Edmonton oilers suck.... A venting thread

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yup, unreal....... Did you see the interview with george laracque and he pointed out the numerous empty seats in the rink? I think that possibly opened a few eyes that it really is happening. Fans starting to show serious frustration.......

Yup, saw that with his little girl, he is having fun. I went to the only game they won recently (san-jose, 2-1 win) off work that sunday. Yup, probably 3-5000 empty seats.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yup, unreal....... Did you see the interview with george laracque and he pointed out the numerous empty seats in the rink? I think that possibly opened a few eyes that it really is happening. Fans starting to show serious frustration.......

the other thing that pissed me off, was the interviews with oiler players after Eakins was fired, and every one of them said we'll just have to play better, and up to their potential........ well wtf? they're professionals and should give their 100% every single game. I still think players should be paid some flat rate pay per year, and larger incentive pay for performance targets.

Exactly!!!!!, I have been saying this since the last lockout. $1 million each base salary. score 20 goals, extra million, score 50, extra 2 million, etc.
And then Lowe gives those unproven players $6 million over 5 years, no reason for them to play hard now, big mistake on Lowes part, should be fired for that alone!!!!!
And, I really think someone higher up told Mac T to make some kind of change......before someone else did, saving MacT and KLowe for the season.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We've gone through 5 coaches in 7 years and some were very good coaches that could have taken this team somewhere. I think eakins with a half decent team could have done well..... Look at all the 1point loss games we've had this year. Almost every game :( ..... That tells you he was doing best he could with the "unmotivated" players he had to work with. Only ones motivated are the new kids they keep bringing up from okc, as they'll play hard to try and make the team. Fire lowe and mact and most of the scouting staff, get a top ranked center and top ranked dman(with experience) and make taylor hall captain, and lets see what happens ;)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the other thing that pissed me off, was the interviews with oiler players after Eakins was fired, and every one of them said we'll just have to play better, and up to their potential........ well wtf? they're professionals and should give their 100% every single game. I still think players should be paid some flat rate pay per year, and larger incentive pay for performance targets.

Haha professionals? Give %100 every game? Not going to happen without the proper leadership.

Regardless of the fact that these guys get played to play a game they are employees of a company (NHL). They work under a collective agreement and are guaranteed a set income regardless of their performance.

If you were 22 years old and told tomorrow you will be paid 6 million dollars a year for the next 5 years are you going to work any harder tomorrow than today? Not likely. That isn't unlike any other unionized environment. Show me a union guy that says I want to work harder tomorrow because I got a big raise today.

There are those players who have great work ethic and want to win. I don't believe Edmonton has enough of these players and without that there isn't anyone steering this sinking ship in the right direction. I do believe some of the teams lack of success belongs to the players. I don't believe Ference is the right captain. I don't believe Hall has a voice that is heard either. He isn't mature enough. Reminds me of Crosby his first few years. Complains about everything. A guy like Hendricks may have a small voice because of his experience but who else is the voice on the team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• nightmare.jpg
    nightmare.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 141
  • try hard.jpg
    try hard.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 145
  • wrapped up.jpg
    wrapped up.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 148
  • pyramids.jpg
    pyramids.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DraftPartyTeesBack_1024x1024.jpg
    DraftPartyTeesBack_1024x1024.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 144

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oilers have declared a guaranteed win night..............

every night for their opponents lol

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Dakine879

Reaction score
ya I agree 100%.... driving home listening to 1260 yesterday with some guy radio host going off the handle on those who took out the ad saying the $5000 was a complete waste of money and they should give the cash to charity.. ya but in the big perspective ( a billion people on this earth have no access to healthcare, no clean drinking water, I could go on but you get the point ...) and we pay young men $6 million a year to chase a frozen rubber disc around the ice.... I was not impressed...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Though the points are not there yet, by my eye the oilers are a much improved team......
about to turn North any day now......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Though the points are not there yet, by my eye the oilers are a much improved team......
about to turn North any day now......

yes, they have no where to go but up, no fun in even poking at the fans. although I can't stand that puke seah ganam news joke.

Top Bottom