Club memberships

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious as too how many people that are members of a club and how many peeps are actively involved instead of just sitting back and letting everyone else do the work....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious as too how many people that are members of a club and how many peeps are actively involved instead of just sitting back and letting everyone else do the work....

Me!!! I'm the secretary for the Kokanee Country Snowmobile club. Awesome club.. Awesome peeps.:):beer:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a member. Would help as much as I could but time is precious with 3 youngsters and running a company. My neighbor is the x Bc snowmobile fed president. Roger frost.

BeeZee62

Reaction score
I'm the president of Sprockets Off Highway Vehicle Club ... ATVs, bikes, sleds .. unfortunately we only have 4 members with sleds, but 75 with ATVs/Bikes. We're located at the military base, Wainwright, AB and have over 600 sq kms of 'private' land available to use.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family and I have been members of our local club for the past 5 + yrs. If time would permit I would definitely help out more. I helped organize an avalanche course for our members last winter. I have also expressed an interest to our president in helping out on special projects, and wherever I can I try to tell other sledders to purchase memberships! My daughter is an avid competitive figure skater so right now I sit on the executive for our local skating club, and that takes up alot of my time right now.

I am hoping when my kids aren't so dependent on me in a few years, I can play a more active role in our club!!

I also want to thank snowmobile executive members all over that devote their time and energy to make this a better sport for all of us!!:cheering::thumbsup2:

Altapeet

Reaction score

I just sit back and let everyone else do the work , it's easier that way:rolleyes: w.t.h. kinda self serving statement / question is that anyway?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trail Director for the Fort sakatchewan snow angels been with the club since 1982. Was the ASA president for 5 yrs still involved as provincial signage distribution member of the ASA trail committe and still volunteer my time her on Snow and Mud as a moderator. I think I do my share to improve the world or my interests in it at least.

Altapeet

Reaction score
Your proud of that???

It was a silly self serving statement, I responded in kind. I'm not a member of a club but buy my trail pass from my local club ... I'm quite certain I don't measure up to your standard ..but I can live with that.:)

Cheers:beer:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I personally think it's a good question. I understand not everyone has time to volunteer but but there are a lot who have more than enough time to help out but...... "Kicking back and let everyone else do the work"...sorry not in my vocabulary. Talk about "Self Serving". Some people are cut out to be leaders and set examples, others are are content following those people. :beer: Back to the question, wife and I join the local club every year. I take care of the club website. Help out with trail maintenance. Phone members to see who'll be attending the dinner meetings and had my second day of groomer training yesterday. For me it's just fun and rewarding to help out where I can and be involved:xmas-smiley-002:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just sit back and let everyone else do the work , it's easier that way:rolleyes: w.t.h. kinda self serving statement / question is that anyway?

It was a silly self serving statement, I responded in kind. I'm not a member of a club but buy my trail pass from my local club ... I'm quite certain I don't measure up to your standard ..but I can live with that.:)

Cheers:beer:

Talk about self serving! I can't believe I read what I read! Wow!

I would be embarrassed to post something of that nature. Sit back and keep it to yourself dude rather than stir the pot in a negative fashion.

When all the ol' volunteers pass on to cribbage and quieter things are you gonna then step up and carry your share or are you still gonna "let everyone else doo the work"? Let me guess....you'll still sit on your fat arse, complain about all the things that aren't right and go through life being an azzhat!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am the secretary for the Fernie club. I am the map chairman, a groomer operator, and now the person in charge of getting land set up for a new cabin. I also, volunteer my time on most of the projects we undertake.

I am a member of the Elkford club. I am a groomer operator and trail guy for this club.

I agree with ploarice that most members let the others doo the work! We have 200 members in Fernie and at the most there are 10% at the meetings or work parties. It is a sad state of affairs, but...... who is on first?

Altapeet

Reaction score
Talk about self serving! I can't believe I read what I read! Wow!

I would be embarrassed to post something of that nature. Sit back and keep it to yourself dude rather than stir the pot in a negative fashion.

When all the ol' volunteers pass on to cribbage and quieter things are you gonna then step up and carry your share or are you still gonna "let everyone else doo the work"? Let me guess....you'll still sit on your fat arse, complain about all the things that aren't right and go through life being an azzhat!

lol you people need to grab a sense of humour and stop taking yourself so seriously! You don't know me from Adam so don't be so quick to judge me .As far as stirring the pot ... everyone on this site has done that at one point or another so relax!
I could be the guy that stops to pull your sorry azz out of a snowbank when your stuck in the middle of nowhere or gives you a spare set of plugs or extra gas on the trail to get you back , but getting on a soapbox on this site to tell the world what I did or do really means nothing . It's just stroking my own ego.. so sorry I tainted your precious thread with a bit of dark humour, you are all the salt of the Earth I am certain of that.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol you people need to grab a sense of humour and stop taking yourself so seriously! You don't know me from Adam so don't be so quick to judge me .As far as stirring the pot ... everyone on this site has done that at one point or another so relax!
I could be the guy that stops to pull your sorry azz out of a snowbank when your stuck in the middle of nowhere or gives you a spare set of plugs or extra gas on the trail to get you back , but getting on a soapbox on this site to tell the world what I did or do really means nothing . It's just stroking my own ego.. so sorry I tainted your precious thread with a bit of dark humour, you are all the salt of the Earth I am certain of that.

Hi Alta Pete,
I think this is a good thread. One of my big frustrations is when people say, "what is a club gonna do for me? I can ride without belonging to a club".
Clubs do alot, first of all, they help to unite people into a powerful voice when dealing with serious issues such as land issues. It makes it easier to network out to other clubs to join forces in such cases. Clubs do alot to help educate, not only their own members, but often reaching out to the community. My club is helping to sponsor the program I'm taking into schools, educating little peeps on winter safety. Clearing of trails, donating to worthy charities and creating a positive image for our sport are all ways clubs help out. Often there are perks when you do belong to a club. We get discounted parts and services for belonging to ours.
If you don't belong to a club, I can respect that, but it's really nice to see other people out there who belong to clubs, and what kind of activities they have going on. Not meant to be soapbox ish... just sayin.......:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Member of the Roughrider Snowmobile Club in Bismarck, ND.

Been a member as long as I knew we had a club here, so about 3 years now.

Out of the 30 members in the club, about 10-12 of us do most of the work. You have that in every club I guess, I am in a car club too and out of the 100-120 members, about 20-30 do most the work. At actual events ALL members help out or at least look like they are helping out haha.

Not an elected official but prefer that, I like to help out as much as I can but being forced to do it is not for me. Don't take that the wrong way, though. This year I made the first trail map our club has ever produced (others got the advertising), signed a LOT of the trail in some pretty cold conditions while others sat at home watching football, made a LOT of signs, started grooming/opperator training, and organized a poker run.

Don't buy the excuse "I don't have time" because if you really want to you can make time for it.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Member of the Roughrider Snowmobile Club in Bismarck, ND.

Been a member as long as I knew we had a club here, so about 3 years now.

Out of the 30 members in the club, about 10-12 of us do most of the work. You have that in every club I guess, I am in a car club too and out of the 100-120 members, about 20-30 do most the work. At actual events ALL members help out or at least look like they are helping out haha.

Not an elected official but prefer that, I like to help out as much as I can but being forced to do it is not for me. Don't take that the wrong way, though. This year I made the first trail map our club has ever produced (others got the advertising), signed a LOT of the trail in some pretty cold conditions while others sat at home watching football, made a LOT of signs, started grooming/opperator training, and organized a poker run.

Don't buy the excuse "I don't have time" because if you really want to you can make time for it.

Nice Orbie!!!

Yup I agree....
They say if you want something done ask a busy person...

Top Bottom