Edmonton oilers suck.... A venting thread

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm a pissed off, and frustrated Oiler's fan.... wtf, 8 years in rebuilding and no one is accountable? Right from Katz down....vent your frustrations or slander(if you're another teams fan), just keep it clean :)

Attachments

• mact.jpg
    mact.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 339
  • mact1.jpg
    mact1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Much like many of the players I think many of the fans have become apathetic.

I wasn't here for the 80's but after living through the 2006 cup run in this city it sucks that they can't get their chit together......those were good times.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Coilers has been stinking up Rectal Place this year....but its looking like the City of Champions will be getting a new banner this year!!!

Attachments

• Oilers.jpg
    Oilers.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 377

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ric posting links to facebook photo's don't work for many people, try to copy them to your computer then re-upload them to our site.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not paid attention to the oilier since Messier left. Watch the Raptors plenty to cheer for. We are the North

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
As sacrilegious is it may be I'm finding it difficult not too silently root for the Flames.....

They are the putting together a good run with very few pieces and the more people say they can't sustain it, the more I hope they can.

I also hope the oilers don't go turn things around just in time to finish 23rd or 24th overall, if your gonna suck then SUCK, at least do something right.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
OR TURN IT AROUND AND MAKE A RUN FOR IT? THEY CAN'T STAY THE WAY THEY ARE... GONNA HAVE PLAYERS ASKING TO BE TRADED AWAY AND WON'T BE ABLE TO ATTRACT "GOOD" PLAYERS TO COME HERE...

THIS IS A GOOD WATCH, BUT IT'S ABOUT 5 MINUTES LONG.... AN OILER'S FAN BREAKS DOWN WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE OILERS AND WHY,,,, EXCELLENT VIDEO FOOTAGE :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGNgOPu86hw&app=desktop

aocbiz

Reaction score
It's time get rid of upper management and the coach. They get scored on twice during an oilers power play and in the post game interviews both the coach and Lowe say "awe we played hard"???? WTF
They think they have this dynasty brewing but first you need accountability and leadership from the top down.
Eberly and Hopkins need to step it up or get parked or traded to Siberia, have you ever seen them back check?? Me neither.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
OR TURN IT AROUND AND MAKE A RUN FOR IT? THEY CAN'T STAY THE WAY THEY ARE... GONNA HAVE PLAYERS ASKING TO BE TRADED AWAY AND WON'T BE ABLE TO ATTRACT "GOOD" PLAYERS TO COME HERE...

THIS IS A GOOD WATCH, BUT IT'S ABOUT 5 MINUTES LONG.... AN OILER'S FAN BREAKS DOWN WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE OILERS AND WHY,,,, EXCELLENT VIDEO FOOTAGE :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGNgOPu86hw&app=desktop

Dude is 200% correct in his analysis IMO. Accountability. PERIOD. As far as I'm concerned, EVERY NHL hockey player, GM, and coach should get paid the exact same base salary. Be it $500K or $1M, I don't care. And then their contracts are based on performance and accountability. Bonuses for playing your heart out, scoring goals, etc.

Ric.... when one of your techs phucks up and leaves the oil filter loose on an oil change, who is accountable? You are. He/she is. That vehicle gets that filter tightened up and/or replaced, oil topped back up, undercarriage cleaned, and the customer walks out with a zero bill and hopefully a smile on his/her face.

When all but a couple Oilers plays like chit (almost every game), where is their accountability? Any loss of salary? Nope! Any lowering of ticket prices? HELL NO!!! Maybe all the fans get a free ticket to the next game? Not on your life!

We, as fans, are going to have to show Katz and his putz of a puppy dog that if THEY don't care, then we are just not willing to support their don't care attitude anymore.

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Problem is, everyone is hoping this team of supposedly young future superstars will do something, game in and game out hoping/praying for a win.... Whatever..... But this year seems to be more of an observing, when fans flock to the games, they're going to see all the other teams superstars and watching in awe.... I know i haven't been to a game this year, but have watched every game(even one from puerto vallarta), and love to watch what the "real" hockey teams are doing and how their stars are dooin', and i still have that little glimmer of hope in me that says the oilers and all their overpaid millionaire "kids" will be competitive.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure signing the head case Byzgalov is not going to help them but may hinder them even more.

Top Bottom