Dec 2012 snow conditions

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll start this one...Let's hear the reports and see the pics. :rockon:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long term forcast is looking good. We are coming on the 15th, can't wait!

Newgen

Reaction score
There's a group of 8 of us planning on leaving Thursday from Regina. From last months reports and the few in here for today, it sounds like there's less snow than normal and conditions aren't ideal yet. I know it's still early in the season, but usually our early December ride isn't an issue. Is it worth the 13-14 hour drive, or should we wait a few more weeks?? Opinions?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Bell today after going to Clemina this morn and seeing the giant crowds of people and pouring rain, got to Bell, maybe 15-20 sleds there vs 100 plus at Clemina, trail was awesome right to the cabin and snow was good once the clouds cleared up, going again tomorrow to Bell, no pics too busy bulchiting in the cabin and riding

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice talking to ya tmo1620,that friggin sled of yours is wicked.As mentioned,Snowed hard today at belle,snow conditions are pretty good for this time of year,the trails are smooth as a baby's butt,great job Rod.Half day ride tomorro and the the dreaded leaving sledding for home drive!Worse part is leaving At Home Bed and Breakfast., What a nice place to stay!
catmando!:beer:

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354413324.249201.jpg
Snow conditions are great lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice talking to ya tmo1620,that friggin sled of yours is wicked.As mentioned,Snowed hard today at belle,snow conditions are pretty good for this time of year,the trails are smooth as a baby's butt,great job Rod.Half day ride tomorro and the the dreaded leaving sledding for home drive!Worse part is leaving At Home Bed and Breakfast., What a nice place to stay!
catmando!:beer:

You too catmando good meeting ya, get that y pipe fixed up good for tomorrow?

go green

Reaction score
We were in Renshaw today ......... Obviously people's perseption of good snow vastly differs from mine. Cabin area is destroyed , the way to the saddle is bolder city. We road up past the saddle to the right down to the valley in the trees and up and down the creek wash . Snow was just enough to cover rocks . Lower control arm got bent and were hitting stuff all day .

CRASHMAN

Reaction score
HEY CATMANDO Don't know if you got yesterdays message but glad your having a good time on your birthday weekend ,mixed reviews on conditions up there heading out on thursday dec 6 withthe gbca gang hope it snows lots !!!!!!!! say hi to papa pump for me have fun CRASHMAN

Last edited:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We were in Renshaw today ......... Obviously people's perseption of good snow vastly differs from mine. Cabin area is destroyed , the way to the saddle is bolder city. We road up past the saddle to the right down to the valley in the trees and up and down the creek wash . Snow was just enough to cover rocks . Lower control arm got bent and were hitting stuff all day .

sounds like conditions are behind last years

go green

Reaction score
Bell is pounded flat will maybe 9" of new snow over a tracked up base . Trees left of cabin done , lower valley below cabin done , across the creek to the north done . You could ride a peddle bike around if you want .

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Bell is pounded flat will maybe 9" of new snow over a tracked up base . Trees left of cabin done , lower valley below cabin done , across the creek to the north done . You could ride a peddle bike around if you want .

I bet your glass is half empty right now!!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Bell again today lil fresh and some decent stuff here and there, rode the 13 pro rmk today making that day 2 on it and all I can say is what a disappointing sled, hate everything except the handle bars an hand thumb warmer switches, and low low on power but anyway snowing hard when we left, pretty tracked up though, maybe 15 sleds in there today

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First ride of the season, Renshaw all day untill late afternoon. Trail is in good shape for the amount of snow he has to work with, glad have had it groomed, well worth the $20 bucks. Darrin ended up in the Blackwater Creek and was on his back in 18 inches of water so our day finished there. We hit no rocks but we also did no hillclimbing at all, lots of snow in the valley bottoms and a ton of good snow in the trees. Would have been a perfect day but it snowed all day. Damn LOL. Back to work next week so will not be riding untill Christmas.

go green

Reaction score
I bet your glass is half empty right now!!

If you are looking for the sugar coated thread then GTFO.

Sledders are driving 5 to 10+ hours on information that is written on this thread so if it does not suit your wishful thinking then so be it. If you want to ride rocks, stumps and pounded out areas then at least you know where to go . I really enjoy the McBride area and it is my place that I ride the most but it is just not in riding shape yet .

Top Bottom