Club memberships

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sit back and let everyone else do the work , it's easier that way:rolleyes: w.t.h. kinda self serving statement / question is that anyway?

I think I've got a pretty decent sense of humor, but I didn't honestly see how you wrote this to appear as humerous(?) Pete, I think you just touched on a nerve with the wording of the "self serving statement". Sorry, but I don't see the humor in that post. As for your follow up posts, the humor gets lost again when you tell us that we think we're the salt of the earth" because we are proud of being active mebers in our clubs... thanks for the spare plugs but no thanks to the sarcastic remarks. Maybe that wicked Alberta weather is just startin to wear on ya!:d:beer:

Altapeet

Reaction score
ya maybe it's the weather... I gotta quit posting on these forums ,

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, This is my 1st winter here in BC with MOMMA. She was already involved with the club before I came. Somehow I was made a director before even going to the 1st meeting. lol Its great though, I enjoy helping out and am currently trying to find a good deal on a snocat for the club so we can start grooming some trails. So keep an eye out for one. Our club doesnt have alot of money but we all work hard on what needs to get done.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna get flamed here, but when I read the first post on this thread I thought it was insulting to anyone not involved with a club. JMHO!

Trench

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Started out as a junior member of the Smithers Snowmobile Association when I was 5, now I run the annual raffle. Of the 160+ members, maybe half of the local sledders, the same 20 people do all the work. I know running the raffle, the same 4 people have helped me, while almost every other member refuses to help. It really puts my nose out of joint when people tell me that they won't sacrifice one day of riding a year to help their local club. So instead of everyone sharing the load, the regular core of volunteers gets burnt out after giving up 100's of hours every year.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Well, This is my 1st winter here in BC with MOMMA. She was already involved with the club before I came. Somehow I was made a director before even going to the 1st meeting. lol Its great though, I enjoy helping out and am currently trying to find a good deal on a snocat for the club so we can start grooming some trails. So keep an eye out for one. Our club doesnt have alot of money but we all work hard on what needs to get done.

I have some good contacts for snowcats...not sure what you are after, but I think we just bought our 2nd one. Send me a pm and I can fill you in...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna get flamed here, but when I read the first post on this thread I thought it was insulting to anyone not involved with a club. JMHO!

Trench

when i asked the question was for the purpose of finding out if the other clubs out there have the same people out to every meeting and the same people at all the work bees ...talking to a guy a while back and he was doing nothing but complaining about the way stuff was done in his club... asked him when was the last time he had been to a meeting
well he hasnt been to a meeting in over four years ... you dont go to a meeting and yet you sit and complain how things were done ...

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got my club card hope to do somthing soon maybe even go for my first trail ride hope to meet outhers there as well.more club members should mean more help:d.can't wait to hit the snow fort sask snow angles seem friendly

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
lol you people need to grab a sense of humour and stop taking yourself so seriously! You don't know me from Adam so don't be so quick to judge me .As far as stirring the pot ... everyone on this site has done that at one point or another so relax!
I could be the guy that stops to pull your sorry azz out of a snowbank when your stuck in the middle of nowhere or gives you a spare set of plugs or extra gas on the trail to get you back , but getting on a soapbox on this site to tell the world what I did or do really means nothing . It's just stroking my own ego.. so sorry I tainted your precious thread with a bit of dark humour, you are all the salt of the Earth I am certain of that.

If you care about your fellow sledders that much, I'm sure there is some salt of the earth in yourself!

Why not channel that some of that energy into a club?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a member of the Cranbrook Snowmobile club...I don't help with the club do to the distance, but I do support the club where I ride most:beer:

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a member of the Cranbrook Snowmobile club...I don't help with the club do to the distance, but I do support the club where I ride most:beer:

And when when you visit Creston you will become a member here. We dont take non members into the good places. ;):d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am vice president of the local ASA club, the Peace Valley Snow Riders. it is the same few people that attend the meetings, and always the same few peeps that are helping out with the work. It is only our second year, but we are making progress and raising awareness....only good things can come. Thanks to all that volunteer their time.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just got my club card hope to do somthing soon maybe even go for my first trail ride hope to meet outhers there as well.more club members should mean more help:d.can't wait to hit the snow fort sask snow angles seem friendly

See you this Sunday if you make it out.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whitecourt Trailblazers membership here for roughly the last ten years - acting as director for the last five. We have a large club but a core group like most other clubs that always shows up for the work parties... STP (same twenty people - used to be ten but has grown in the last few years):d:d:d

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a member of the South Slocan Club and sit on the exec for the Castlegar Snowmobile Association. Our club is bigger than ever this year with over 200 members, and less than 20 that come to the meetings and consistantly volunteer their time.

It really chaps my azz that people will sit in the cabin and burn the wood, use the propane, run the geny, and complain about the shape of the trail. They are the same people that will not donate their time to help brush the trails, gather firewood, man the parking lot, or contribute anything other than leaving their empties around the cabin.

It's frustrating that the workload falls on the same few people. I don't think people realise the time and effort involved to make a club successful.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a member of the South Slocan Club and sit on the exec for the Castlegar Snowmobile Association. Our club is bigger than ever this year with over 200 members, and less than 20 that come to the meetings and consistantly volunteer their time.

It really chaps my azz that people will sit in the cabin and burn the wood, use the propane, run the geny, and complain about the shape of the trail. They are the same people that will not donate their time to help brush the trails, gather firewood, man the parking lot, or contribute anything other than leaving their empties around the cabin.

It's frustrating that the workload falls on the same few people. I don't think people realise the time and effort involved to make a club successful.

tru dat

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So far I've just given money haven't had the opportunity to attend a meeting or get a feel for whats required...but I will...

AB Beach Snowmobile Club & VARDA.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far I've just given money haven't had the opportunity to attend a meeting or get a feel for whats required...but I will...

AB Beach Snowmobile Club & VARDA.....
I forgot about my VARDA membership...good call Bogg.

Top Bottom