_8203.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a log stuck in your sled:oops: We went around to Kingfisher and then up into Cooke. Lot less paving has happened over that way but sure a long drive down there and then 5k of mud to drive the truck to the staging area.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is a log stuck in your sled:oops:
That is the Muskoka FreeRider scratcher. We seem to be using them more and more this year. Sure helps with the cooling. Stick it into the running board, hold on with the left hand, drive slow (30-40 km) and the cooling comes right down to the low-mid 50’s. Once the cooling happens naturally as we climb, we stick them in the berm and pick them up on the way down.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the Muskoka FreeRider scratcher. We seem to be using them more and more this year. Sure helps with the cooling. Stick it into the running board, hold on with the left hand, drive slow (30-40 km) and the cooling comes right down to the low-mid 50’s. Once the cooling happens naturally as we climb, we stick them in the berm and pick them up on the way down.
All good til it isn't, would be a catastrophic event if it hit a rock or something else solid.

If there isn't enough snow off the trail to chainsaw, I've used a Rubbermaid container bungeed to tunnel with the bottom cut out.
Also works good to haul some firewood...

Top Bottom