Exhaust springs made easy!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It costs a lot of money to get a patent. Could be looking at 50k easy. Nice looking tool though, but yeah a shoe lace works pretty well.

If you can believe what you read on the internet..............

[h=2]Standard Patent Fees[/h]As of 2011, the standard patent application fee is $400 Canadian dollars. Additional fees will need to be paid if the inventor requests an examination of the patent. The fee for this is CA$800. Applicants who have previously filed patent applications can request priority status. The fee for this is CA$500. If an invention was created by two or more inventors, but one of them refuses to file for a patent or cannot be located, the applicant can apply to have the patent granted in her name only. The standard fee for this is CA$300, if the application was filed after October 1, 1989. The fee for reinstatement of an abandoned application or restoration of a forfeited application is CA$200.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Standard Patent Fees

As of 2011, the standard patent application fee is $400 Canadian dollars. Additional fees will need to be paid if the inventor requests an examination of the patent. The fee for this is CA$800. Applicants who have previously filed patent applications can request priority status. The fee for this is CA$500. If an invention was created by two or more inventors, but one of them refuses to file for a patent or cannot be located, the applicant can apply to have the patent granted in her name only. The standard fee for this is CA$300, if the application was filed after October 1, 1989. The fee for reinstatement of an abandoned application or restoration of a forfeited application is CA$200.

Yeah good luck with that. I've been through the process and it isn't cheap.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea, thank's for sharing. I myself am still a member of the bleeding knuckle
vise grip club.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooooo.....I tried a shoe lace, but I must be doing it wrong? I stuck it in the spring and tied it, fine , but I can't for the life of me get the damn lace to stick straight out like my screw driver does, it just wants to hang straight down, ??? Lol:confused:

Just kidding, the lace works good to pull the springs just not so good at feeding them into a tight spot.

Patents? Nah, I'm way too lazy for that kinda thing, I just wanted to share an idea, if it appeals to, and helps someone great!
(Not to mention its really just a screw driver with a notch, didn't really invent anything lol :rolleyes:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically same as oem doo minus the tee handle. This one is much cheaper I bet. Lol

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A length of coat-hangar wire, with a tight little hook on the end, can be just the ticket sometimes too.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke the tip off my screwdriver years ago and did the same thing. I call it the multi-tool. Has come in handy for much more than exhaust springs. It's real handy for picking up parts dropped under the motor or opening a pop top

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell ya what *doesn't* work all that ****-hot...

small needle nose vice grips when you're too lazy to make a run to the store for a cheap driver. After donating a couple knuckles worth of skin to the sled Gods, along with more than enough swears to get most tasks done, I drove my ass to Peavey Mart.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a spring fly past my head an broke a bottle I had on the shelf in the garage. Glad it didn't nail me in the eye and glat I had finished the bottle!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same tool as above but more often than not I find myself using a piece of braided nylon rope about the diameter of a work boot lace, its really strong for how thick it is, been using the same piece for 3 years now, hasnt even started to fray

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have the same tool as above but more often than not I find myself using a piece of braided nylon rope about the diameter of a work boot lace, its really strong for how thick it is, been using the same piece for 3 years now, hasnt even started to fray

Yup thats what I use unless I have to feed it down deep ( that sounds dirty) they a use some bailing wire for the ridigity to feed it in

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Application =Patent Pending?

An actual patent, if someone decides to use your idea you have to spend $$ on a patent. could cost hundreds of thousands. as I read.

Standard Patent Fees

As of 2011, the standard patent application fee is $400 Canadian dollars. Additional fees will need to be paid if the inventor requests an examination of the patent. The fee for this is CA$800. Applicants who have previously filed patent applications can request priority status. The fee for this is CA$500. If an invention was created by two or more inventors, but one of them refuses to file for a patent or cannot be located, the applicant can apply to have the patent granted in her name only. The standard fee for this is CA$300, if the application was filed after October 1, 1989. The fee for reinstatement of an abandoned application or restoration of a forfeited application is CA$200.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats no different than the spring puller that I have in my toolbox. Sorry ive had it for about 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patents are only good if you have deep pockets to sue whomever infringes upon them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom