Edmonton oilers suck.... A venting thread

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They already have three first rounders lol you really looking forward to another ?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Both Eichel & McDavid are a class above any other recent draft picks, Either would drop Hopkins to 2nd line center

They already have three first rounders lol you really looking forward to another ?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I actually read a pretty good article over the weekend which implies that MacTavish is not a stupid man and being unable to make a "splash" he made some minor moves to appease the masses knowing full well that no matter what he did there was no way to turn the Oil into a competitive team in the short term. The prospect pool is becoming stacked and with a little more seasoning Nurse, Klefbomb, Draisaitl combined with Hall and Hopkins and either McDavid/Eichle......... Eberle, Yakipov either playing or used as trade pieces the potential is there.....

Question is can they fit the right pieces around the core..... No one knows....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jame...ggressive-Genius--Schlemko-to-Stars/200/65310

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That all depends on when you peg the beginning of the rebuild... Hall wasn't drafted until 2010 and this year will be the 2015 draft so some would say this is year 5

Took Pittsburg 8 years to rebuild beginning with Ryan Whitney in 02, Fleury 03, Malkin 04, Crosby 05, Stall 06, 07 was their first +500 season, 08 made the finals but lost, 09 won the cup.

If the oilers were to pick up McDavid/Eichle and put together a positive season next year with a 1st round exit, then in 16/17 make the finals, 17/18 win the cup....It would make them 1 year slower than Pittsburg but without a Crosby or Malkin for that matter

Longest rebuild of a team in history....... ;)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That all depends on when you peg the beginning of the rebuild... Hall wasn't drafted until 2010 and this year will be the 2015 draft so some would say this is year 5

Took Pittsburg 8 years to rebuild beginning with Ryan Whitney in 02, Fleury 03, Malkin 04, Crosby 05, Stall 06, 07 was their first +500 season, 08 made the finals but lost, 09 won the cup.

If the oilers were to pick up McDavid/Eichle and put together a positive season next year with a 1st round exit, then in 16/17 make the finals, 17/18 win the cup....It would make them 1 year slower than Pittsburg but without a Crosby or Malkin for that matter

Did you just read my post and copy it? Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I actually read a pretty good article over the weekend which implies that MacTavish is not a stupid man and being unable to make a "splash" he made some minor moves to appease the masses knowing full well that no matter what he did there was no way to turn the Oil into a competitive team in the short term. The prospect pool is becoming stacked and with a little more seasoning Nurse, Klefbomb, Draisaitl combined with Hall and Hopkins and either McDavid/Eichle......... Eberle, Yakipov either playing or used as trade pieces the potential is there.....

Question is can they fit the right pieces around the core..... No one knows....

HockeyBuzz.com - James Tanner - Oilers Mac-T: A Passive Aggressive Genius + Schlemko to Stars

One of the biggest problems is that we don't have a core. Just a bunch of young kids that only know how to lose. Hell, we don't even have a LEADER. Someone to speak up in the dressing room and "rally the troops".

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The ahl announced the formation of the pacific division today. Our friend mr.lowe was there but appears to have been using an alias... (I wouldn't call myself Kevin Lowe either ;))

hahaa, our loss, is Calgary's gain? haahahahhhaha

Dakine879

Reaction score
That's hilarious.... if i was Calgary i would pay to stay away from K Lowe, he is a virus.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would hate to see the Oilers get either McDavid or Eichle in this upcoming draft...they would just ruin them like the rest of the spoiled first rounders we have

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with them getting a top 2-3 pick at the draft. They just need to be willing to trade one of the "untouchables" for some actual Defence.

Yakupov is as good as gone. They will trade him as he has been slower to figure it out. Eberle is just another Hemsky. Good at times not great all the time. I am even willing to part ways with Hall. His return would be decent, although I wonder if anyone is willing to deal with his attitude.

RNH was the only player to make actual improvement this past season.

Goaltending will only improve when the defence in front of the net gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a funny comment during highlights the other day "Oilers in a battle for the first round draft pick". Should that be a battle or even a goal? How many first rounders do they need. Will get to the point when players refuse to go there.

minnow10

Reaction score
And now the poor long time Oiler fans will have to pay more to see this team rebuild for years to come! I do try to support them, but then I try to watch a few games and..........

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm done even arguing that theres a glimmer of hope. This is a fuqd up relationship. Like Stockholm Syndrome.

Top Bottom