Damage to cabins

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do people feel that they have to damage cabins and warm up huts, they are put up there for us to use, built by volunteers, maintained by volunteers. When people start kicking in walls, writing on walls, it costs the clubs money to repair, volunteers time to repaint, or repair.
sledding dec28th,29th2009 048.jpg

sledding dec28th,29th2009 049.jpg

sledding dec28th,29th2009 050.jpg

These are some pics taking yesterday of names wrote on cabin walls up Renshaw. If you know these people they deserve to be smacked upside the head or taking out into the wilderness and be left there.:rant:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree!

The Dave white cabin at Forester is another example, it is a cabin built and maintained by the hut society not the snowmobile club. There is not supposed to be any sleds at the cabin, not even if you are renting it and ski touring.

These cabins are great to have, let's not screw it up.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just kills me how stund some of these A$$holes are. "Lets vandalize the place and leave our names on the wall" :confused: Last year we had some Dorks tear the tounge and groove cedar off the walls and use it for firewood. I guess the 6 cords under the cabin floor were too much work to bring up:rant:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why we don't advertise the location of ours on our maps, and keep it locked. Shouldn't have to do that though! :(

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you catch these people you should take there pictures and put in the local news paper as : emegency shelter vandals : and post them on here . just my oppinion , the vandalism is getting out of hand .

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a price tag on it, as in charge for the useage. When you pay for something you tend to have more Respect for what your paying for. It's sad that things have to come down to A$$holes ruining the trails with garbage, and destructing Cabins and warmup shacks with Vandilism. Just because you buy a trail pass doesn't give you the right to destroy the very trails and cabins you ride around. Smarten up peeps or we won't have the luxury of using these facilities next time....... Just my 2 cents ;0

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no reason for it at all. But i have noticed one thing and it would only work if it didn't get vandilized, what about a message board like a white board or chalk board. Just An idea.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the cabins in valemount were redone last season at a cost of 10,000$ they have logs in the inside and people had carved there names and whatever else all over the place. each log had to be sanded down to remove it. it had to be done since its a family place too and some of the carvings were not so friendly. pretty sad.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe just a log book would solve some of the vandalism,write in the book not on the walls,or carving in the walls..

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most cabins have guest books in them, I dont understand people that write on the wall instead of the guest book.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad and his buddies built a cabin and left it open for people to use then stuff kept kept getting so they locked it up. Once they locked it up who ever was stealing stuff out of it got pissed, tore down the door, stole a honda generator and then burnt the cabin too the ground. Now that's gratitude for ya. Hope they burn in Hell! If people went abusing the cabin it would have never had to be locked up in the frist place.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slave used to have a ski hill with a Chalet at the top....volunteers got so fed up with vandalism that they shut it down and then someone burnt it down...ski lift was tore down and sold so now there's nothing.....and then people wonder why so many volunteers don't want to help any longer....waste of time and energy. Used to have a couple of cook kitchens that were moved from Government roadside day use area's and what happened to them? yep...they put one up at Devonshire beach for all to use and it got burnt....they put another one in after the fiorst one and it too got burnt !!!!!! What do we have now....yep NOTHING!!!!! Sure screws it for the rest of the people that really appreciate it thou....they'd sure use it thou if it were an overnighter on a mountain or in the bush and it maybe meant survival....stupid Sheetheads....remember the ways of the trappers when they left everything unlocked for someone to use if needed? ...unreal....this generation is really screwed up I say. Whatever happened to old fashioned morals???!!!! Along with that went a friggin good lickin if you did something that stupid........keep it up you morons and there won't be a place to ride anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't blame the clubs or the volunteers who are upset....you have a right to be!!!!!!!!

dozer

Reaction score
I have seen the vandalism on the walls of renshaw SAFETY cabin (pictured) and it totally disgusts me there are two log books in there. been sledding there since before the SAFETY cabin on days when it was miserable and been up there after dark trying to get broken sleds out,sure would have been nice to have SAFETY cabin then. I have been very grateful to the snowmobile clubs and volunteers that put the SAFETY cabins on the snowmobile areas many times, and dread to think what it would be like with out them.
I say those that vandalize SAFETY cabins should be charged with public endangerment
or something like that if they make it of the hill cause if our group catches these morons they will be gettin an ass kickin. maybe we should tie em to a tree and make them spend a night up there with nothing. these buildings are for everyones SAFETY and comfort PLEASE treat them with respect so we all can enjoy them for years to come

catgod

Reaction score
I agree with you guys about the stupid mother -------- wrecking the cabins they are lucky enough to use the cabins but the ungrateful ----------- need to learn some education perhaps the old fashion way although the law is usually protecting them when they go crying foul. The signing books work OK for the respectful people but the buttheads that wreck these places do not have the mentality to use a pen. People lose interest in fixin the places up year after year and if no one will maintain the cabins it does not take long for them to fall apart.

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just a young guy but i firmly believe in leaving the place looking better than i found it. 15 $%#@ even 30 minutes of your day to clean up sure makes a different, chopping wood and or sweeping are always good ways to warm up!

Last edited by a moderator:

bullbluff

Reaction score
These idiots don't realize how valuable the cabins are when someone gets
hurt or if u get stranded and need shelter. Maybe the should go home and
do the same to their own places!!!

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people are pigs, went to the pool today and some one took a dump on the floor of the washroom
probably the same jerk that is putting his name on walls :nono:
i think the chalk boards or white boards are a good idea to put on one of the walls ,but with that your basically giving them tools to do more damage :(

Top Bottom