exhaust rubbing chaincase, xp

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed this weekend while riding in Revy that my MBRP can on my 08 summit XP has been rubbing on my chaincase. It's near the top. The only thing holding the can is the 2 springs that go from the can to the exhaust pipe and one spring on the back side of the can to the belly. It looks like I'm going to have to put a stiffer/shorter spring on the outside of the can to pipe connection and something to hold the can forward. After I noticed mine we looked at the other XP we were riding with, and his has almost rubbed a hole thru the case! It's hard to explain, but I will try to put up some pic's when we get the sleds unloaded. I would recommend to anyone riding a XP with aftermarket can to have a look at theirs.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have bought polaris, frbstr you know better than that!!! lol

Cowboy151

Reaction score
Do the MBRP cans have the angle flange that hooks over the top of the bulkhead side member? I am still running the stock can and may keep it if this is the result. I guess it's time for a JB Weld commercial.lol.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine, but the boys at Martin Motorsports did a quick fix for me. I will try to get some "after" pictures posted later, but here is a "before" picture. They unhooked the spring in the red circle, added another spring to it, and hooked it to the retainer in the blue circle. If you have the leftover spring from when you removed the stock exhaust, then you can use it as the second spring.

Attachments

• Copy of MBRP - Small Res.jpg
    Copy of MBRP - Small Res.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 33

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pic sleeper700. I'm going to try and have a look at fixing mine tonight or tomorrow. I'll put up some pics to show the damage thats been done. They sure look nice when their shiney new, to bad it doesnt last long.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's some pics of my issue. going to move some springs to new locations to fix the problem. Talked with dealer today, he said the new cans come with a extra spring eyelit on the front side, so its not an issue with newer cans.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 25

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch....i wonder how thin the case is there now might want to change that out.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's right on the edge of the case so I would think there is a lot of metal there. Hopefully it's still ok.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just another reason to leave the STOCK exhaust on the machine. Runs better,quieter and doesn`t rub your chaincase. Its all good

Top Bottom