Edmonton oilers suck.... A venting thread

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Pathetic, but focus has been turned towards the draft ..... :(

hopefully our boys in the minors will be able to move up next year..... Will have a tall defensive bunch, but they all gotta put on some much needed man pounds.... Without ference in the lineup and having nurse and a few others up from minors, could have all 6'5 or taller defense. Now to just bulk them up.

minnow10

Reaction score
I saw in the Edmonton Sun that it was rebuilt 3.0 , or was that rebuild 30. I think they made a mistake and put a .0 when it should have been a 30yr rebuild. It is hard to read and hear the Oiler management still talking rebuild, it is kindof getting embarrassing don't you think. What are they rebuilding, still rebuilding from the late 80's early 90's? Other teams have had to go through rebuilds but it turns around after a couple of years.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I totally agree.... Heard the announcers the other day talking about montreals rebuild..... About 5 years ago when the oilers finished 29th, the canadiens finished 28th..... Now the canadiens are one of the top teams in the league, and they're still considering this a rebuilding year? Wtf!!!

Maybe the oil needs a corey price?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I totally agree.... Heard the announcers the other day talking about montreals rebuild..... About 5 years ago when the oilers finished 29th, the canadiens finished 28th..... Now the canadiens are one of the top teams in the league, and they're still considering this a rebuilding year? Wtf!!!

Maybe the oil needs a corey price?

Nope. Just an entire new upper management team. To START.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
nope. Just an entire new upper management team. To start.

i completely agree, but lowe has is talons so deep into katz that him nor mctavish will ever be moved... I still agree that is the #1 problem, but don't think there is anything the average joe can do about it :(

camsledhead

Reaction score
Been a long time Oilers fan, My Great Uncle was the singer for many years up until a few years ago. See alot of changes and the biggest mistake is that they keep hiring ex Oilers to run this organization ( What A Joke ). The other problem is we have the best fans in the NHL and we keep filling the seats year after year waiting for something good to happen. All it would take is for season ticket holders and fans to stop filling the building and maybe something drastic would happen.

Ill i hope is before i leave this world i get to see another CUP raised in this city.....................

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
all it would take is for season ticket holders and fans to stop filling the building and maybe something drastic would happen.

and if this happened, katz would probably pull the plug on the city and move the team to a big market city in the states somewhere, like seattle.... :(

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Maybe but with the arena on its way that may be a bad idea.

to Katz, the cost to build the arena is chump change to him.... Seattle is a much bigger market, and/or Salt Lake City, etc... it wouldn't affect Katz even if he paid out the city to finish the new arena a then move the team....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if this happened, katz would probably pull the plug on the city and move the team to a big market city in the states somewhere, like seattle.... :(

Maybe but with the arena on its way that may be a bad idea.

Katz signed a 30 year agreement with the city that the Edmonton Oilers would remain Edmonton Oilers.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to Katz, the cost to build the arena is chump change to him.... Seattle is a much bigger market, and/or Salt Lake City, etc... it wouldn't affect Katz even if he paid out the city to finish the new arena a then move the team....

I'm not sure that any other market would blindly sell out each and every game at the 3rd (or whatever) highest ticket and concession prices in the league for years and years in succession.

I'm not saying I'm right, but there tends to be lots of spending money around here that people are willing to pay towards a hockey team, I'm not sure that in a current non hockey market they'd enjoy that same success.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other problem is we have the best fans in the NHL and we keep filling the seats year after year waiting for something good to happen. All it would take is for season ticket holders and fans to stop filling the building and maybe something drastic would happen.

Ill i hope is before i leave this world i get to see another CUP raised in this city.....................

You're not going to see this happen. We are in year 5 of being gold club seat holders (and live 6 hour round trip away from Edmonton). We aren't giving up our 3rd row tickets now, not with the new arena coming... we aren't alone. They have us by the short n curlies. IF, and that's a big IF, the season seat holders gave up their seats, there's some 2000+ people still on the season seat registry.

At some point this team has to turn things around and we'll be ready - but in the mean time, we will be downtrodden.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come out of your cave ... bin laden...

There is more money invested in the future of the oilers than you will ever imagine.

Just hold tight princess...

You really can't think that the city. Katz group, and fans will just pack up and abandon this.. Stantec and many other investment companies are onboard.. It's probably a billion invested already.

The future is looking awesome. Wait.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Come out of your cave ... bin laden...

There is more money invested in the future of the oilers than you will ever imagine.

Just hold tight princess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eah6Q3BjUFE

You really can't think that the city. Katz group, and fans will just pack up and abandon this.. Stantec and many other investment companies are onboard.. It's probably a billion invested already.

The future is looking awesome. Wait.

$103 million just for the phase 1 building permit alone. I'm betting well over a billion.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see this though??
CAPEfJJWYAAvpMk.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The oilers could learn a thing or 2 from them..... Edmonton will end up finishing 27th with Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto in no specific order. Carolina looked like they were going to tank but they have been 500 in their last 10...

The Leafs brought their tank game last night!!

Top Bottom