Dec 2012 snow conditions

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Somebody is doing something wrong LOL,we rode three days in a row,four sleds and zero damage.Found lots of untouched snow and had a great weekend exept for sat afternoon as is was socked in and snowing hard.With out a doubt more snow is needed but hey its still very ridable and if you were home or working I will bet I had a way better time than you!
catmando!

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sure wish i had of known it was your birthday weekend. Kelly and I had a great weekend as well hope to see you all again soon thanks again Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Somebody is doing something wrong LOL,we rode three days in a row,four sleds and zero damage.Found lots of untouched snow and had a great weekend exept for sat afternoon as is was socked in and snowing hard.With out a doubt more snow is needed but hey its still very ridable and if you were home or working I will bet I had a way better time than you!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course there are mixed reviews,this is my seventh year doing this the first weekend in dec,mostly in mcbride,a couple years were valemount.There has been better years and there definatly been worse.As mentioned above there are pounded out areas,I dont circle the cabin all day though and have never ever not been able to find enough snow to carve around and get stuck a few times.In our group we consider all of us to be pretty decent riders and we all got stuck this weekend a few times.With that being said........Its the first of Dec,I dont just drop 20 feet of powder and its good to go on any year.For those who are bitchin about the conditions I think you should buy a Go-Cart,Its still early!

catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure wish i had of known it was your birthday weekend. Kelly and I had a great weekend as well hope to see you all again soon thanks again Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Thanks Leona,was a busy weekend for you,didnt want to give you any more work than you allready had,Was an awsome weekend and cant wait to do it again.
catmando!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after a minor breakdown to Hotrods big truck he's back in action! Renshaw was groomed last night (Sun. 2nd), Lucielle they were just heading up today(Mon. 3rd) when i talked to them and Belle tomorrow or Wednesday. There has been some new snow fall from the weekend around 6"-10",but again early season riding so always be aware! Higgins.

2strokefumes

Reaction score
Nice talking to ya tmo1620,that friggin sled of yours is wicked.As mentioned,Snowed hard today at belle,snow conditions are pretty good for this time of year,the trails are smooth as a baby's butt,great job Rod.Half day ride tomorro and the the dreaded leaving sledding for home drive!Worse part is leaving At Home Bed and Breakfast., What a nice place to stay!
catmando!:beer:
What is Trail like in Renshaw ? Anybody ?

Newgen

Reaction score
Went up to the ant hills today and the rail was the best I've ever seen in 3 years. Great job! After the wishing well, snow was a little thin so it was a little "whoopy". Snow conditions were pretty good considering its the beginning of December. Had to cross a few creeks and dodge a few rocks. Could've used some clear skies and sun. But hey, who can complain about riding on a Friday instead of work??

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few pics from Last week-end. Good start to the year!

S&M MC 2.jpg S&M MC 3.jpg S&M MC 4.jpg S&M MC 5.jpg S&M MC 1.jpg

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're riding Renshaw be aware there are still plenty of rocks just below the snow surface. I found 2 yesterday that did some nice damage to the front of my XM. Good riding though. I'll have some pictures shortly.

back rool

Reaction score
Hi i heurt my self riding in mcbide now i am at terracana ranch and need a lift to edmonton to get a flight back to montreal i only have a back pack . I will chip in whit gaz

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great ride this past week-end. Five of us played for two days in untouched powder in the Ant Hills, just to the right of the avy chute. Great early season ride, snowing real hard this morning when we left. Good thing because we need to bury some landmines. Felt a few but no damage. Oh ya, the new XM is just absolutely awesome!

Attachments

• Ant Hills.jpg
    Ant Hills.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 222
Top Bottom